F-15E?

JazonXD

That ever stop people on F-15? We had a guy pinch his finger between the canopy switch and the canopy spider hardness. The canopy kept coming down, pinching him there and then jam. I think it happened on the 310th, around 1997...seems so long ago now. Think he was an electrician working on canopy pressure, go figure. Anyway, we had a pro-super got the tip of his finger cut putting on a main landing gear strut IIRC, he would show to everyone and say: "Don't be like me"

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

What is the box on the stick for? I don't feel like digging my CDC and reading about it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

What is the box on the stick for? I don't feel like digging my CDC and reading about it.

Stick force sensor. Not much different than the -16 really. You push a direction and it figures out how fast you want to get there by the amount of pressure put in. They say you can hold the mechanical portion completely still and still fly as long you had CAS on. Truth? Dunno. Would have to ask a flight control dude/dudette.

That ever stop people on F-15? We had a guy pinch his finger between the canopy switch and the canopy spider hardness. The canopy kept coming down, pinching him there and then jam. I think it happened on the 310th, around 1997...seems so long ago now. Think he was an electrician working on canopy pressure, go figure. Anyway, we had a pro-super got the tip of his finger cut putting on a main landing gear strut IIRC, he would show to everyone and say: "Don't be like me"

sounds like a nightmare

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I made it sound worst than it was. They where both fine AFAIK, just hurt fingers.

Did they say if it is going to be PW-220 or 229 engines?

To whom it may concern,

Stick force sensor. Not much different than the -16 really. You push a direction and it figures out how fast you want to get there by the amount of pressure put in. They say you can hold the mechanical portion completely still and still fly as long you had CAS on. Truth? Dunno. Would have to ask a flight control dude/dudette.

This is correct. Obviously less response than the full hydro-mechanical + stick force sensor, but it works for small inputs. WSO doesn't have the stick force sensor though, just pilot. Basically it's there to fine tune the controls, if I remember my systems knowledge correctly.

This is correct. Obviously less response than the full hydro-mechanical + stick force sensor, but it works for small inputs. WSO doesn't have the stick force sensor though, just pilot. Basically it's there to fine tune the controls, if I remember my systems knowledge correctly.

The GIB has one too...

Didn't think they did... shows how often I look at the back seat area. I feel like there is some flight control system they don't have though, but I could be wrong.

CAS switches, flap switch, gear handle, that’s about it. Trim, brake, etc are all still there. The guys qual’d to fly from the back can operate most of it. Different stick grip obviously since the hand controllers are back there.

Edited by Rainmaker
Take that back, no flap switch in the back seat

so which "era" of F15E would Razbam would be representing?

early 90s Circa gulf war F15E? or a 2000s version ?

From what i have seen in videos as late as 2017 F15E pilots are still flying without JHMCS aparantly, and avionics dont seem to really have been modernized apart from supposedly the APG70 having been reffited with an AESA radar in 2014, so it still looks like a early 90s plane in present.

EDit:

With that in mind the most modern F15E manual i can from various FM distributors is dated from 1993.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Just being slightly picky, but the screws on the face plate were changed to posts in circa ‘02. There’s a green plate the secured over the UFC to filter the digital readouts. The NVG filters secured on the posts until the new UFCs were installed

https://goo.gl/images/XY8pyL

I can add the posts, you wouldn't happen to have info on that filter used for NVG?

There is 4 posts 2 up top and 2 under the UHF knobs. Just to be clear they are ball ends with hex shaft and flared out base?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

I can add the posts, you wouldn't happen to have info on that filter used for NVG?

There is 4 posts 2 up top and 2 under the UHF knobs. Just to be clear they are ball ends with hex shaft and flared out base?

I'll see if I can find anything on the filters...

Correct on the number and placement. They are rounded ended studs, about half of the length is hex shaped shaft. Base wasn't flared no, diameter at base was no bigger than the hex shaft.

Don't know what year you are attempting to model, but just as additional info, the NVG filter kits covered UFC readouts, advisory lights, master caution, and the caution lights panel. Aside from the UFC posts, the filters were all placed on with velcro (pretty shotty way of doing it). Around 2010(ish), they pushed out new lens covers and all the lighting was filtered to green to make it NVG friendly. The updated UFCs came a little later.

Our is 15 April 1993 and is 15 August 1989

I figured since we are going to have NVG usage in DCS best to make the studs and filter when in NVG.

Also I noticed the Center MPCD, some have BIT and some don't which would be better?

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Our -1 is 15 April 1993 and -34 is 15 August 1989

I figured since we are going to have NVG usage in DCS best to make the studs and filter when in NVG.

Also I noticed the Center MPCD, some have BIT and some don't which would be better?

Newer did away with the bit balls. Same for the newer MPDs, I believe, which are now color as well.

Off topic, but hopefully you guys can find some updated material or maybe Boeing could assist in updating some of the systems. At least maybe get a few added features like FDL so there's the ability to compete with the updated fighters that are coming out in DCS. That system is pretty significant in terms of available SA.

1221336408_UFCfilter.PNG.b1a7cc3d6feeab4bdb5497e6b239a3a3.PNG

Best I can find.

Now that I have thought about it a little bit, a few others also have filters. The lock/shoot lights were also filtered (velcro) and the MPCDs had a green filter that fit inside the bezel.

Not sure on the best compromise on that, you would either make the filters go in place when the gogs were on or just go ahead and mod all the warning/caution/advisory lighting to be NVG friendly like the current aircraft do. The latter is obviously a lot less work and probably easier on FPS without the additional objects placed in the cockpit?