I would like to join a Squad.

As an actual member of the 169th Panthers I would like to let you all know that we are indeed a family and there exists much harmony between us. I have met in this squad some of the finest individuals and pilots it has ever been my pleasure to know and to fly with. From our CO down to the newest cadet all members are always treated with respect. We are a brotherhood, and we are a squadron in every way.

The level of commitment and dedication required for membership in the 169th should not be interpreted as unfair or harsh. It simply is not the case. We take what we do seriously. This is not to say that we don't have fun because there is no doubt that we do. It is just that we are compelled to fully commit to a higher standard. This ambition towards excellence makes membership in the 169th all the more attractive and rewarding for me.

This is my view from the inside.

S!

Some of you reading this might think that I'm a Control freak or even a "A..

Fine by me. Others however. Maybe just a few. Might find a squadron where you are responsible for your actons appealing.

That's a understatement,But I do think your a nice guy ice. And like RuGG said it's your squad and if your guys will allow it. It's like China and the US...

Posted by ruggbutt

It just seems that there's a bit too much controlling going on. But it's your squadron, if your guys will allow you to do that then it's all good.

Its not like that at all rugg. Trust me. Its all about respecting other peoples wishes and views and giving them support and loyalty for something that a guy provides out of his own pocket for us all to enjoy. There is NO control freak going on what - so - ever. Trust me I`ve seen it many times in my line of work. Its just how some people take constructive criticism. Unfortunately some people are not mature enough and do not take too kindly to it. Which is a shame really.

Just one example that happened to me, I was pulled up for swearing too much on Teamspeak. I do not think that it was too much to ask and I deserved it. There was no malice from Ice he was polite and I was out of order. So I don`t think that is being a control freak, I think that is keeping a squad member in order to maintain the professionalism that the 169th carries.

I`ve got to admit I fully support Polecat 110% for what he said. So that you do not think I am biased in anyway shape or form I would kindly ask you to ask other 169th members what they think of the squad and I bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that it will be very positive.

Like I said it`s the minority that fall foul and justly deserved too. I can not see what the problem is if someone expects a high standard from his squad members. If you`re not up to it then its good night Vienna. But only after repeated warnings I might add. Just my ten peneth worth mate.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

serious flight simmer looking for a full real

I'm a rookie to LOMAC but and a serious flight simmer. I'd like to join a full real(or whatever you guys call it) LOMAC Squad that flies Russian aircraft. I'm not sure where to look though.
Aply as cadet to 169th, but only if you realy stick to bolded words from the quote. As i've heard, you are not allowed to make mistakes there, which is a full real if you ask me and i guess that is what you are looking for.

Some of demands that 169th lay in front of their pilots sound unbelievable to me, but if they realy were unbelievable, 169th members would not exist.

I could never survive in a squadron like that, but you on the other hand might have a brilliant future there and sound to me like real 169th material.

Here`s my take on 169th:

They are roughly my age group (old farts:) ) Most of them with a crapload

of sim experience (some with RL flying background)

Team oriented and disciplined (for an online squad:thumbup: ) and competitive as hell.

...and how can I complain about Ice - after almost a year of my non-participation in any squad activities I was still allowed to jump right in

(and take part in an inter-squad match:D :joystick: )

Every squardron, real or virtual has it`s own official and "unofficial" rules

that members are expected to go by. And the rules usually come down

from the boss. Even if you don`t like some of them - it`s a good trade-off

for being able to fly as a team.

...and how can I complain about Ice - after almost a year of my non-participation in any squad activities I was still allowed to jump right in

(and take part in an inter-squad match:D :joystick: )

Don't even get me started on this.....you only see the surface young padawan.

Posted By Cali

Don't even get me started on this.....you only see the surface young padawan.

There is a line from Shakespeare which says "Me thinks thou dost protest too much".

In other words, when someone feels heavily convicted by the truth in a statement, they tend to overreact, and this overreaction (or "protesting" too much) actually gives away their guilt.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

... Or frustration, and feeling of an injustice haveing been perpetrated against them. Nice try.

Are we done with the whole squad squabble thing and get back on topic, or, more importantly, let the thread die since the OP already applied with the 504?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

169th Bat and GG, injustice is the word, but hey that's life and things are good. Some people try to make themselves look good in front of others. But the truth always reveals itself, and soon more will know. I'm done on this matter.

As I see it either you want to join a squad and subject yourself to the commitement or you stay out without complaints. I chosen the later option.

"Looking good in front of tohers" is a bit taking it too seriously. I fly for the fun first and for the challenge second. I have been portrayed as a villain numerous times and sometimes as hard oposition but theres no reason to bang you chest nor loose face over the internet. "Cybernetic-Ego-demolisher" would be a somewhat strange new definition for me in this new thechnological world. And for me, it aint for real unless you actualy know the people personaly.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Another option is to try our squad, Strike wing flying Su25t or fighter wing flying Su33. Lots of fun and very friendly.

Mainly Uk based but a couple from over the pond.

Flying on Thursdays and Sundays.

Post on our forum to kick things off.

Regards,

Andy

ah,

Don't worry mate. You'll get used to this forum soon enough, stick around and good luck in your squad hunt :D

I'd recomend you check the 77th's server in "Nugget mode" tons of good guys there that will help you get up to speed.

PS: Get TeamSpeak, it makes things much easier :)

sig-YF19a.jpg

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the online combat squadrons that are out there. I have flown in many of hyperlobby servers for lockon since its creation and would have to say the 169th are the premier fighter squadron. Everytime I fly with them as an outsider online they treated me with the utmost respect and their combat sim knowledge and server is the model for all other squadrons out there. I know there are more than one squadron to choose from and alot of good ones at that but if you are looking for the ultimate in online fighter squadron play.....checkout the 169th!

WWW.169THPANTHERS.COM.AU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]