Simple head tracking question

Hello everybody,

Just one question, since I couldn't find in the forum an english reply for this.

does newview works with lock on 1.12a ? or I will have to use the movements as mouse ?

does cam2pan works with lockon using the mouse? or it can work using the il2 mode?

best regards

Galgaze

Hello everybody,

Just one question, since I couldn't find in the forum an english reply for this.

does newview works with lock on 1.12a ? or I will have to use the movements as mouse ?

does cam2pan works with lockon using the mouse? or it can work using the il2 mode?

best regards

Galgaze

Cam2Pan is enough, it works directly with LO.

but I tryed and It didin't, as a matter of fact the cam2pan manufacturers says that in order to work with LOMAC you must use newview.

The thing is that I don't want to use the mouse, if it has a native tracking mode

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I didn't see the point in starting a completely new one as there are already so many of these.

OK, I have the full version of Cam2Pan 2.0.9, Newview 36 and Lock On 1.02 (soon to be Lock On 1.12a, once my disk arrives). I tried Cam2Pan in 1.01 using the cockpit mouse and I found it much easier than using my hat switch. The problem came when I installed 1.02 and cockpit mouse option disappeared. I tried editing the cockpit.lua to read CockpitMouse = true but as soon as I changed anything on my joystick I immediately lost internal and external views using my mouse. To this day I have to use the hat switch for internal and external views.

Then I found an option in Cam2Pan that lets you run Cam2Pan in FB/Lock On mode. Great I thought, so I set NewView up according to these instructions. I then started Cam2Pan, selected "FB/Lock On" from the Cursor/Panning dropdown list. Lastly, I started up Lock On, began a quick flight, then hit my button to enable Helmet Mode. I moved my head around and still nothing.

Anybody any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I've searched and searched and found what look like answers yet they are not working for me.

Cheers

P.S. No "Buy a TrackIR" answers please. I know it's miles better but it is simply too expensive for me.

P.P.S Does Flaming Cliffs allow you to use Cockpit Mouse unlike 1.02?

FoxOnesigversion3.jpg