AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

A few new photos Razbam has posted on Facebook.

(Unsure how to embed Directly from face book so I had to use an image hosting site :doh:)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/RazbamSims/photos/?ref=page_internal

d18zynk.jpg

rH0bZ0J.jpg

Pytc2WD.jpg

BTW I really dig the new logo Radzamb ;) very simple, clean and professional looking.

yfilmNN.png

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunning screen shots there.

Looking forward to re-living RAFG Harrier Force days in DCS!

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Hopefully today's newsletter has some updates on that.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Did someone say release?

tenor.gif

Hahahahahahaa

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

So.

Q3 is just about over, and ED has been speaking of a pre-order before release. My assumption is thus, that Harrier will not be released on Q3.

Now, that is all fine as long as the module is good when it eventually comes out, but I feel most here would now like to know what is going on, and how is it looking for the Harrier - an update of sorts.

Are we perhaps looking at a release in the *actual* near future, or are there issues keeping the release at bay for some time yet?

Zeus? Prowler? Any info would be helpful at this point, since the original time schedule seems to not be valid anymore.

No negativity intended. This is just a query for information.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

So.

Q3 is just about over, and ED has been speaking of a pre-order before release. My assumption is thus, that Harrier will not be released on Q3.

Now, that is all fine as long as the module is good when it eventually comes out, but I feel most here would now like to know what is going on, and how is it looking for the Harrier - an update of sorts.

Are we perhaps looking at a release in the *actual* near future, or are there issues keeping the release at bay for some time yet?

Zeus? Prowler? Any info would be helpful at this point, since the original time schedule seems to not be valid anymore.

No negativity intended. This is just a query for information.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Being where were at with the Harrier.. I'd say they are more on schedule than any past dcs product. I'm sure when they have any note worthy info they will pass it along.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Being where were at with the Harrier.. I'd say they are more on schedule than any past dcs product. I'm sure when they have any note worthy info they will pass it along.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Given that the time window they themselves have repeatedly stated is just about closed, I would say even "we don't have any new info" on the subject would be appropriate at this point in time.

It is part of polite manners to give a *timely* report if you are going to miss a particular time, even if you don't give any other info with it - don't leave people hanging. And this is regards to anything, not just DCS release dates (or predictions of).

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Give it a month or more they are in testing with ED so I'm sure they will have to go back and alter some things or maybe make some tweaks and fixes. I've been waiting over a year for red dead redemption 2 to be done and still no release date. It will come eventually, just like this module.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hey, i fly vr... and thinking to build a front pannel for the mounting mfd cougar on it, so i can reach like it would be in game...

But can sombody help me that knows haw far the mfd couger needs to be from ground or seat and haw far they need to be from each other?

I want to build it so that it would be like i try to reach it in game... hoping that the distance between those of the av-8b will be the same as the f18 so i can use them for both planes...

I can wait for release and built them, but i like to start building... and with release start programming and flying with target :)

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

They just told us the module had gone to ED for final testing.

Do you want them to come out and repeat the statement?

There is nothing new to say until that's done, is there?

Give it a month or more they are in testing with ED so I'm sure they will have to go back and alter some things or maybe make some tweaks and fixes. I've been waiting over a year for red dead redemption 2 to be done and still no release date. It will come eventually, just like this module.

As an analogy - even if you tell your boss you have a busy morning with the kids tomorrow, you are still expected to report if you actually miss your morning. Polite and professional.

ED and 3rd parties - in my opinion - have a bad habit of not actually addressing passing a date (even though this was just a prediction, not a promise) when it happens.

No hard feelings.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Hey, i fly vr... and thinking to build a front pannel for the mounting mfd cougar on it, so i can reach like it would be in game...

But can sombody help me that knows haw far the mfd couger needs to be from ground or seat and haw far they need to be from each other?

I want to build it so that it would be like i try to reach it in game... hoping that the distance between those of the av-8b will be the same as the f18 so i can use them for both planes...

I can wait for release and built them, but i like to start building... and with release start programming and flying with target :)

Since you ask the question I write the below with the though that you are up for experimenting to get there. Think of it in this manner.... your answer depends upon your body size and personal setup.. chair height etc. Your MFD inputs that you are going to emulate with your Cougars need to be where your brain thinks they are when you reach out your hand to touch one. Given that... you can probably start your test build using an existing aircraft with MFDs in the cockpit similar in location to the AV-8B and once you center yourself comfortably in the seat just keep adjusting their location until it feels right. I am also assuming you are only mounting the MFDs and not other control interfaces. In my minds eye I see your MFDs mounted on some kind of pseudo, fixed height device or devices that you can slide closer or farther from you (and fix them there so they won't move when you touch them) and kant their angle etc once you are in your expected seated position... and you can tweak it until it "feels" right for you. Once the AV-8B is released.. you would only need to readjust your new invention for the locations specific to what you feel when in the actual (VR) cockpit. Good Luck... hope you are able to achieve your vision.

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

Since you ask the question I write the below with the though that you are up for experimenting to get there. Think of it in this manner.... your answer depends upon your body size and personal setup.. chair height etc. Your MFD inputs that you are going to emulate with your Cougars need to be where your brain thinks they are when you reach out your hand to touch one. Given that... you can probably start your test build using an existing aircraft with MFDs in the cockpit similar in location to the AV-8B and once you center yourself comfortably in the seat just keep adjusting their location until it feels right. I am also assuming you are only mounting the MFDs and not other control interfaces. In my minds eye I see your MFDs mounted on some kind of pseudo, fixed height device or devices that you can slide closer or farther from you (and fix them there so they won't move when you touch them) and kant their angle etc once you are in your expected seated position... and you can tweak it until it "feels" right for you. Once the AV-8B is released.. you would only need to readjust your new invention for the locations specific to what you feel when in the actual (VR) cockpit. Good Luck... hope you are able to achieve your vision.

Yes you are right

Even if i build the same as a real life distanse as a cockpit... my seat wil probebly not be the same as the real deal so real mesurment is not good...

Think i gonna start with the metal skeleton to mount it on my portable skeleton of the simpit :) and if i need some afdjustment... then i adjust :)

(A foto of the idea)

Looking forward for the av-8b :)b268982701732b7a41e73e6daf35a700.jpg

I would suggest a framework that you can cover in Velcro and move the mfds to suit each aircraft. After a while you could put markers on the frame so you just move the mfds depending on the aircraft you are jumping into.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

This is how I setup my MFD's. I use articulating arms that allow me to adjust them to any position I need so I can/will be able to set for different aircraft. Works well with what I have been able to test it with. A-10 mainly obviously as still waiting for Harrier and Hornet. But I can reach out and touch what I see in VR. Need the Hornet to release to finalize my center MFD mount that I am 3d printing. The one in pics is just proof of concept, though perfectly functional. Just need to get height correct once I have module in hand for final print run.

Mockup prior to printing MFD adapters.

amsZdfu.jpg

Using 3d printed MFD adapters.

ejO7VB3.jpg

MFD with mount adapter and arm collapsed.

WQk6lP5.jpg?1

Edited by Torso
  • Like 1

I would suggest a framework that you can cover in Velcro and move the mfds to suit each aircraft. After a while you could put markers on the frame so you just move the mfds depending on the aircraft you are jumping into.
Verry good idea :) gonna keep this in mind