Dcs.exe file bad

williehayesjr

After two days of 2.0 alpha downloads, I find that my dcs.exe file is bad. I tried to repair via command prompt, but no joy. So I copied autoupdate_templog file. Can anyone help, especially with the last line.

--- Log file: C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openalpha\autoupdate_templog.txt

=== Log opened UTC 2015-12-02 03:58:55

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.5.31 (Windows NT 6.1.7601; Win64; en-US)

INFO : cmdline: "E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

INFO : basedir: E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\

INFO : sourcetag: nevada

INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openalpha

INFO : DCS/2.0.0.47610.34 (x86_64; EN; WORLD)

INFO : branch: openalpha

INFO : Got reply from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

INFO : Got reply from srv4.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Can't run E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin/DCS.exe: (740) The requested operation requires elevation.

Same results

Thanks EagleEye. I deleted dcs.exe and did a repair on dcs_updater.exe. The exe file was replaced, however, the same thing came up. It must be something else that prevent me from starting.

--- Log file: C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openalpha\autoupdate_templog.txt

=== Log opened UTC 2015-12-02 10:02:24

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.5.31 (Windows NT 6.1.7601; Win64; en-US)

INFO : cmdline: "E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

INFO : basedir: e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha

INFO : sourcetag: nevada

INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openalpha

INFO : DCS/2.0.0.47610.34 (x86_64; EN; WORLD)

INFO : branch: openalpha

INFO : Got reply from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

INFO : Got reply from srv4.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Can't run e:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin/DCS.exe: (740) The requested operation requires elevation.

Just a thought, are you running DCS as administrator ?

That was my first thought, but shouldn`t ask the EXE for permission then?

@williehayesj: Is your windows user account a local admin? Have you tried to run the DCS.exe directly? If not, do it and/or try it to start with right mouse button pressed and "Run as administrator" for elevated rights.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

ERROR: Can't run E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin/DCS.exe: (740) The requested operation requires elevation.

It means that your DCS.exe requires admin right to be run. Something to do with the access rights. Most probably you've installed it as admin and try to run as a regular user.

It's better to install as a regular user, the installer will request elevation when it needs to.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Same problem with both 1.5 and 2.0

I executed the .exe files as administrator, and I get the message "This program is damaged. Please, repair or reinstall." This is the same message I get with both 2.0 and 1.5. (I have downloaded and installed both programs several times). Is it possible that I have a conflict with either my hardware or software. The last stabled DCS World works fine. Anymore suggestions?

I executed the .exe files as administrator, and I get the message "This program is damaged. Please, repair or reinstall." This is the same message I get with both 2.0 and 1.5. (I have downloaded and installed both programs several times). Is it possible that I have a conflict with either my hardware or software. The last stabled DCS World works fine. Anymore suggestions?

what antivirus do you use?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152374

the user did a full reinstall which fixed the issue:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2554211#post2554211

Not that I'm suggesting a full reinstall, but the problem has something to do with your setup.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

My guess is something on your system is interfering with the exe.

Either you need to give the program more privileges or security software is playing a role.

Are you sure your windows account has administration, and also dcs?

What are your windows UAC controls set at?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 years later...

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin/DCS.exe

Go to the above folder and right-click the DCS.exe file.

Compatability tab

Uncheck the "run as administrator" box.

Run the open beta repair.

I did this and the (740) error stopped. However, the game still crashes while loading. I'm going to uninstall and redownload to see if that fixes the crashing problem.