Internal engine noise a bit loud?

Corrigan

I just purchased the L-39, and I'm very happy with how it looks and flies; you did a great job.

Is it just me, or is the engine a bit too loud from the cockpit? You can always discuss what's more realistic, whether to assume the player is wearing a helmet, etc etc, but compared to other modules, does anyone else think it's a bit loud?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I made a quick comparison of two other single engine planes. This is at idle. Obviously the 21 is much quieter, but the engine is further back from the pilot on that aircraft.

I still find the L-39 a bit harsh. Although, if that's how it sounds, that's how it sounds, I guess. I might edit the sound file and make it a bit quieter myself.

g0-b7PI0leQ

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

• 4 weeks later...

When the canopy is sealed / air conditioning is turned on in a real L-39 the cockpit is much, MUCH quieter than in the sim. Especially in a good helmet.

In videos we made the guy in the back seat is talking while he's making the video and you can almost hear what he's saying. If he's talking loudly you can definitely hear what he's saying (usually, "holy! shiiiiit!")

• 1 month later...

I think they should put a 3D helmet in the cockpit seat/wall, so that you could click on it an put the helmet on. That way you could hear the machine while starting and then put the helmet and have the sounds muffed like real life. Just my 2 cents.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I think they should put a 3D helmet in the cockpit seat/wall, so that you could click on it an put the helmet on. That way you could hear the machine while starting and then put the helmet and have the sounds muffed like real life. Just my 2 cents.

That would be extremely awesome.