DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Looks like you were blessed with fantastic display weather! :-)

I like this part of short landing (with reverse), quick turn and short take off. It was a big surprise !

This is true BAT-MOBILE ;) !

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well, it's June and, where's the Viggen? lol

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, it's June and, where's the Viggen? lol

Maybe Newsletter Tomorrow? On Polish Forum Cobra said about the news in the May ( http://il2forum.pl/index.php/topic,17197.msg337410.html#msg337410 ).

We must wait and I hope it will be tomorrow ; >.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cobra, can you show us at least the external model or anything else about the Viggen? I'm begging you... lol haha :)

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have anyone noticed when the Viggen was actually introduced for the first time?

According to Wikipedia (which is a you all know the best source of information ;))then the AJ37 was introduced into the Swedish Airforce on June 21.

Sorry couldnt resist to put it out there and help to feed the conspiracy theories ;)

Have anyone noticed when the Viggen was actually introduced for the first time?

According to Wikipedia (which is a you all know the best source of information ;))then the AJ37 was introduced into the Swedish Airforce on June 21.

Sorry couldnt resist to put it out there and help to feed the conspiracy theories ;)

That is actually a good theory! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And on monday is the Swedish national day so...

I dont know if all this will happen but could be funny if the announcement came on monday (national day) and release on the 21 (when Viggen was introduced) :)

Yep! That's would be awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea an announcement on the 6th with a release after the 21st would make sense.

the 21st is a Teusday so maby Pre orders on 21st and the Launch on the friday? (24th)

Unless they can talk ED into doing a Update on Teusday =P.

One can always dream =>.

Edited by mattebubben

The Viggen is the only plane Im waiting this year as I know the Hornet and Tomcat arent for 2016. :)

Actually the hornet and the tomcat are planned to 2016.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You haven't been around these parts for long, have you? :music_whistling:

What you mean?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well lets just say I believe didilman also know that they are both planned for 2016, but isn't expecting that to happen. Experience shows most of us that is a likely scenario, as has happened with many releases. Not saying these to cast a bad light on developers, it is just these things take a lot of time and can bring many surprises, more complex they are, more so. And these two are currently the most complex two fighters in line for release. So, it often gets difficult to accurately estimate a release date, even for early access standats.

Many like myself, will be pleasantly surprised to see their release this year (well in my case only for the Hornet, not too interested in Tomcat myself), but at the same time, won't fuel their anticipation too much for a potentially disappointing delay, which can happen fairly often :).

Anyway, it was just a tongue in cheek comment on my part, let us not derail the thread too much. To this end, I'd also like to reiterate people's words on last page, "Cobra, may be some Viggen shots for us?" :D.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Well lets just say I believe didilman also know that they are both planned for 2016, but isn't expecting that to happen. Experience shows most of us that is a likely scenario, as has happened with many releases. Not saying these to cast a bad light on developers, it is just these things take a lot of time and can bring many surprises, more complex they are, more so. And these two are currently the most complex two fighters in line for release. So, it often gets difficult to accurately estimate a release date, even for early access standats.

Many like myself, will be pleasantly surprised to see their release this year (well in my case only for the Hornet, not too interested in Tomcat myself), but at the same time, won't fuel their anticipation too much for a potentially disappointing delay, which can happen fairly often :).

Anyway, it was just a tongue in cheek comment on my part, let us not derail the thread too much. To this end, I'd also like to reiterate people's words on last page, "Cobra, may be some Viggen shots for us?" :D.

I agree.

I just said that both are planned for 2016. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's the Gripen, isn't?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]