AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Guys, let me be emphatic on this, it´s not me trying to get even more hype about it, it´s mainly because we are under an NDA (yeah i had to play the NDA card, sorry) and we are under heavy testing. This is an extremely complex aircraft to operate (not just fly it) and i´ve been flying it almost 5 hrs a day either under oculus rift or Track Ir 5, not to mention ED´s tests as well, and we are working hard to put it out there as bug free as possible for an early access. These last days my sole purpose has been to break the plane and deliver a broken plane to the code and/or 3d cockpit dev or the AFM dev (which has done a marvelous work!), it is a brutal process (and at the same time we keep revising whatever the community finds as a valid bug or miss dev), so be on the watch for ED´s news, and what we (or I) post here, FB or Youtube , once again, we are on schedule.
Keep doing what you gotta do! I appreciate all the effort to get everything right and will be happy to support when it's out. I get to deal with hey when's that story gonna be done, did you check that in, has it built, can we test it? How come I don't see it on the site..so yea I understand people want the final product and it can get annoying at times when due date discussions come up.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the way you got the 2000c out over Xmas (a huge thank you btw)

We know your working your hardest to give us the best and the community thank you for this Ron.

Happy Hovering ;)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Guys, let me be emphatic on this, it´s not me trying to get even more hype about it, it´s mainly because we are under an NDA (yeah i had to play the NDA card, sorry) and we are under heavy testing. This is an extremely complex aircraft to operate (not just fly it) and i´ve been flying it almost 5 hrs a day either under oculus rift or Track Ir 5, not to mention ED´s tests as well, and we are working hard to put it out there as bug free as possible for an early access. These last days my sole purpose has been to break the plane and deliver a broken plane to the code and/or 3d cockpit dev or the AFM dev (which has done a marvelous work!), it is a brutal process (and at the same time we keep revising whatever the community finds as a valid bug or miss dev), so be on the watch for ED´s news, and what we (or I) post here, FB or Youtube , once again, we are on schedule.

Well for one i appreciate, as do many others here, all of your hard work that yourself and Razbam do, the fact that you keep us updated with youtube/forum posts is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work and we will without a doubt get another FANTASTIC module to fill the sky's of DCS world with even more epic aircraft.

....once again, we are on schedule.

On schedule for a Q3 release, which means there are only 2 full weeks left. Not saying it's impossible, but when I look at how ED has done pre-release sales it makes me wonder if the playbook is now changing. Instead of waiting, painfully 1+ months for release the new trend will be a couple of weeks of tolerable waiting and no pre-release sale?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

On schedule for a Q3 release, which means there are only 2 full weeks left. Not saying it's impossible, but when I look at how ED has done pre-release sales it makes me wonder if the playbook is now changing. Instead of waiting, painfully 1+ months for release the new trend will be a couple of weeks of tolerable waiting and no pre-release sale?

It´s going to be early access not the full plane yet BUT with most of it´s features already in it.

And, please, i try to keep a direct,clean communication with the community, i consider RAZBAM a professional and linear company, we say things straight, no hidden clues or childish stuff like that, if you don´t hear it from us, then is a plain, unfounded rumor.

Thanks!

Edited by Prowler111
  • Like 2

It´s going to be early access not the full plane yet BUT with most of it´s features already in it.

And, please, i try to keep a direct,clean communication with the community, i consider RAZBAM a professional and linear company, we say things straight, no hidden clues or childish stuff like that, if you don´t hear it from us is a plain unfounded rumor.

Thanks!

I know it maybe is a bit of a headache to deal/manage with some of the community hype but one has to assume as a company it is always great to know there are customers biting at the bit to purchase your work. Countless other companies cannot say the same and would be envious to have such a hungry audience ready to hit the buy button once they make their offering available.

Wishing you guys good luck and good speed as you do what you do.

I know it maybe is a bit of a headache to deal/manage with some of the community hype but one has to assume as a company it is always great to know there are customers biting at the bit to purchase your work. Countless other companies cannot say the same and would be envious to have such a hungry audience ready to hit the buy button once they make their offering available.

Wishing you guys good luck and good speed as you do what you do.

Here Here! Salute...

And, please, i try to keep a direct,clean communication with the community, i consider RAZBAM a professional and linear company, we say things straight, no hidden clues or childish stuff like that, if you don´t hear it from us, then is a plain, unfounded rumor.

Thanks!

Gotcha Prowler. Standing by for the news and the purchase button when it's ready.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The Gazelle for one came out with no pre-order period at all. It might very well be the case here as well. Meaning the Harrier could be released to us at any moment.

Could this be called a literal two weeks tm?

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Prowler,

I'm sure I speak on behalf of the majority of the community when I say that your communication by not just yourself but the rest of the team and the engagement that we've experienced on the development of this module has been fantastic. Obviously things must be kept under wraps as it's the way the world goes round but I personally am looking forward to the day that it's released and the reaction you've had to the community feedback has been excellent and I'm sure it'll be a solid aircraft. Wicked job!!

What he said! :thumbup:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

There are absolutely no rules for that. In the good old times there were no preorders at all.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

BUT..doesn't it require updates to be released by ED in conjunction with a module release to 'add' it to DCS World? Does a module release file itself contain all required to be added and usable? Or as we see it is in testing that is the case and no prep required by ED?

ED have to test it, and that starts when they get it. It would at some point go to the ED tester team (who generally go quiet, or have more smileys in their conversations than usual ;) )

If Razbam are testing themselves, I'd hazard a guess that the end of September is their own date to get to ED, it's logically going into ED's release schedule at that point.

And if it's shorter? Great! It really doesn't matter. I've lost my appetite for EA these days, whilst I might buy it to take advantage of the reduced price (if they do that), remebering my Mirage experience, I think I might wait a few months for some of the more obvious developments to produce fruit, as EA does kindda mess with your experience.

I expect many people won't be able to tie a knot in their excitement in the same way :)

BUT..doesn't it require updates to be released by ED in conjunction with a module release to 'add' it to DCS World? Does a module release file itself contain all required to be added and usable? Or as we see it is in testing that is the case and no prep required by ED?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Isn't there a six weeks wait from EA ED announcement to purchase+Download usually? Which puts this at , what, 7-8 weeks to fly?

As it has been said before by me and others: not all aircrafg have had preorders.

Latest one has been the Gazelle which was released with no pre-order at all. It could very well be the case here as well.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

ED have to test it, and that starts when they get it. It would at some point go to the ED tester team (who generally go quiet, or have more smileys in their conversations than usual ;) )

If Razbam are testing themselves, I'd hazard a guess that the end of September is their own date to get to ED, it's logically going into ED's release schedule at that point.

IIRC, someone from the Razbam team mentioned some time ago (either here on the forums or somewhere on FB) that it was already being tested by ED.

But all these "when will it be released?"-speculations are pointless. Read the manuals instead, so you're prepared when it goes live :)

IIRC, someone from the Razbam team mentioned some time ago (either here on the forums or somewhere on FB) that it was already being tested by ED.

But all these "when will it be released?"-speculations are pointless. Read the manuals instead, so you're prepared when it goes live :)

Speaking of which... someone posted a manual for LHA carrier operations... it is somewhere here, but there are literally 200 pages for me to go through, so if someone has the link... I need to save these on my PC...