Latest Version of 1.5 will not launch

ZQuickSilverZ

I am using Windows 7.

It starts the process and also 3 processes titled a10a_protect.exe, only 1 of which I can close.

I have tried to update again and running the repair utility.

Any advice? I mean besides a fresh install.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try renaming the DCS.openbeta file in your saved games.

If that works, then copy across each of the folders within the renamed DCS.openbeta to the one created on starting the game. It will fail to start when the culprit is found.

These files are never touched when you do a repair, so if a repair doesn't work, start here.

Hello

Did the same to me (DCS process stuck at 98MB memory): try to reboot PC, it worked.

Running Win 10 here

And obviously try to repair DCS open beta :

'"D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Disable your antivirus before running DCS. Mine blocked the .exe files running before dcs itself launches and that was why i get stucked.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team

running avast?

can you attach your autoupdate_log.txt from the main install please.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes i was running avast but i´ve changed because this issue to Ad Aware. No more launching problems here.

PD: Bignewy, i have a heavily modded 1.5 Beta version for Squad testing purposes, and i don´t think my files could help you but here you are.

What i´ve experienced is when DCS launches the mod exe files, like F-86.exe (maybe DRM ) etc, Avast blocked them. In the open process in windows i can see three F-86.exe process opened but stucked.

Disabling Avast was the solution.

Now i´m running Adaware without any problem.

DCS World OpenBeta.rar

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team

thanks, looking at your autoupdate log seems something is blocking the udp ports

ERROR: torrent: UDP error:

check your firewall to make sure dcs is allowed, also worth checking the common dcs ports

DCS uses outgoing conenctions to

HTTP http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com:80

HTTPS http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com:443

XMPP master.eagle.ru:5222

For multiplayer game traffic DCS uses both TCP and UDP on port 10308

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Glad that you got it.

I used to use some of these anti virus programs , but they seemed to continue to get more and more bloated, and cause issues that would come and go sometimes causing one to pull their hair out.

I decided a few years ago I just did not need all that aggravation, so I do not run any of those programs any more. I just use the Windows Defender in Win 8.1, that is it. And I go into Defender and make exceptions for the games I run regularly.

Other than that, I just practice "safe hex", and have never had any troubles.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team

I stopped using off the shelf virus detection programs a while a go, gave me more headaches than they solved.

Still use malwarebytes now and again

Windows firewall and defender do a great job for me, and not to intrusive.

I surf the net using a virtual PC.

I prefer to use a Windows virtual PC but there is a free option, Ubuntu.

If the virtual PC gets infected who cares. I created it to be "disposable" anyway.

FREE VIRTUAL MACHINE

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_workstation_player/12_0

FREE OPERATING SYSTEM

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

You're welcome. :)

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]