F-15E?

JazonXD

i think it is getting closer

Abolutely. Regarding to todays newsletter, we can hope to see it going early access in 2020. I still have doubts, but i'm hoping for this so desperately...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Not a chance this will be any where close to a release this year. I was honestly hoping that Razbam would drop the Mudhen and that ED would (at some point after new weather, dynamic campaign, etc) pick up the actual, Not-a-pound-for-air-to-ground, F-15 Eagle. :)

I can also see Harrier and Mirage guys being a bit curious about where their jets are headed. But what do I know...

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Abolutely. Regarding to todays newsletter, we can hope to see it going early access in 2020. I still have doubts, but i'm hoping for this so desperately...

Unless Razbam has been working very hard on the harrier and fixed a bunch of stuff that they haven't released I'm having real doubts the F15E will come next year if they keep their promise of no new modules until the old ones are done.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Unless Razbam has been working very hard on the harrier and fixed a bunch of stuff that they haven't released I'm having real doubts the F15E will come next year if they keep their promise of no new modules until the old ones are done.

Not only the release time but also matters how ''complete'' it will come! That's not RAZBAM specific but i'm very unhappy about Early Access, Alpha, Pre-Alpha stuff. I think i won't buy anything until it's feature complete -minus bugs of course.I don't remember exactly but i didn't feel the ''big missing things'' with the Hog.It was almost 10 years ago so my memory could lead me wrong.

I too won’t purchase any more Razbam modules until the Harrier is complete. Although slow it is coming along nicely and it’s one of my favorite modules, so I hope the Strike Eagle turns out great and doesn’t delay the Harrier from being done in the process.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Every day it is getting closer. Seriously though I haven’t heard or seen anything official from either Razbam or ED to indicate that the Mudhen will be arriving to us in early access any time in 2020. I’d love the F-15E and Mig-23Mla as much as anybody else but first I want to see the Mirage 2000 and Harrier AV-8B N/A completed. As the title of a Metallica song goes, “Nothing Else Matters”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Nothing from the harriers MFD’s and system layout other than having 20 buttons around the bezel will in any way transfer over to the F-15E. If you are talking about systems under the hood like interacting with JDAM’s, possibly... But the format and interface of the screen and how you do stuff is completely different. Other than that, there are approximately zero similarities in how the strike eagles MPD’s and systems work compared to the Harrier.

Razbam promised they will finish their stable before they move on to other aircraft. It is their determination as to what is "finished". While a lot of buttons do nothing or are marked as not available indicates this high fidelity model is not as high fidelity as you might wish.

If you read the newsletter closely, it was said they didn't talk about yet unlicensed projects, so probably the F-15E does have an ED license while MiG-23 hasn't yet. Just saying, maybe I'm being crazy, but I believe it might be an easier explanation than all that stuff you chime in with :huh: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

If you read the newsletter closely, it was said they didn't talk about yet unlicensed projects, so probably the F-15E does have an ED license while MiG-23 hasn't yet. Just saying, maybe I'm being crazy, but I believe it might be an easier explanation than all that stuff you chime in with :huh: .

S!

Well reasoned sir.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm pretty upset about the F-15E being licensed to Razbam. They can't complete a high-fidelity Harrier, how can ED trust them to make a complex, multi-crew aicraft such as the F-15E?

Another great and iconic airframe going to waste. ED or maybe HB should take care of these, with demonstrated competence in place of workarounds and gross errors in system modeling.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I'm pretty upset about the F-15E being licensed to Razbam. They can't complete a high-fidelity Harrier, how can ED trust them to make a complex, multi-crew aicraft such as the F-15E?

Another great and iconic airframe going to waste. ED or maybe HB should take care of these, with demonstrated competence in place of workarounds and gross errors in system modeling.

Well it won't have any AI multi-crew functionality like jester from what we have heard, since the pilot can do it all, I mean who needs a backseater anyway. :megalol:

Where exactly has ED shown they are able to handle multi-crew better than Razbam??? Heatblur is the ONLY developer that has competently done multi-crew to date. I'd rather see Razbam give it a whirl then have another module stuck in EA purgatory for 5+ years... the ED Huey still doesn't even have multi-crew functionality yet.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Where exactly has ED shown they are able to handle multi-crew better than Razbam??? Heatblur is the ONLY developer that has competently done multi-crew to date. I'd rather see Razbam give it a whirl then have another module stuck in EA purgatory for 5+ years... the ED Huey still doesn't even have multi-crew functionality yet.

To be fair, we will find out soon, the Mi24 is supposed to have it working, and its a front/back setup like the F15 would have. It could be that Raz is just waiting for ED to do things so they don't have to develop their own tech. (which is smart IMO, not a criticism). Its probably why we don't have good INS model in the harrier, because they will just plug-n-play the one from the hornet once ED does it, since they are the same nav system.

Well it won't have any AI multi-crew functionality like jester from what we have heard, since the pilot can do it all, I mean who needs a backseater anyway. :megalol:

I really hope that this turns out not to be the case. As you rightly highlighted, what is the point of the Mudhen if it is just going to be a nicer looking and slightly better modelled version of Janes F-15E? None as I see it and you would just be better off doing the single seat F-15C.

I am however going to just wait and see what Razbam can come up with in the hope that lessons have and are being learned by both them and ED. Clearly multiplayer implementation in the early days of DCS World has been problematic for both ED and many 3rd party developers with Heatblur being the only ones who have IMO successfully implemented a truly rewarding and enjoyable multiplayer experience.

So I will just temper my expectations on the F-15E regarding its feature set and release date with a cool, calm and collected wait and see approach. For 2020 all I expect is for both the Mirage 2000 and the Harrier AV-8B N/A to be completed, feature complete and near bug free. I don't think that is unreasonable or asking too much.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

For 2020 all I expect is for both the Mirage 2000 and the Harrier AV-8B N/A to be completed, feature complete and near bug free. I don't think that is unreasonable or asking too much.

I mean you say that....

Razbam said multiple times that there will be no AI in the backseat.

Yeah, but what they say and what actually ends up happening are usually two different things. I'm just trying to be optimistic and give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus, ED assured us they would exceed expectations so...

Yeah, but what they say and what actually ends up happening are usually two different things. I'm just trying to be optimistic and give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus, ED assured us they would exceed expectations so...

ED also said that razbam did an excellent job on the Harrier, which is a laughable statement.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s