Flaming Cliffs 4

lazduc

Would be ok for me as these planes are belonging to the Korea/Vietnam area with the possibility to get an AFM in the future. But new toys like the F-22 or F-35 as one klick one kill machines with a very forgiving SFM would be a nogo for me, at least in multiplayer matches.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flaming Cliffs 4

ED and 3rd party developers do a great job, obviously. However, if people are so worried about the rate in which aircraft are released, perhaps we should be doing the legwork and helping out. Our community could petition other talented developers that currently create airframes for other platforms that are inferior to DCS.

In my humble opinion, we have a smaller fan base community than other gaming communities. However, I feel like we have a lot more professionals that engage in this community and to be blunt, we're more than likely a lot more intelligent than most other gaming communities. I'm very confident in stating that we could easily lobby other 3rd parties to get involved. If 30 people email one company, they can tell us "no" but it could potentially pursued them to jump on board.

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

Edited by Lt_Maverick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

Having more FC3 level planes is a great idea...for those like me that fly multiple aircraft...having to remember all those controls is a pain,I don't have the problem switching from FC3 aircraft to FC3 aircraft as all my controls are practically the same.

example...f-15 su25,33,27,mig29,a10...no problem.Try to fly an a10c after not flying a month or 2, then the mig21,mi8,blackshark,huey...forget it. IMO all HIGH fidelity DCS modules should have FC3 counterparts to allow for the issue of having to remember all the different controls.Shouldn't be a problem to "tone" them down to FC3 levels.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Having more FC3 level planes is a great idea...for those like me that fly multiple aircraft...having to remember all those controls is a pain,I don't have the problem switching from FC3 aircraft to FC3 aircraft as all my controls are practically the same.

example...f-15 su25,33,27,mig29,a10...no problem.Try to fly an a10c after not flying a month or 2, then the mig21,mi8,blackshark,huey...forget it. IMO all HIGH fidelity DCS modules should have FC3 counterparts to allow for the issue of having to remember all the different controls.Shouldn't be a problem to "tone" them down to FC3 levels.

Would be nice if you could be more specific. FC3 at it's release or FC3 in it's current form?

It will make a big difference if you take a SFM Su-27 to the party or the current PFM (for that reason I refused to touch the MiG-29 the last years).

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would be nice if you could be more specific. FC3 at it's release or FC3 in it's current form?

It will make a big difference if you take a SFM Su-27 to the party or the current PFM (for that reason I refused to touch the MiG-29 the last years).

I don't know about everybody else, but when I say FC3 jet I mean FC3 like the F-15C, Su-25T, and Su-27. A SFM is simply unacceptable on a newly released plane in my opinion, but I would be perfectly fine with a jet on the level of the current FC3 jets.

A SFM is simply unacceptable on a newly released plane in my opinion, but I would be perfectly fine with a jet on the level of the current FC3 jets.

This! :thumbup:

I actually feel like "fremdschaemen" for those devs that only offered an SFM initially; for me, it's an instant reason to ground that A/C.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

My meaning is specific too controls not flight models.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

New FC-type aircraft, if produced, should be the same quality both graphically and aerodynamically as FC3 in its current form.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

. A SFM is simply unacceptable on a newly released plane in my opinion

Why is that? SFMs really aren't THAT bad...they're just bad at edge of envelope stuff. I suppose they also don't get the aircraft's 'feel' right, sometimes they're a bit twitchy...but its acceptable, IMHO.

Note that I'm more of a guy for capability or representative capability (I.E. it doesn't work exactly like this, but hey, its close) than perfect flight/systems modeling...

Lord of Salt

An FC4 would be welcome, but squaring away 3 should be top priority.

What would there be to add in FC4, though? I'd go the route of A-10A/A-10C; the more advanced variant being the full module.

I'd effectively replace the MiG-29G with a EuroViper; an F-16AM Blk. 15 MLU. Other than that?

Can't use the F/A-18C as it's getting a full DCS module. Would have to be an A.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Nobody likes my petition idea?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nobody likes my petition idea?

I don't know how ED would feel about that. But if you have any studios in mind lets hear them.

Also unrelated, but you know you can add a signature to your posts without having to manually add it every time, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

I don't know how ED would feel about that. But if you have any studios in mind lets hear them.

Also unrelated, but you know you can add a signature to your posts without having to manually add it every time, right?

I don't add it every time. It probably shows up different because it's through tap-a-talk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My favourite aircraft, except the MiG-21 and L-39, are FC3 planes, so I would definitely love the idea.

But you have to take into account how long each part of the development process lasts. Even for a simplified aircraft with a non clickable cockpit, the user base wants a nice flight model, since flight dynamics are something that puts dcs apart from FSX, etc. And it is this flight model that seems to be taking a longer time. I remember reading somewhere that the flight model for the Bf-109 took about $100,000 to develop (correct me if I'm wrong).

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia

IMO I'd rather ED fix all the current stuff - rather than implement simplified aircraft, that's what Strike Fighters 2 is for (aside from its oversimplified flight dynamics)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Why is that? SFMs really aren't THAT bad...

They are bad when you're used to PFMs. Ground-handling and flight are like day and night in comparison. SFM = Styrofoam block physics.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

SFM = Styrofoam block physics.

Very much agreed

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I think aside from their general ease of use, the best thing FC3 style planes bring is their accessability to those of us without a quality HOTAS. Its for that reason I fly the A-10A over the C (Though I'm getting a warthog for christmas! :joystick: ). For this reason I am for more FC3 level planes, as long as they have better than a SFM!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Im ok for FC4 with typhoon , rafale , super hornet , f-15e , some sukhoi's and migs.

At the condition to have a FM more advanced than simple SFM ,not PFM but an ADVANCED SFM.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals