DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

The latest news from ED says first half of 2016 so i am guessing before end of June but as always everything is subject to change :)

U right and I hope nothing will be subject to change.

Want to play with that viggen during holidays. :pilotfly::joystick:

I just wait for announcement. :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

So, the last time i actively followed this thread was during the winter holidays, in the last long days before the Mirage release. And not very much seems to have happened, as of pictures or dev-updates.

I mean, is it realistic that the whole development is going on behind closed doors and that the release will just come like a thunderbolt (far stretched pun intended) from bright skies?

Has this been done before? end of may, june and even july isn't after all that far away if we are to have any sneakpeaks of the development progress or am i missing something?

I have read every page on this thread and you can say nothing but that there is a LOT of knowledge and potential feedback on development from the people here, that the developers potentially can get a lot from.

With that being said, I very much long for this and hope that the tales are true!

So, the last time i actively followed this thread was during the winter holidays, in the last long days before the Mirage release. And not very much seems to have happened, as of pictures or dev-updates.

I mean, is it realistic that the whole development is going on behind closed doors and that the release will just come like a thunderbolt (far stretched pun intended) from bright skies?

Has this been done before? end of may, june and even july isn't after all that far away if we are to have any sneakpeaks of the development progress or am i missing something?

I have read every page on this thread and you can say nothing but that there is a LOT of knowledge and potential feedback on development from the people here, that the developers potentially can get a lot from.

With that being said, I very much long for this and hope that the tales are true!

You're obviously unfamiliar with the BST release method. Yes, work can take place entirely behind doors and come like a lightning bolt out of the blue.

maybe kids these days are too young to remember but there was a time when all development happened behind closed doors. releases happened when products were really ready to release. and nobody complained about anything because they didn't know it was coming in the first place so they didnt feel like they had to wait for anything.

then one day some marketers realized they could leverage the feeling of inclusion and anticipation to get money in the bank sooner. now we have this mess that is early access and hypetrains.

a fyi the community doesnt have a monopoly on subject matter expertise. for every 100 people posting in a thread there are only about 1 or 2 people who actually know what they are talking about and leatherneck knows better about how to find them and talk to them than you'd like to think they do

Edited by probad

maybe kids these days are too young to remember but there was a time when all development happened behind closed doors. releases happened when products were really ready to release. and nobody complained about anything because they didn't know it was coming in the first place so they didnt feel like they had to wait for anything.

then one day some marketers realized they could leverage the feeling of inclusion and anticipation to get money in the bank sooner. now we have this mess that is early access and hypetrains.

a fyi the community doesnt have a monopoly on subject matter expertise. for every 100 people posting in a thread there are only about 1 or 2 people who actually know what they are talking about and leatherneck knows better about how to find them and talk to them than you'd like to think they do

I get the feeling that i should be feeling like the kid here? ;)

But thank you for the intel! I am of course completely with you on that one, of course i don't expect a rushed release.

When it comes to DCS, i am only familiar with what i have seen on the forum (on where i have not been active for a very long time) and no, not very familiar with the way-of-leatherneck.

No i dont expect all the information and people on the forums to be valid sources and yes, i too understand that this forum is not the only forum, and the only way to get in touch with the right people.

I am excited never the less of what will come, this year or the next! :)

So I guess we shouldn't wait Viggen before august? As F-5E comes in July when thay promised the first half 2016 , july isnt the first half.

We know its rare ED release two modules in the same month.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Cobra mentioned somewhere that after the Viggen is announced things would calm down for them because they'd spend "months" on marketing. Unclear if that was referring to before or after release. I wouldn't expect any news at all until after summer, it's almost vacation season after all.

In other news the national archives recently informed me that unfortunately they do not have the performance chart part of the SFI for AJS 37. Seems they never received a copy.

Well Cobra have stated that there would be a short time during announcement and release, i am not expecting but hoping for a realease sometime during next month.

Why not predict a release tomorrow, that way we'll get it sooner!

Frankly, until Cobra actually says something concrete about a release date, you'd be better off trying to (add here your own expression) upwind in a gale on an ocean going yacht!

Well i am not just guessing here, ED have stated during the first half of the year and Cobra have stated and this have been quoted several times in this thread that from announcement to release will be a short time.

I am not one of those people just demanding the release i am looking forward to it which is why i am saying that i am hoping for it next month but of course they have to take the time it takes to make it goods which is also why i am saying that i am not expecting it.

We're moving towards doing more, smaller updates, especially as the Viggen is nearing completion and a few months will be spent solely on marketing.

I think we'll get it in the ballpark of sep-nov, at best!

They haven't even announced it. No marketing yet < that will take several months.

And we all know LN & dates don't match. It is what it is.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Forgive me for being late to this party, but I thought I remembered reading something about the Viggen having A-G radar capability. Sorry if this was discussed somewhere in the previous 185 pages of this thread :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Forgive me for being late to this party, but I thought I remembered reading something about the Viggen having A-G radar capability. Sorry if this was discussed somewhere in the previous 185 pages of this thread :book:

It does yes, LNS has developed their own A-G radar for the AJS 37.

Edited by RaXha

That, in and of itself, is a game changer. ...no pun intended. :) Any idea of how this will work with designating targets or deploying weapons in conjunction with the radar? I get that the SU-25T and KA-50 have the Shkval, and the A-10C has whatever insane camera thingy under its wing, but that's all visual designation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

That, in and of itself, is a game changer. ...no pun intended. :) Any idea of how this will work with designating targets or deploying weapons in conjunction with the radar? I get that the SU-25T and KA-50 have the Shkval, and the A-10C has whatever insane camera thingy under its wing, but that's all visual designation.

I'm not sure but i think it's a lot of visual designation with the Viggen despite the radar. It's a radar from the 1960s after all. My guess is it's more of a helping tool to find targets than an automated system to lock targets. :P

It's a radar from the 1960s after all.
So it's only really good for giving people on the ground cancer? :smilewink: Haha, that'll still be really cool.

Now we need something to put the STOL capability to use ... unimproved runways / fields would be great. Helicopters get FARP's, us fixed wing guys need something too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]