F-15E?

JazonXD

Cockpit is just a bit out of date. Es don’t have LOX anymore, AHRS panels have been gone for decades, etc. Hopefully they have some updated material to work off of since that was developed.

No where does it say the "Current" or "Newest Block" F-15E.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Rain,

What year would that cockpit match with? Circa 2000, 2001?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Cool! Thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Part of the development is already made , my guess is it wont take more than 2 ( at least for EA ).

This video is dating back from 2012. But now Boeing’s gave official license to Razbam, so appart from Razbam no one can say what Block we will have.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

This video is dating back from 2012. But now Boeing’s gave official license to Razbam, so appart from Razbam no one can say what Block we will have.

The term “block” is not really used in the same context as say an F-16, F-18, etc. F-15 blocks generally only designate some minor changes, under the hood, that don’t really apply to what you see or it’s overall capability.

The missile mod isn't a fix. It's a band-aid. No modder can fix the missiles, not really (I know because I somewhat maintain that mod :) ).

ED is working on implementing guidance fixes for the missiles, I'm sure - that's going to be bigger than what the missile mod can do - that is, while the missile mod can adjust some 'physical' parameters like drag, thrust and a couple of other things, BVR missiles require more complex decision making than just relying on PN - and that is something that cannot be modded in.

It seems that the current thrust and drag models can be fixed pretty easy though. Guidance won't have a huge effect on a guy running away 5 miles in front of me, yet the AMRAAM without fail will still fall short. If the kinematic side can be changed, I would be happy enough. I don't expect guidance part to ever be close to correct just because of the lack of open source data on that.

Edit: Just some additional thoughts/remarks. I'm perfectly fine with ED never making a perfect or even good guidance model. I understand it is really difficult, especially with the limited data they can get on that. I love this sim for what it is but generally enjoy WVR fights more than anything else because the BVR literally cannot be realistic unless ED is read in on programs in both Russia and USA then violates the NDAs immediately lol. Missile modder used some CFD to figure out realistic drag models on the missiles and it appears from his thread that no change was made on the motor simulated in game. If that's all we get, it would still be better than the model in game.

Edited by RShackleford

It seems that the current thrust and drag models can be fixed pretty easy though. Guidance won't have a huge effect on a guy running away 5 miles in front of me, yet the AMRAAM without fail will still fall short.

5nm is a tall order depending on conditions. At SL, that would be a difficult proposition if the guy is really hauling tail.

If the kinematic side can be changed, I would be happy enough. I don't expect guidance part to ever be close to correct just because of the lack of open source data on that.

There is loads of open source data - in the sense that there are plenty of guidance equations and research sitting around. The missile's particulars might be classified, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you can apply things in game.

I understand it is really difficult, especially with the limited data they can get on that.

It is surprisingly not difficult ... involved, yes, there is effort to be put in. But difficult, not so much - at least for the basics :)

Mind I'm only talking guidance algos, not seeker's target processing, countermeasures etc.

I love this sim for what it is but generally enjoy WVR fights more than anything else because the BVR literally cannot be realistic unless ED is read in on programs in both Russia and USA then violates the NDAs immediately lol. Missile modder used some CFD to figure out realistic drag models on the missiles and it appears from his thread that no change was made on the motor simulated in game. If that's all we get, it would still be better than the model in game.

Sure ... to some degree it is better. Against non-maneuvering targets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It'll be unfinished pish.

Just wait a year after it's 'release'

I dunno man i had a ton of fun with the Harrier when it first came out and it was pretty unfinished... I think a full fidelity F-15E will be a ton of fun to play with especially with the quality of RAZBAM products!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

I think that's the sound of the hype train leaving the station....

attachment.php?attachmentid=190800&stc=1&d=1532667790

is this serious? are we getting f-15e within a few months???

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I dunno man i had a ton of fun with the Harrier when it first came out and it was pretty unfinished... I think a full fidelity F-15E will be a ton of fun to play with especially with the quality of RAZBAM products!

I agree. To me even in EA will be better to fly than the F15C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Shame on the guy who didn’t epoxy overthose screws in the grip.

Pics are still quite impressive.

lol, You are going to confuse them. Which screw get sealed?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Does the safety wire on the base gets any so nobody get their hand cut?

To whom it may concern,

Does the safety wire on the base gets any so nobody get their hand cut?

Nobody gets snagged on lock wire if it's done properly!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Every time I did safety wire and it look pretty, it was backwards and I had to redo it.

To whom it may concern,