AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Landing gear? Do they have to make the wing gear collidable?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Obviously. How else would the physics model determine correct ground behaviour, while taxiing, on take off or landing?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

you can be sure they will NOT release any form of Beta/preOrder while a sale is going on. Because then you wouldnt be tempted to buy all the old modules ;)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

you can be sure they will NOT release any form of Beta/preOrder while a sale is going on. Because then you wouldnt be tempted to buy all the old modules ;)
Seems we are having sales every Friday at the moment lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

No need to be confrontational man, I was just saying I had never heard of such a limitation of the AGM-122. My knowledge level is far from sufficient to make an analysis of the capabilities of the AGM-122. But is is strictly the size of the antenna that dictates what frequencies this missile can detect/target?

Why is it unlikely that the radar receiver in the missile could detect EWR systems?

Because antenna gain is dependent on the antenna aperture size vs. the wavelength of the signal of interest.

Small antennas technically can feel the force of low frequency emissions. However, using a small antenna to receive low freqs has significant problems. As the freq gets lower the beam width expands allowing noise to seep in from all directions, cancellation can occur from impedance mismatch and standing waves disrupt reception. Overall sensitivity becomes so weak that signal reception, identification, and direction finding becomes impractical.

Based on the AGM-122s role (small, cheap, consumable, short range anti-radiation missile), its very unlikely to receive signals from anything emitting on a low frequency. (I would feel obliged to debate anyone who thinks it can track a signal operating below 5GHz.. 7-15GHz seems like a rational guess) An EW radar (operating between .15-3GHz) is completely out of the question. Especially considering the era were talking about.

This was my assessment on the AGM-122 from a few months ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3084941&postcount=45

Edited by Beamscanner

No.... it's normally a hat or a sock...

on ma mobile

Acquired taste, it seems. :megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A bit offtopic but tlook at this :O

Its a 1:8 model of a pegasusengine

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

Does anyone know if the AV8 going to have a pre-sale period or is it going straight to early access? In short, could we be flying it in the next few weeks rather than towards the end of the year?

None of us plebs know if it will have a pre-purchase period. However, ED stated that it would in their newsletter a few weeks back. And I think Razbam did one for Mirage, although I could be wrong about that.

I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. I'm expecting 1-4 weeks of pre-purchase announced some time before the end of October, and hoping to have my hands on the Harrier before December.

None of us plebs know if it will have a pre-purchase period. However, ED stated that it would in their newsletter a few weeks back. And I think Razbam did one for Mirage, although I could be wrong about that.

I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. I'm expecting 1-4 weeks of pre-purchase announced some time before the end of October, and hoping to have my hands on the Harrier before December.

Yea this seems pretty realistic. I'd rather them take time to iron stuff out.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Does anyone know if the AV8 going to have a pre-sale period or is it going straight to early access? In short, could we be flying it in the next few weeks rather than towards the end of the year?

Good question. RD is helping test it now too, so maybe direct to early access I hope.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ya.....this Wednesday!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

RD is a good friend of ED. They even live very close together - at least on the keyboard.

• Like 3

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

RD is a good friend of ED. They even live very close together - at least on the keyboard.

:megalol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

:lol:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

:lol:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I was looking over the images of the Harrier and only noticed it flying over the New Caucasus map, Normandy or Nevada. Does that mean the aircraft was only written for the new software engine? Could we be seeing the big update before the Harrier is released? I remember some issues with other A/C and compatibility between them. Maybe , the new A/C are only being built for 2.0 or 2.5......Thoughts????

I was looking over the images of the Harrier and only noticed it flying over the New Caucasus map, Normandy or Nevada. Does that mean the aircraft was only written for the new software engine? Could we be seeing the big update before the Harrier is released? I remember some issues with other A/C and compatibility between them. Maybe , the new A/C are only being built for 2.0 or 2.5......Thoughts????
Hi if i remember it's been in

Normandy

Nttr

So all maps ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2