F-15E?

JazonXD

I dont want to sound harsh to devs. but after the F14 and jester, any AI plane with 2 seats, whether hind or F15E... If theres no AI its a no go for me and I suspect A LOT of ppl now. theres no going back

in hindsight it was insane to expect players to jump between seats *IN COMBAT* to begin with

an F15E without a WSO is almost insane and Id expect a jester level AI *AT LEAST* same with the hind.

Yes its fun to shoot, not so much when youre being shot at and need to hop seats etc.

nothings stopping you from doing it, but a lot of us would like an AI that can do basic sh*T while we fly or handle whatever.

Well you are in for some big disappointment then, as far as known the Hind won't be getting any form of AI, we already know the F-15E won't either. And that is honestly for the better. Jester sucks at anything that isn't AA related. Additionally in the F-15E the pilot can do basically everything from the front, besides switching on 3 switches, so all RB has to do is add a keybind for those from the front seat (I can't believe this has to be said again, this is about the hundredth time on this thread this has been stated....)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well you are in for some big disappointment then, as far as known the Hind won't be getting any form of AI, we already know the F-15E won't either. And that is honestly for the better. Jester sucks at anything that isn't AA related. Additionally in the F-15E the pilot can do basically everything from the front, besides switching on 3 switches, so all RB has to do is add a keybind for those from the front seat (I can't believe this has to be said again, this is about the hundredth time on this thread this has been stated....)
Correct.

The F-15E is unique as the guy in front can do all that is needed so having an AI is just a duplication of work. It is more fun for me to do things myself.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Why? Because the F-16 and every other single seat fighter is impossible to fly without a second guy in it? You need to jump seats because you are being shot at? Why? Your thoughts seem completely unfounded from a reality standpoint.

If reality matters, then the two seaters needs their RIO...

Allowing players to fly two seaters like F-16 will depart from the philosophy DCS have been following so far.

Personally, I think that if it is yet more workload for the user, a better communication between the pilot and the RIO is not only possible but also necessary.

Reason why I strongly suggest players to explore the use of Voice attack, even the option of getting the graphic interface off is possible at all.

Those Aircraft have a higher combat potential with the RIO, not using it is a complete waste of this potential.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

If reality matters, then the two seaters needs their RIO...

Allowing players to fly two seaters like F-16 will depart from the philosophy DCS have been following so far.

Personally, I think that if it is yet more workload for the user, a better communication between the pilot and the RIO is not only possible but also necessary.

Reason why I strongly suggest players to explore the use of Voice attack, even the option of getting the graphic interface off is possible at all.

Those Aircraft have a higher combat potential with the RIO, not using it is a complete waste of this potential.

The F-15 and F-14 are not similar in any regard really when it comes to individual work loads...people need to stop drawing up that comparison. The workload is no different than flying a single-seat F-18, F-16, etc. The extra body is a force multiplier but not a hinderance if they are not present. There’s about six switches on the console (that I can think of) that need to be put in the correct spots, before you get in harm’s way, that are tied to the back seat. Outside of that, systems management is all integrated into both seats, there isn’t a requirement to switch seats to employ anything, nor a need for anything like voice attach that extends beyond any other single seat fighter out there. It’s as user friendly as an F-16 in that regard.

I would still love to have a rudimentary Backseat AI even if everything can be done from the front seat. For example to call out missile launches and position of bogey in a dogfight. Will make it feel like it’s a two person plane even if there is no one there.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

The F-15 and F-14 are not similar in any regard really when it comes to individual work loads...people need to stop drawing up that comparison. The workload is no different than flying a single-seat F-18, F-16, etc. The extra body is a force multiplier but not a hinderance if they are not present. There’s about six switches on the console (that I can think of) that need to be put in the correct spots, before you get in harm’s way, that are tied to the back seat. Outside of that, systems management is all integrated into both seats, there isn’t a requirement to switch seats to employ anything, nor a need for anything like voice attach that extends beyond any other single seat fighter out there. It’s as user friendly as an F-16 in that regard.

So what do you think the backseater can add to the crew then?

I'd say that setting up Voice Attack to communicate properly with it (AI) would certainly be a big help in terms of S.A, even so you can do all the rest from the front seat.

The less you have to do from the front the better and S.A is certainly part of the workload.

Calling altitudes, attitude (ground avoidance), threat, missile launch, breaks, check six etc, if you can com with your AI better, it will respond better to what you need it to do.

Now if workload in terms of systems is lower is the case for F-14, chances are its AI will reflect that when released.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Guys, I wonder what the pilot's design will be.

I would like the pilot's helmet to be HGU-55 with a with central hose anchorage

There is still no such combination in the DCS.

Now the game is HGU-55 with side mount or HGU-33 with classic mask. I want HGU-55 with classic mask.

And by the way, do you think the extended movement/animation of the head and body of the pilot will be modeled as it is on the HB F-14?

So that the pilot can see where his WSO is looking and vice versa. This enhances the game atmosphere and realism.

EUVbpxNUMAAJFdb.jpg

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

• 2 weeks later...

so its basicaly just an printed book version of an F15E-1 flight manual that you can find in pdf format?

If thats the case unless its a newer than a 1993 publication, meh, not worth the price of two hardcopy books.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

This is 3 years old now from a studio that merged back into ED of with their projects shifted significantly... Let's see what ED says, I will be gladly proven wrong

Last line...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4461030&postcount=2

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 1 month later...

Why they don't do an F-15C instead if two seats are so controversial, they don't plan any AI and are bottlenecked by coding? Graphically they are doing great job.

If I understand correctly F-15C would take incomparably less time to code without fancy guided A-G ordinance, systems, advanced two cockpit functionality, electro optical pods.

Considering RAZBAM has many graphics artists and smaller amount of coders single role single seater but with higher performance looks like perfect choice for them.

I'm afraid RAZBAM can stuck for years coding advanced A-G functionalities, two cockpits, pods etc. Being also forced to hold all other projects. Strike Eagle will be also A LOT more resource consuming to support/maintain in DCS with all this avionics. Like with modern A-G Harrier, it took years and it's still not finished. Bomber two cockpit F-15E can be even more time consuming.

Looks like they already came to similar conclusion chosing cold war single role jets in the future - with attractive real warfare history, performance and outlook but without modern gizmos extremely time consuming to code - like MiG-23, EE Lighting, legacy A-A Harrier, Mirage III etc.

​​This looks like logical choice which suits them perfectly. Being bottlenecked by coding they could make like three cold war single role planes for one super sophisticated multirole.

Maybe i don't know something? Maybe it's about the license ED gave them?

• Like 1

I suspect it's because they think the -C has a much smaller market given that a) it's an FC3 module and many people won't necessarily feel like going beyond it and b) it's an a2a platform only. They probably figured that yes, it takes a lot more resources, but they'll also sell more. Whether that's true or not is a whole other conversation, but on paper the reasoning makes some sense. A huge caveat is whether they have learnt from their past errors and can build on that experience though.

Why they don't do an F-15C instead if two seats are so controversial, they don't plan any AI and are bottlenecked by coding? Graphically they are doing great job.

If I understand correctly F-15C would take incomparably less time to code without fancy guided A-G ordinance, systems, advanced two cockpit functionality, electro optical pods.

Considering RAZBAM has many graphics artists and smaller amount of coders single role single seater but with higher performance looks like perfect choice for them.

I'm afraid RAZBAM can stuck for years coding advanced A-G functionalities, two cockpits, pods etc. Being also forced to hold all other projects. Strike Eagle will be also A LOT more resource consuming to support/maintain in DCS with all this avionics. Like with modern A-G Harrier, it took years and it's still not finished. Bomber two cockpit F-15E can be even more time consuming.

Looks like they already came to similar conclusion chosing cold war single role jets in the future - with attractive real warfare history, performance and outlook but without modern gizmos extremely time consuming to code - like MiG-23, EE Lighting, legacy A-A Harrier, Mirage III etc.

​​This looks like logical choice which suits them perfectly. Being bottlenecked by coding they could make like three cold war single role planes for one super sophisticated multirole.

Maybe i don't know something? Maybe it's about the license ED gave them?

You make a very good point. Think of it this way though. The longer we work on and perfect it, the better the end product will be. Slowly adding things into the module will make sure all the systems are perfected and work together.

I look forward to all the teeny tiny bugs you guys find in the future.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance to see the F-15E within the next 2-3 years in EA? This modul was announced to be the next after the AV-8B, for sure an F-15E was already announced to come to DCS many years ago.

Now its again on hold and on other modules, which were announced later (Mig-23, Lightning), the work continues.

The F-15E is the last great jet to complete the F-14 to F/A-18 pack of legendary modern 4th gen US fighters in DCS.

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg