Wallet Damage

USAFMTL

Yep Sheila is mad as a hornet at me. I bought the BF-109 and the Mirage. For some reason she didn't like my... "But its Christmas" excuse. LOL

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

should totally give her one of the 10 activation keys and say "here, I bought another copy just for you too!" xD

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

should totally give her one of the 10 activation keys and say "here, I bought another copy just for you too!" xD

You my friend are a genius!

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Unless you are a very lucky man, that is probably going to work about as well as saying 'But look, I got you a new blender'. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Same here as joebloggs, but I also had to buy a new monitor as well, the 0.5gb of VRAM on the iMac just wasn't cutting it. Total spend £1800.

Big day today, firing it up, fingers crossed. Also my first ever home build.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

Oh yeah, the iron will work... I do like December though, b-day, anniversary, and Xmas, and I usually get "buy something for yourself", as she has no clue when it comes to buying computer related items. NTTR was my b-day gift!

So your entire rig cost just £50 like mine then Len? Good man!

One thing I must say to all men out there. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY FLOWERS! Nothing raises suspicion like trying to be nice! Admit it, the first thing she says when you make these hopelessly romantic gestures is "OK buster, what did you do this time?".

Step 1

Borrow a pet (the biggest dog you can find) for an afternoon. Bring it home and say you're in love with it.

Step 2

After she screams her head off, take it back and pretend you're devastated for a day.

Step 3

Buy what ever the hell you wont, as long as it's not alive.

ps. If she likes dogs, borrow a pet snake.

Well considering that I pay for the damn zoo she has rescued, the argument disappeared when I pulled out thew latest vet bill and showed her. She just smiled, and said, good point. One of the rate times I got over on the SFC. :)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

A spouse with an expensive hobby does come in handy I guess. ;)

Being single, I just ended up buying a house so that the pit could have it's own room. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My wife never ask what my hobby costs RC planes, FSX, P3D and DCS WORLD (all modules) and diving.

My Computer: i7 6850K OC 4.5 GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X, on a MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon MB all watercooled w/3 pumps and outdoor cooler, 1x Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, 1x Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB, SSD 2x450GB, 6 TB HDD's, Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS, 30~165hz, Win 10 PRO 64bit.

Wife: Hey, how to you bring up comms to request taxi and take off?

Me: use the "\" on the keyboard the the F-keys to navigate through the options.

Wife: Can you show me?

Me: (completely stops doing whatever in DCS) Yes! Of course I can. You know I like when you take interest in what I do.

(Brings up comm menu, goes through the different menus)

Wife: I didn't see "wife" as an option...is that like F12 or something?

Me: Huh? No.

Wife: Ah, so that's why you can buy all this with out permission.

Me: I'll report the bug.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

I can't complain, I got the Mirage and NTTR as a 'saving' on the full price as soon as they came out, then I had a few injuries from previous military life (Lugging too much in a skinny body) so when work got me a new chair and stand up table, wonderful wife got me the pilot seat (LOL). Mind you it did cost me a house and we're working on getting it to the bosses' standard, but the computer room 'spare' room will never be decluttered...'do you really need all that?,,,er yes, do you really need the dog? ....it goes all quiet, tee hee (I'm no hero, just old cold war warrior) Shes the best thing that ever happened to me, and does ask from time to time what the hell I'm doing. Did bug the hell out of her in the PMDG 737 with the stewardess call,....that went down well.

Edited by flyingscotsman

Yep Sheila is mad as a hornet at me. I bought the BF-109 and the Mirage. For some reason she didn't like my... "But its Christmas" excuse. LOL

:hehe: I know that feeling Dave. In the last 3 years I spent approx. $30K indirectly to this "hobby" :D

So what do you think how "mad" was my wife ? :chair:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Wait until you tell her that you MUST spend €320 on rudder pedals that a furniture manufacturer in Croatia makes... And do that AFTER you used the "but it is Christmas" excuse to buy a TM HOTAS Warthog and a 144hz monitor (in addition to the ones you already own) but "forgot" to mention you bought a TrackIR5 + ProClip at the same time.

Edited by El Hadji

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64