Complete DCS torrents for Seeding

fearlessfrog

Guys as per my understanding, I shall use the DCS Updater to get the NTTR, am I right?

I am doing this from yesterday and my upload 4x faster than my download :(

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem solved by jordanduc! Folder in Mods called terrains was mis-spelled Terrain!!!

DCS picked up the correct folders straight away after correction.

My bad, thanks for all help and suggestions guys.

Flying time!

Big props to jordanduc, thanks man!

:D- Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.9 GHz Water Cooled - 32GB Corsair LPX 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM - 1TB Samsung Nand PCIe M2 SSD - 500 GB SSD - 240 GB SSD - 4 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD - MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB Gaming GPU - Samsung SMART 4K 50" TV as Monitor - TM Warthog HOTAS + 3 x TM Cougar MFD's - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Occulus Rift CV1

you're snake eyes ! :thumbup:

Problem solved by jordanduc! Folder in Mods called terrains was mis-spelled Terrain!!!

DCS picked up the correct folders straight away after correction.

My bad, thanks for all help and suggestions guys.

Flying time!

Big props to jordanduc, thanks man!

So glad I could help out! Enjoy it mate :)

Maximus VI Hero

780Ti 2-way SLI

16GB 2X8GB 1866mhz G.Skill Ripjaws Z

Samsung 850 Pro SSDs

3 Benq XL2720Z monitors in surround

TrackIR 5

Windows 10 Pro

HOTAS Warthog

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

The list goes on..

Problem solved but new problem now?

Nevada terrain recognised/installed but when i try any mission or instant action, interface screen just hangs with the hourglass pointer for ages then window stops responding etc.

Might be worth complete uninstall and re-install from official servers. Don't think anything else is going to work for me?

Based on my experience guys, and as advised today by a couple of people on here, go with the official server torrents now, not the unofficial ones? I've had a nightmare and wasted an entire day trying to get it working?

Not knocking the unofficial route at all and it's probably worked fine for many peeps but not for me and i'd say not worth the risk if your having problems or haven't yet purchased or tried to download and install?

Thanks. The struggle continues....

It is an Alpha after all???

:D- Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.9 GHz Water Cooled - 32GB Corsair LPX 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM - 1TB Samsung Nand PCIe M2 SSD - 500 GB SSD - 240 GB SSD - 4 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD - MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB Gaming GPU - Samsung SMART 4K 50" TV as Monitor - TM Warthog HOTAS + 3 x TM Cougar MFD's - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Occulus Rift CV1

Guys as per my understanding, I shall use the DCS Updater to get the NTTR, am I right?

I am doing this from yesterday and my upload 4x faster than my download :(

Yes. While it may not be the fastest route available, it's the one that needs the least amount of work afterwards (as in NONE!). A lot of volunteers are trying to help with the seeding so that things move as fast as possible, so please just hang in there. ;)

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The zip is updated with a minimal set of 637 torrents.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1cf0ukhqtkpj21/openalpha-DCS-2.0.0.47610.34-torrents.zip?dl=0

A long story why there were 924 torrents (and only 682 were unique): I've taken the files from our source dir for the seed boxes, and these boxes a) have all the data files already b) ignore duplicates. The duplicates and torrent count difference were because of the repackaging when I optimized the torrent set against the openbeta a day or so ago. So in fact I posted 2 sets of torrents in 1 zip - an original set and the repackaged one, but I forgot that you don't have the files and will be downloading them, and these cross references will be confusing.

So now the zip contains only what's needed for openalpha as of now (after the repackaging, if it matters).

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1cf0ukhqtkpj21/openalpha-DCS-2.0.0.47610.34-torrents.zip?dl=0

A long story why there were 924 torrents (and only 682 were unique): I've taken the files from our source dir for the seed boxes, and these boxes a) have all the data files already b) ignore duplicates. The duplicates and torrent count difference were because of the repackaging when I optimized the torrent set against the openbeta a day or so ago. So in fact I posted 2 sets of torrents in 1 zip - an original set and the repackaged one, but I forgot that you don't have the files and will be downloading them, and these cross references will be confusing.

So now the zip contains only what's needed for openalpha as of now (after the repackaging, if it matters).

Thanks for the confirmation c0ff. That means my server is good to go.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6800XT

I've updated my server to only seed these 637 files now. Thanks for updating the list!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool - I've updated the first post with the new files zip link.

ok, I tried twice with normal downloading and then once with a torrent and all failed.

I finally was able to JUST finish getting the Nevada.zip from a torrent and now I made

a folder on one of my hard drives called NTTR. I unpacked the zip file and its

all there. Now can someone PLEASE tell me where to put that NTTR folder or its

contents so I dont mess things up ?

- If you keep what you are seeding right in the DCS _downloads/.torrents folder, make sure you have autoupdate_dev.cfg file in the DCS install folder with the content:

Code:

{

"keep_torrents": true

}

This will prevent the updater from ever deleting the files.

I want to do this as well, but not sure how ? Thanks so much for help as I have

tried for a few days now and to be this close to being able to use the Alpha is so

exciting !!!

What exactly is torrent. I've never used torrent until now, as I thought of it as a file sharing site, where much of the content was stolen software. I may be completely wrong, and have friends that seem to think they are entitled to this pirated software, then wonder why its hard to find devs creating the software they want to use. Please enlighten me.

There seems to be a lot of unknown uploading/downloading, that makes me less than confident in what's actually going on.

Edited by Chivas

What exactly is torrent. I've never used torrent until now, as I thought of it as a file sharing site, where much of the content was stolen software. I may be completely wrong, and have friends that seem to think they are entitled to this pirated software, then wonder why its hard to find devs creating the software they want to use. Please enlighten me.

bittorrent is a peer to peer file sharing protocol. A lot of illegal stuff is shared with it, but at lot of companies are also using it for legal things like eagle dynamics using it for the DCS updates. Saves them a lot of bandwidth.

if this can be kept strictly for the torrent seeding, etc that would be great. install help *should* be in another thread. but from what i have seen in previous/other posts it goes into the mods/terrains folder.

i got the new file and all 637 are good to go. most are complete. this is permanent seeding.

fearless, you stated "The zip is updated with a minimal set of 637 torrents". is anything missing? or does it mean these are the only files needed and it is a complete set?

c0ff/fearless, has it been discussed and determined how updates will be handled later? for instance i do the same seeding for Steel Beasts Pro PE, and they usually arrange for me to get the files before release so it can be ready when the announcement is made. in that case there are a few volunteers that participate.

if this can be kept strictly for the torrent seeding, etc that would be great. install help *should* be in another thread. but from what i have seen in previous/other posts it goes into the mods/terrains folder.

i got the new file and all 637 are good to go. most are complete. this is permanent seeding.

fearless, you stated "The zip is updated with a minimal set of 637 torrents". is anything missing? or does it mean these are the only files needed and it is a complete set?

c0ff/fearless, has it been discussed and determined how updates will be handled later? for instance i do the same seeding for Steel Beasts Pro PE, and they usually arrange for me to get the files before release so it can be ready when the announcement is made. in that case there are a few volunteers that participate.

I believe this is the complete set, with no duplicates.

For the future, we have a good list now of people that (very kindly) offered seedboxes etc, so c0ff can certainly let me, greg, Bliss etc know up-front if we can help.

Quick question - do we need to keep the old large Nevada torrents up? They are both still running on my server.

I'm going to have to work on installing utorrent on another machine so I can run the 900+ files on it this week some time.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Quick question - do we need to keep the old large Nevada torrents up? They are both still running on my server.

I'm going to have to work on installing utorrent on another machine so I can run the 900+ files on it this week some time.

The two old, unofficial, torrents that were made should not be seeded anymore, it's better to focus all our efforts and bandwidth on seeding the official torrents posted in the first post of this thread. Also, the new zip-file contains only 637 files, and those are the ones that should be seeded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The two old, unofficial, torrents that were made should not be seeded anymore, it's better to focus all our efforts and bandwidth on seeding the official torrents posted in the first post of this thread. Also, the new zip-file contains only 637 files, and those are the ones that should be seeded.

I put the majority of bandwidth to the ED seeded ones. For mine, I've still left running as I don't want to leave people on 99% and there are only about 140 other seeds the last time I looked (that would be frustrating for people to get close to the end). The greg one is much faster and better seeded so I think people continue to use that. I think Bliss has a good seed for that too.

I agree the new ones should be the emphasis (check first message for new list) but don't want to cut short people that have already committed to the older ones and now might be close to almost finishing. :)

Edit: as for official or not both I and greg did check with c0ff and Wags, they are ok with this if it helped. Obviously the new way is better for all, as it helps the regular dcs_updater torrent people.