advice on my new computer

I haven't been on these forums for awhile but i know that you guys are trustworthy so i would just like some advice on a new computer that im building for university. I want to keep the price at around $3000.00CDN ($2700.00USD) just for the record. Heres what i have so far:

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami

PSU: Untra X-Finity 600-watt

Moniter: Samsung 19" LCD 8ms 1280x1024

CPU: Intel Conroe E6700

Motherboard: no clue becasue i havent seen too many models for the conroe yet

GFX Card: BFG Nvidia 7900GTX OC

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE

RAM: OCZ Duel Channel Gold DDR2 PC-5400 (2x1024mb)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor 150GB @ 10,000RPM

Optical Drive 1: LiteOn 16x Dual Layer DVD+/- RW

Optical Drive 2: LiteOn 52x CD-ROM

Floppy Drive: Panasonic 3.5 Floppy Drive

Speakers: Logitech X230 2.1 32Watt

Mouse: Logitech G5 Corded

Keyboard: Logitech BX1

OS: Windows 64bit (please let me know if there are any known issues with this OS please)

If i forgot anything please tell me (minus the printer casue im just gonna take mine from home) and if you have any suggestions please let me know. Also if anyone can contrast nVidia and ATI cards that would be great becasue im not sure what to look for exactly but my friend told me the the 7900 is a good card. Thanks in advance.

angelbannerfinal9th1vb.jpg

Virtual 9th Airforce

Looks good. I would suggest you get a better power supply, such as an Enermax or a Seasonic. Hope this helps.

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Does not sound to me too much like a Computer for work:music_whistling: :joystick: :megalol:

But anyway you might think about building a RAID with two raptors, will increase Speed as Raid 0 or Safety as Raid 1 (or was it the other way around?)

S!

Brati

BTW: Win 64 has plenty of known issues, guess why it has never been officialy released by M$. I would suggest going with the XP Pro, it is fairly well working, Drivers are widely available and performance Gain of Win 64 is hardly noticable in 32bit Applications (only game i know is FAR CRY that supports Win 64)

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies. I was just looking at other PSUs and the enermax ones seem to be more expensive than most. Obviously this is becasue of quality and name but would i be able to cut down price a little bit by getting a 535WATT PSU instead of 600? This is the first computer ive built so im not sure about how much power different components wll suck up and whatnot. Also, i was toying around with the idea of putting 2 74gig raptors in RAID0 but the problem is that i dunno if RAID0 need a special mobo, what kind of conenctors it uses, if it needs a controller, other software and all the other stuff. If anyone knows what need to be done to put the RAID0 in i would appritiate it becasue if it isnt too much of hassle for me then i may consider putting the RAID0 in (btw it is the RIAD0 i want becasue thats the one which effectively doubles your harddrive speed by slpitting the files and putting half on one HD and half on the other). Thanks.

angelbannerfinal9th1vb.jpg

Virtual 9th Airforce