AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Maybe we should bring in a System that if you crash your plane you would have to rebuy the module or something for people to get a fear of doing things wrong :megalol:

Everything is easy in a simulator because there are no consequences.

It's not such a bad idea. It would be an interesting experience to have for instance a few MP servers where if your virtual pilot dies, you have to pay some set ammount - for instance 20 EUR. The money could go for some noble purpose instead of increasing EDs margin.

On the discussion how difficult landing Harrier will be. We all have to wait (probably 3 weeks ) to find out. The gut feeling tells me that probably not as much difficult as landing Spit, Huey or Hip ;)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to toss JDAMs with the Harrier?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes, but according to the Pocket Guide the mode for that *(DLS?)* will come at a later date, before release.

EDIT looked it up again, LOFT is a submode to AUTO. Still if I remember correct, it will not be available in Early Access... but let's see what Razbam comes up with in a few weeks.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yes, but according to the Pocket Guide the mode for that (DLS?) will come at a later date, before release.
Yeah I guess it'll maybe come with the guided weapons, should be an interesting addition to DCS. I really enjoy using it with the Harrier in BMS (I know it's not really accurate but it's all I've got until this comes out) Unfortunately I fear it'll be useless in multiplayer as there's no way to plan a flight beforehand.

Yeah I guess it'll maybe come with the guided weapons, should be an interesting addition to DCS. I really enjoy using it with the Harrier in BMS (I know it's not really accurate but it's all I've got until this comes out) Unfortunately I fear it'll be useless in multiplayer as there's no way to plan a flight beforehand.

If I understood the NATOPS tactical manual correct, that is, what TOO (Target-of-opportunity) may be able to achieve. I can't recall everything. Was a quick read...

Anyway TOO is planned for later, also. ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why would you need DSL for this over Any other delivery mode?
Yep, my fault. LOFT is a submode of AUTO...

As I said, read this a couple weeks ago, and had to look it up, again.

Shagrat

The engine start switch does use the "APU". From what I understand from the NATOPs manual the APU switch just operates the GTS (Gas Turbine Starter) in APU mode, ie couples it to a generator to provide electrical power for the aircraft. If you just hit the engine start switch, it uses the GTS to start the engine instead.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I'm an idiot and didn't read the full text properly either. Yeah the old LOFT will be needed for a bomb toss. Can't frikkin wait for this beast!
Oh yeah, baby... I have to confess I am a CAS addict and that is a perfect new toy for the cozy winter evenings.

Shagrat

Preparing myself for low level flight and cas missions, I started learning the viggen. Although I feel like it's a lazy pilot's plane haha.

Trying to get used to low speed maneuvers in the av8 the viggen is a nice one for that. Whenever I'm flying it I feel like a helicopter pilot because I'm always so low.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Im very worried about HUD and his visibility. Its again very badly visible like in the Mirage :( I hope this will be fixed when Harrier arrives in DCS.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Im very worried about HUD and his visibility. Its again very badly visible like in the Mirage :( I hope this will be fixed when Harrier arrives in DCS.

I don't think that this is a game issue. The issue is that they're in a sunny desert with sunlight going directly into the HUD glass. IRL the HUD projection is going to be very difficult to view under such circumstances, and this is demonstrated in game.

Try lowering your helmet's shaded visor, and that will help, or adjust graphics settings to turn down gamma should help as well.

Try flying a mission just after dark and you'll see what I mean, the HUD will be much more visible.

Hmm. Maybe you have right.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Any idea why the rkt pipper seams so off? I saw a few comments about it on youtube with no reply.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Any idea why the rkt pipper seams so off? I saw a few comments about it on youtube with no reply.

In the video, he says the nozzles are at 45 degrees when firing. I'm not an expert, but having the nozzles at any setting other than 0 sound like a big "no", it would make the hud compute wind in a wrong way. Anyone with real knowledge knows about the correct procedures?