F-15E?

JazonXD

The USAF will give ED zero help with the E-model. It is the most advanced airframe in service. Even if they model it, it wont be correct. The F-15C FC model we have now doesnt model the performance of a C correctly, so I doubt they will clear the true to life high fidelity hurdle. If we had it, it would be OP anyway lol. I would love a sim though. Janes F15E was a lot of fun back in the day.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Dassault didn't help RAZBAM for the Mirage, didn't prevent them from making it a very accurate module.

I'm confident F-15E will append when ground radar and multicrew will be fully working, just give it a couple of years :)

• Like 1

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

The USAF will give ED zero help with the E-model. It is the most advanced airframe in service. Even if they model it, it wont be correct. The F-15C FC model we have now doesnt model the performance of a C correctly, so I doubt they will clear the true to life high fidelity hurdle. If we had it, it would be OP anyway lol. I would love a sim though. Janes F15E was a lot of fun back in the day.

I have to disagree, both the -1 flight manual and -34 weapons manual can be found easily for early 90s F-15E, this is the bulk of what they need to model it

Edit: would be nice if Razbam could confirm if they still plan to do it, it has been quiet for a while...

I agree there is information out there. Still even the F-15C in DCS does not reflect the performance envelope of the C model with 220 engines. Particularly when it comes to acceleration. I've worked E models for several years in my career. There will be some things left out. Modeling 229s when 220s aren't at the mark is for me a stretch not to mention the avionics and weapons system. I can't speak about the Mirage because I don't have intimate knowledge of that aircraft.

I'm not saying it can't be done to an acceptable level (it is after all a video game/sim), and if ED did do it they would have to tread lightly in some areas and outright guess in others. It would be the same difficulty if they tried to model a Super Hornet, which has similar capabilities. The avionics in the E model is more advanced than what's in the F-22. That's just the way it is.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think that the availability of the materials is the main problem. With such a modern airframe as F-15E with many classified systems the fist issue is being allowed to make one.

Some another examples: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3275729&postcount=1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

But you guys are forgetting that Razbam had already started development on the F-15E many years ago, along with metal2mesh... Also, Razbam had spilled the beans earlier this year on a CH-53E in the works too with a picture of bugs bunny covering it on their facebook page.

I don't see how the ch-53 is relavant here? What does thst indicate when talking about a Mud Hen pic from a long time ago? RAZBAM confirmed the existence and eventual releases of SLUF and CH-53, and not until after their next Mirage. Being new-ish I will ask this question - was the Hen backed up with a confirmstion?

But you guys are forgetting that Razbam had already started development on the F-15E many years ago, along with metal2mesh...

But this really doesn't prove anything, especially as you said it had been many years ago. We don't even know if the McDonnell Douglas was contacted to give their ok.

What I was referring to is that I can't imagine that the main criteria if or not to start the project is if it's possible to google the documentation for the real plane. Maybe just in the recognition phase in order to understand potential complexity but later on you have to contact the manufacturer in order to get an ok. Once you get it the materials are no longer a problem since you get them from the first hand.

In opposite case, lets assume it's a plane like F-5 for which you can easily get a complete pilot manual. Do you believe it's enough to make it? I'm quite sure that if Northrop Grumman would not agree you could forget about doing one. Even if you make one and name it "EF-Five".

Just because I think it's a good analogy - I like to watch the National Geographic Air Crash Investigation Series, where a number of episodes show cases of plane crashes due to a "confirmation bias". Quite often there seems to be generally the same pattern across the "wish" or "are they making it" threads on the forum where there is no clear confirmation that the module is started or even just planned while all hard facts are more or less ignored or even strongly fought with. I guess people just want to believe and don’t like those that are trying to be realistic. The only one way to solve the question is a 3'rd party representative making an official statement that they are planning/making a module and actually had secured their way moving forward.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

By observing the current situation, planning of a F-15E would more sound like bad news to me.

Come on, the waiting list is huge already and their first DCS module is not finished enough yet. Better ask this question in half of a decade.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

When it comes to creating a DCS module, 3D modeling is just a scratch to the surface.

Exactly, and even it it wouldn't be, a 5 year old clip is hardly a good reference. Anyway, the official list of RAZBAM modules had been clearly communicated. Everything else at the moment, is just a pure speculation.

found this old statement by Razbam, which at the time F-15E was part of license agreement with ED and approved... No idea where it stands today, and Razbam are tight lipped about it now because they don't wish to violate their NDA.

But I do think the F-15E will be coming to DCS and it will be a showstopper and it will be made by Razbam. The only question is not if it is coming but rather when.

Posted September 21, 2012

Ron's Statement

Hi there guys:

Sorry it took me this long to put this statement, this is the official RAZBAM statement regarding the F-15E Strike Eagle for DCS, other information "statements" or post other than this one, or any other not made by me, should be consider a rumor and as such with no credibility at all.

RAZBAM is a 3d development business, and as such, we take business related decisions on how we take the next step in any kind of development, and since our business is to provide a service (in this case 3rd party content to a number of different simulation titles.) We make these decisions in order to offer the best service possible and to make our customers happy, that´s why we don´t jump and post pics of stuff we don´t plan to complete or even worse, don´t have the manpower or resources to get it done. As an example, we decided to do not have our own DCS forums/subforums until we had something tangible to show, and someone working on them to make it happen.

Our license agreement within RAZBAM and Eagle Dynamics was not also a good fortune shot, we had to demonstrate our capabilities, our resources and what´s behind curtains in our development program. We are humbled by Eagle Dynamics decision to allow us to get such license but at the same time we were sure we´ll pass with full colors any question and tests they´ll put us, because that´s how confident we are, that´s how confident I am of the team behind RAZBAM, I consider myself humbled to be surrounded by a group of positive, talented and eager people. While we are not a big corporation (not even close) we are also not a mom and pop outfit, or a mom´s basement based company (but we started as one man band, 9 years ago) and it´s currently formed by studied, prepared, professional artists, each very proficient on its development expertise. Right now, there are 2 teams working simultaneously on 2 other DCS titles which will be revealed when there is something to show, WITHOUT compromising our FSX/Prepar3D developments. We also have 2 Aeronautical Engineers, each working on separate DCS titles (not FSX, we got another team for that).Our main coder has 23 years of experience coding business software, managing large networks and leading IT projects. He started coding for RAZBAM 2 years ago .We got 2 texture artists , one who does textures on finished projects and one who maps, texture and add effects to those textures in sake of realism (see Av-8B cockpit textures) who also happens to be a 3d Studio Max expert, which sums up to current 3d developers in the team to the number of 4 (me included).Each one got it´s own responsibilities within their own projects, which eventually pass thru my hands/eyes and then to the next phase. It´s an awesome team, which I cherish, respect and also have the great honor to call them friends (well..the coder guy…he is my brother..:-D..)

Our involvement in DCS world, as a 3rd party content developer was not a decision I took lightly. Sure, the market options, the community size and what´s more, the focus in it (military aviation) were major decision points , but I needed to consult MY team if we were able to pull it off. I even had to made a family compromise, since DCS will take most of my small free time, which I spent with them, even more scarce.. that´s how far I went into commitment to DCS.

As such, I also took another business decision, which is to do not make any move without consulting the Eagle Dynamics upstairs gentlemen. Every single step, announcement , add on, release, is thoroughly consulted with ED first. While we have freedom of movement, we play by the rules and that´s how we are going to move. In fact, after consulting with Eagle Dynamics, I decided that it´s ED who do the ultimate testing and approval of anything that comes under RAZBAM. Having said that, it´s obvious we are not going after FC3 quality, mid quality, or low quality add ons. We are going to release A-10 DCS level of complexity products, from day 1.Not half made, half baked, nothing like that, but straight A-10 DCS level. That´s what we were contracted for, that ´s what Eagle Dynamics expects from us, and that´s what I am pretty sure, you, the potential customer, is expecting from us.

This takes us to our current line of scheduled projects for DCS world, also known as the “list” , which I am pretty aware some were laughing about and mocking us. Every single aircraft named in that list got a 3d mesh to back it up and it´s approved by Eagle Dynamics on our license agreement, or contract as a 3rd party content developer. Which takes us to the current rumor mill on events regarding the F-15 E Strike Eagle. While as a serious company, I can not debate our business decisions out in the open in forums, it was consulted with Eagle Dynamics and approved by Eagle Dynamics, and as such, it´s in “the list” as well. It was not a “I got hold of this gorgeous cockpit mesh, let´s get it into DCS and make some $$” kind of move. It was a business move based on available resources, time to make it happen, and most if not all, a market for it. It ´s a decision based in the fact that it will put us faster into DCS than starting our own from scratch, allowing us to show you what we are capable of, and let you decide if it´s worth to get more products under the RAZBAM badge or simply ignore us and move to the next one. And yes, it´s going to be DCS level, with all the bell and whistles and it´s currently, as I type this, being worked on by a team devoted SOLELY to this aircraft.

I hope this clears some of the rumors around, there is so much that can´t be discussed in public since we are under a very strict NDA which I have to respect at all costs.

Thank you for all the comments, expectation and positivism , it fuels us to keep ahead with all our projects, and also thank you for the warm welcome into DCS world.

Best regards

Ron C. Zambrano M

RAZBAM

While that is a point, a post from 2012 was a ways back. Sometimes in business a company has to shift gears for any multitude of reasons. Do we have a reason to believe that the E-model is still on track? I wouldn't hold them to what was announced 5 years ago without any updates since then. Especially due to the complexity of of making a DCS module. There are a lot of hurdles to simming an E-model. If RAZBAM tried, but had to reorganize their crew to something else I wouldn't fault them for that.

IMO ED or 3rd party should focus on its infrastructure gameplay with so many modules at this stage. By the next quarter we will have enough aircraft to sim a modern battlefield in MP with no tools to manage a persistent mp campaign effectively. But that's a post for another thread.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...IMO ED or 3rd party should focus on its infrastructure gameplay with so many modules at this stage. By the next quarter we will have enough aircraft to sim a modern battlefield in MP with no tools to manage a persistent mp campaign effectively. But that's a post for another thread.

Fully agree. It's not only the plane that matters, it's the whole environment that creates a full simulation experience. We have a great race cars. Now the focus should be shifted more towards creating a proper race track with suitable infrastructure ;)

Regarding F-15E, it's not a question if it's going to come to DCS. For sure it'll. The only one question is when and who will do it (won't necessary have to be RAZBAM). I would put it into same category as other most probably not accessible at the moment planes like Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale.

If it is in the works it's too far away to be worth speculating about. If they are able to release one module a year we would likely end up with Mig-19 2018, Tucano 2019, mirage III 2020. So that would be 2021 for a release of an as yet undisclosed module and there are fairly reliable rumors of a CH-53 and as far as I've seen unsubstantiated rumors of an A-6 and A-7. So dreaming of a 15E in 5-8 years hardly seems worth the effort.

Translation- I just mean don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Jester986
clarity
  • Like 1

The rumors about the SLUF and Sh*tter are no longer rumors, they have been confirmed by RAZBAM in recent interviews. I also saw that the MiG-19 got a recent update, so it must be in the pipe, and RAZBAM also indicated that their next focus would be another Mirage and that they would like to be doing two modules a year. It sounds to me like things are moving about as quickly as they can at the RAZBAM shop.