[REPORTED]UH-1 Unresponsive 2.0.0 Alpha

jschliebe

After contacting the wonderful technical support on the DCS website I have been directed here to post my issue with the UH-1, I will attach my screens of the ticket as well as a copy and past.

"Message

I will be attaching the chat log of my error after this message, I have a current ticket that has been open since the 3rd of December without an acknowledgement or even an update so I am not sure if the problem is even being worked on.

The original problem:

"The UH1 add-on in game is not accepting any input to do with the rudder, pitch, roll, or collective. The only control that works is buttons and throttle. Using both a keyboard or even a joystick. I have tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail. For some reason it just ignores all input no matter the mapping when dealing with the collective, rudder or pitch and roll. "

Updates:

"This issue does not seem to be a control issue. I was playing an instant mission messing around trying to get it to work. I used the alt + J command to exit the vehicle and let the AI take it over in hopes to hop in and try and fly. After letting the AI fly off with the helicopter I then used Alt+J again to hop back into the helicopter. When I did this it is like the game paused but it did not. The helicopter stopped and suspended mid air like it was in a permanent cold start mode, the low RPM buzzer going off and all setting stock as if it was at cold start. Mind you I tried pausing and un pausing, not resolving the issue. So with the controls not responding still my helicopter 1000 feet off the deck and it in cold start mode I am at a loss as to what is happening."

I have deleted my entire game minus the Nevada content as its quite a lengthy download and reinstalled, and repaired multiple times it seems refreshing my content has no effect on this issue."

Untitled.thumb.png.be8ec05dbcc459a22a8bcc1fc7f57110.png

Edited by BIGNEWY

I don't know the answer, but let me try and clarify a few things.

What joystick(s) do you use?

a) Your joystick(s) work fine with the UH-1H module in 1.5 OpenBeta, correct?

b) In 2.0 OpenAlpha, can you assign your controller axes? I.e., does the controller configuration panel show JOY_Y when you set your joystick to the pitch axis for example? When you close the dialog, close DCS and launch it again, is the axis still assigned, according to Options -> Controls -> UH-1H Sim -> Axis Commands?

c) Do I understand correctly that each of your physical controller's axes can be assigned to the UH-1H throttle axis and will properly actuate this axis inside the cockpit? But when assigned to any other axis, their input is not registered/doesn't seem to do anything within the cockpit?

If so, that's really weird, I don't think I ever heard of this type of problem before. Though somewhere in the back of my head that sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't remember the context, or who posted it, or what the solution was (if any). :(

Yurgon,

Thank you for your response. As I forget certain details sometimes its good to have someone to ask the probing questions..

A. I use a setup between CH Combat Stick & Saiteck Pro flight pedals

It should be noted that with or without the controllers (meaning keyboard controls) it still will not respond on the rudder, collective, and so on.

B. I can assign everything to an axis, I've had no other issues with any of the numerous air frames that I own all work flawless minus my piloting skills. It shows the correct axis according to the control actuated on the controllers, no issues there. When actuated they show up like any other setup.

C. This is correct, if assigning any axis to the throttle to test the viability of the controller they all work. When assigned to the collective, rudder ect. they will not actuate at all.

It should be noted that after getting out of the UH-1 in single player letting the AI take it over and fly off with Alt+J then getting back in the UH-1 will freeze mid air and assume cold start position

It should also be known that in multiplayer mod the UH-1 will not allow me to fuel up, when selecting cheat start it asks to refuel when doing so through the ground crew menu it does not actually add any fuel to the UH-1. As well as the fuel issue in multiplayer the control issue persists.

Ill be happy to answer any further questions.

Attached in the UH-1 Single player track of myself trying to actuate any control surface and then hopping out of the air frame and back in.

UH1.trk

A. I use a setup between CH Combat Stick & Saiteck Pro flight pedals

It should be noted that with or without the controllers (meaning keyboard controls) it still will not respond on the rudder, collective, and so on.

Damn, I'm almost certain I read about a user who suffered from the same type of problem, but I don't remember the solution. Also not sure whether it was UH-1H or another module.

It should also be known that in multiplayer mod the UH-1 will not allow me to fuel up, when selecting cheat start it asks to refuel when doing so through the ground crew menu it does not actually add any fuel to the UH-1. As well as the fuel issue in multiplayer the control issue persists.

Does the Autostart cheat include refueling? That's new to me.

Anyway, not being able to refuel could also have any number of reasons, like wrong airfield coalition, missing required units at a FARP, insufficient resources assigned by mission designers through the warehouse, enemy units in the vicinity (I think), and inability to communicate with ground crew (doors/canopy closed and no comms).

Attached in the UH-1 Single player track of myself trying to actuate any control surface and then hopping out of the air frame and back in.

I did notice some rudder movement, a bit left and right and then it stayed a bit right from center. Both collective and throttle were also actuated a bit in my replays (watched it 3 times to be sure). After that, the collective goes full down and full up a few times, before you exit the chopper. After re-entering, it just flies in ground effect without further control input.

One interesting thing though is that, according to the controls indicator, I think I saw a constant jittering of both the cyclic's X and Y axis, as if the stick's pot (potentiometer) jitter somehow made it through (the CH stick does use pots, doesn't it?). But I don't know if this is actually the typical kind of pot jitter, it just looked a little like it might be.

Basically, I'm at a loss for an explanation.

Oh, just one thing: do you have any mods installed? If so, try to deactivate all of them.

I think I would also try the following:

In the options, check "Force Feedback", confirm, open dialog again, uncheck it, confirm again. I think I once read that sometimes the options shown in the dialog don't reflect the actual setting.

Rename or move away the folder C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input , then run a DCS repair, and try again. It's a shot in the dark, but basically I don't have advice beyond that, so I really hope someone with fresh ideas or - ideally - a solution will find this thread. :thumbup:

I will attach a new track, just me trying to move any control surface, on my screen the only thing that will move is the throttle. Interested to see if you can see any other movements. Ive deleted the input ect. several times and did a repair. Did not work, ive also tried taking another users MOD config files and meshing them with my UH-1 Mod folder which did not fix the issue. I have since reset it back to stock. There are no current active modification to my game. Force feedback is also off.

Definitely something amiss, to have 2 users with similar problems. I did see a post about disabling force feedback but took little notice at the time.

Hope you all get sorted:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also tried repairing and reinstalling the module.

Are you also using any of the following components, jschliebe? I don't think it's in any way related to a specific piece of hard- or software right now, but you never know...

My specs:

AMD A10-5800K CPU

16GB RAM

Asus A55BM+ mainboard

Nvidia GeForce GTX760

Windows 10

Saitek X55 Rhino HOTAS

I also tried repairing and reinstalling the module.

Are you also using any of the following components, jschliebe? I don't think it's in any way related to a specific piece of hard- or software right now, but you never know...

My specs:

AMD A10-5800K CPU

16GB RAM

Asus A55BM+ mainboard

Nvidia GeForce GTX760

Windows 10

Saitek X55 Rhino HOTAS

My specs as well:

Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5Ghz

16GB Ram

ASUS ROG G751

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M

Windows 10 64 Bit

CH Combat Stic

Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals

Everything works great on my A10-C Just Huey is FUBAR

I'm just confused as to why the "Technical Support" told me to go to the forums.. This seems like an issue that should be dealt with by the actually people who i don't know maybe work on the game.. That part I must say is frustrating.

I can understand your frustration.

On the other hand, we all purchase the software as-is, with all the bugs currently present. Unless you sign a support-contract with ED, which I guess would be much more expensive than any of the modules, there is not such technical support to the best of my knowledge. Best they can do is give refunds (though I think in case of ED there are no refunds either) if you say the software doesn't work for you.

Also, be aware that the issue you raise is in an Alpha version of the software. The very reason you installed it was to help ED find this type of bug.

The roadmap currently says the software will be moved to Beta status when the biggest bugs are squashed, and later moved to release once it's sufficiently stable. That, then, would be the earliest you could rightfully expect the vendor to look into this.

Also, the community is usually very helpful when trying to fix these bugs. Many people around here know the solution to bugs they never even encountered, and it's absolutely possible that someone can tell you exactly how to fix your problem, and simply hasn't found this thread yet. Also, ED testers regularly scan the forums and write bugs reports to the developers from the problems we find and report (well... that's the plan. No clue why this was moved from the 2.0 Bugs & Problems forum over the the BST UH-1H forum).

Generally speaking, when I have a problem with DCS, I'm much more confident I'll be able to solve it in no time than I am when, for example, my Internet acts weird and I need support from my ISP (to which I pay a substantial monthly fee for highspeed Internet).

I can understand your frustration.

On the other hand, we all purchase the software as-is, with all the bugs currently present. Unless you sign a support-contract with ED, which I guess would be much more expensive than any of the modules, there is not such technical support to the best of my knowledge. Best they can do is give refunds (though I think in case of ED there are no refunds either) if you say the software doesn't work for you.

Also, be aware that the issue you raise is in an Alpha version of the software. The very reason you installed it was to help ED find this type of bug.

The roadmap currently says the software will be moved to Beta status when the biggest bugs are squashed, and later moved to release once it's sufficiently stable. That, then, would be the earliest you could rightfully expect the vendor to look into this.

Also, the community is usually very helpful when trying to fix these bugs. Many people around here know the solution to bugs they never even encountered, and it's absolutely possible that someone can tell you exactly how to fix your problem, and simply hasn't found this thread yet. Also, ED testers regularly scan the forums and write bugs reports to the developers from the problems we find and report (well... that's the plan. No clue why this was moved from the 2.0 Bugs & Problems forum over the the BST UH-1H forum).

Generally speaking, when I have a problem with DCS, I'm much more confident I'll be able to solve it in no time than I am when, for example, my Internet acts weird and I need support from my ISP (to which I pay a substantial monthly fee for highspeed Internet).

Fair enough. Well said.

• ED Team
I'm just confused as to why the "Technical Support" told me to go to the forums.. This seems like an issue that should be dealt with by the actually people who i don't know maybe work on the game.. That part I must say is frustrating.

Technical support have to deal with the release version of DCS and activation issues and so on, all open beta / open alpha issues should be placed here on the forum so the developers and testers can take a look at the issue. As you can imagine we are very busy at the moment.

With that being said lets take a look at your issue.

Have you double checked other controllers in the axis columns have been deleted ( ie no conflicts )

when you are flying are you using Rctl Enter to bring up the controls indicator to see if any of the axis have a spike or an uncontrolled movement.

Have you checked calibration in windows for your devices

I am unable currently to replicate this issue myself, and I fly the UH-1H regularly

I will take a look at your track now.

thanks

Edit, had a look at your track, and sure it shows some very strange inputs, but I am unable to reproduce. I have attached a track showing my UH-1h, I switch Ralt J from the aircraft and back with no issue

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Technical support have to deal with the release version of DCS and activation issues and so on, all open beta / open alpha issues should be placed here on the forum so the developers and testers can take a look at the issue. As you can imagine we are very busy at the moment.

With that being said lets take a look at your issue.

Have you double checked other controllers in the axis columns have been deleted ( ie no conflicts )

when you are flying are you using Rctl Enter to bring up the controls indicator to see if any of the axis have a spike or an uncontrolled movement.

Have you checked calibration in windows for your devices

I am unable currently to replicate this issue myself, and I fly the UH-1H regularly

I will take a look at your track now.

thanks

I have made sure that there are no double conflicts, even in other such air craft when I had double controller setup I never had an issue such as this. I bring up the control indicator every time I fly to be sure my control axis are working. There is absolutely no movement outside of the throttle when trying to use any such control pertaining to the collective, rudder, pitch, or roll. Even when not plugged in the issue persists, which makes me believe this is beyond a controller issue.

Let me know if you need anymore information thanks.

Edit:

Ive never had an issue such as this before, in 1.5 beta it worked amazingly no control issues or anything.

• ED Team

could you replicate the problem again, and then attach your whole logs folder zipped here, we can see if there are any clues in there.

thanks

also I added a little note to my post above and my track

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have created a new track showing the AI taking the helo to approx 100 feet? Then myself trying to take it over. It freezes mid air. Also for some reason a file keeps creating itself in my save game folder, attached as well. Called failed.ofsh please advise over.

Edit, it wont allow me to upload that file.

Edit Edit:

File Zipped

UH1.trk

Logs.zip

failed.zip

Edited by jschliebe

• ED Team

That track did not play back correctly ( which can happen sometimes )

Can I ask are you hitting autostart stop at any point?

Edited by BIGNEWY

That track did not play back correctly ( which can happen sometimes )

Can I ask are you hitting autostart stop at any point?

Not in that track, but when I do it asks me to put the collective down in SP, which I cannont do due to unresponsive controls. In multiplayer it asks to refuel which also will not work in MP.

Also I updated my last post with that file.

• ED Team

can I ask which mission this is?

is it the instant action mission or one you have created?

it is 02:20 here in the uk, so I will get some shut eye and take another look in the morning.

Edited by BIGNEWY