Complete DCS torrents for Seeding

fearlessfrog

Anything in here that could help with the download of the update for people who are still stuck downloading the update on super slow speeds?

I'm downloading one of the very helpfully supplied original torrent files (the nevada.zip) and this is going pretty well finally - currently getting over 600kbps and after 10 hours of downloading this i have 61% of it downloaded!

But the other one is still terrible been trying this for days now and looking like this... so slow its ridiculous. I've tried restarting this a number of times (feels like thousands lol)

Im in australia so i dont expect much - but 5-10k is just :cry::cry:

E9wv3Z2.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the other thread closed:

So the other thread is closed.....Did you read any of the first 10 pages of the other thread?

Obviously not as the instructions are posted within the first 10 pages.

I'd say so far this play experience is a -1 out of 10 since I can't even get the files onto my system to attempt to play it.

not worth the bandwidth that would be wasted replying to this while I download the nevada torrent

I've added the whole list of torrent to my server, and I see the tracker is ED"s tracker and the other client's software is DCS updater.

Seems PERFECT to help other people installing the game

Thanks to people involved in making and sharing the files

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Hi guys,

Firstly a HUGE thanks to all the key players and everyone who seeded the torrents to make them more readily and speedily available to the community! Awesome work indeed!

I've downloaded Nevada.zip now and extracted the files to a folder.

I followed the original instructions to copy them to:

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\_downloads\.torrents directory.

Opened a command window in:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin

with command line:

dcs_updater install NEVADA_terrain

but all it did was start the Updater and begin downloading the 27 GB Nevada terrain pack from the start again!!!

No thank you!! Lol!

What am i doing wrong guys, sure it's something simple i'm missing?

Many thanks.

:D- Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.9 GHz Water Cooled - 32GB Corsair LPX 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM - 1TB Samsung Nand PCIe M2 SSD - 500 GB SSD - 240 GB SSD - 4 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD - MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB Gaming GPU - Samsung SMART 4K 50" TV as Monitor - TM Warthog HOTAS + 3 x TM Cougar MFD's - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Occulus Rift CV1

Hi guys,

Firstly a HUGE thanks to all the key players and everyone who seeded the torrents to make them more readily and speedily available to the community! Awesome work indeed!

I've downloaded Nevada.zip now and extracted the files to a folder.

I followed the original instructions to copy them to:

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\_downloads\.torrents directory.

Opened a command window in:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin

with command line:

dcs_updater install NEVADA_terrain

but all it did was start the Updater and begin downloading the 27 GB Nevada terrain pack from the start again!!!

No thank you!! Lol!

What am i doing wrong guys, sure it's something simple i'm missing?

Many thanks.

The NEVADA.ZIP should be unzipped to \Mods\Terrain\Nevada :book:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

All NEVADA and WORLD files are now seeding from my seedbox too (150Mbit/sec), working on grabbing all the aircraft now. Uploads are going pretty steady at ~80-130Mbit/sec.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a quick question?

Do installs of already purchased aircraft into DCS 2.0 count against my "Activations" on my DCS account?

Thanks.

:D- Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 4.9 GHz Water Cooled - 32GB Corsair LPX 3000 MHz DDR4 RAM - 1TB Samsung Nand PCIe M2 SSD - 500 GB SSD - 240 GB SSD - 4 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD - MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB Gaming GPU - Samsung SMART 4K 50" TV as Monitor - TM Warthog HOTAS + 3 x TM Cougar MFD's - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Occulus Rift CV1

Ok, getting a teeny bit frustrated now?

Took your advice and copied all the unpacked Nevada.zip into the Mods\Terrain\Nevada folder in Open Alpha 2 folder.

Opened DCS 2.0 Open Alpha. Said No terrain or aircraft installed but module manager showed all my purchased aircraft and purchased Nevada terrain were available for Install.

Updater/Installer started and all aircraft files downloaded very quick and installed.

When it got to Nevada terrain yet again it began downloading the torrent files from ED servers, all 27 GB of it???

Did i waste 18 hours downloading Nevada.zip? See screenshots of my folders and DCS 2.0 interface messages.

Also, it is not even showing in the interface that i purchased Nevada terrain & 2.0 bizarrely!! I bloody did!

Any help much appreciated, i'm not getting any younger?

Cheers. ;-)

no%20theatres%20installed%20dcs%202.jpg

folders%20dcs%202%20alpha%20nevada%20terrain.jpg

my%20dcs%202%20interface.jpg

terrain%20not%20installed.jpg

aircraft%20mods%20installed.jpg

Edited by minimi66

Ok, thanks.

Can you give me the syntax for that?

Got it!

Well, ran repair from Start Menu Open Alpha menu item, no joy, still no Nevada terrain

Tried running "DCS_updater.exe" repair" from Command Prompt in \bin folder of Open Alpha folder.

Neither worked, still no Nevada terrain, checked DCS account, still showing as paid for etc.

What next to try i wonder?

Really guys, i LOVE this sim, i really do but 2 days of downloading etc and all this effort from a lot of good people and i still can't get a flight up in Nevada?

Nothing should be this difficult?

Am tempted to just take the pain and re-download the whole Nevada file set through the official servers. Doesn't look like the torrent route has worked for this callsign?

Any ideas, let me know? Commencing re-download, if it will let me?

Lol!!

Lol! Nope, Updater doesn't even give option to download through ED servers anymore?

And Nevada not showing up in Module Manager as an option to either buy or install?

WTF?

Logged in and out of account iin DCS 2.0 several times and re-started sim also several times.

What is the official means of contacting ED direct with a customer support enquiry? This is beyond a joke now?

Trouble ticket sent from DCS main site?

Lol! Nope, Updater doesn't even give option to download through ED servers anymore?

And Nevada not showing up in Module Manager as an option to either buy or install?

WTF?

Logged in and out of account iin DCS 2.0 several times and re-started sim also several times.

What is the official means of contacting ED direct with a customer support enquiry? This is beyond a joke now?

Try moving or renaming (not copy, not delete) the entire Mods\terrains\Nevada folder and then run the updater or check the Module Manager (under "Avalable DLC") to see if you can kickstart the download again.

With that said, this is an ALPHA release, so don't expect ANYTHING to go smoothly!

Also, nobody should expect any support for anything but the official update route (that means if you downloaded any of the unofficial torrents of the Nevada map, you should not expect help, but it might be that someone provides an answer).

Those who seed any of the unofficial torrents should stop doing that and get onboard with seeding the official torrents in the first post of this thread instead. It will help people get NTTR faster via the official channel, and the forum won't be flooded with questions that ED can't and won't answer.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I hadn't tried that but i now have done. It's now activated with my license key but still not showing up as an option to either buy or install.

Thanks v much for trying to help though? This is now surreal!

Hi,

I hadn't tried that but i now have done. It's now activated with my license key but still not showing up as an option to either buy or install.

Thanks v much for trying to help though? This is now surreal!

Sent you a PM!

Maximus VI Hero

780Ti 2-way SLI

16GB 2X8GB 1866mhz G.Skill Ripjaws Z

Samsung 850 Pro SSDs

3 Benq XL2720Z monitors in surround

TrackIR 5

Windows 10 Pro

HOTAS Warthog

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

The list goes on..

Ok, getting a teeny bit frustrated now?

Took your advice and copied all the unpacked Nevada.zip into the Mods\Terrain\Nevada folder in Open Alpha 2 folder.

Opened DCS 2.0 Open Alpha. Said No terrain or aircraft installed but module manager showed all my purchased aircraft and purchased Nevada terrain were available for Install.

Updater/Installer started and all aircraft files downloaded very quick and installed.

When it got to Nevada terrain yet again it began downloading the torrent files from ED servers, all 27 GB of it???

Did i waste 18 hours downloading Nevada.zip? See screenshots of my folders and DCS 2.0 interface messages.

Also, it is not even showing in the interface that i purchased Nevada terrain & 2.0 bizarrely!! I bloody did!

Any help much appreciated, i'm not getting any younger?

Cheers. ;-)

no%20theatres%20installed%20dcs%202.jpg

folders%20dcs%202%20alpha%20nevada%20terrain.jpg

my%20dcs%202%20interface.jpg

terrain%20not%20installed.jpg

Dont know if you saw the PM, change the 'Terrain' folder name to 'terrains'.

Maximus VI Hero

780Ti 2-way SLI

16GB 2X8GB 1866mhz G.Skill Ripjaws Z

Samsung 850 Pro SSDs

3 Benq XL2720Z monitors in surround

TrackIR 5

Windows 10 Pro

HOTAS Warthog

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

The list goes on..