DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Map Installation Discussion

Thanks man. There's no place on the board to write any criticisms so I'll give up.
Criticism is allowed if you follow the board rules. If your criticism is unfounded, don't be so hurt when someone calls you out on it.

More on topic I guess... Anyone know if the red flag's are dropping with the map or after the alpha?
No. Wags mentioned that it would be a few more days of testing before we get those.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6800XT

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I try to log into module manager it logs in but says:

"FAILED TO RETRIEVE DATA

An error occurred while receiving data, try later."

Could be that the servers are getting hammered. Have you tried the command line approach?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6800XT

INFO : basedir: C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\

INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openbeta

INFO : DCS/1.5.1.47285.107

ERROR: Unknown module NEVADA

Because NEVADA is a) NEVADA_terrain b) DCS 2.0+ only

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Use this command line

dcs_updater.exe install NEVADA_terrain

Nate

Is there a command that does install all modules at once? I don't want to start DCS thousands of times now until everything is installed one by one at these speeds... could have up to 12MByte/s, but nay...

ir4b99m9.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yeah it seems some people still don't get that 1.5 can't be updated to 2.0. There is a stand-alone 2.0 client that you need to install, Nevada won't work on 1.5!

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hey guys, while trying to DL via the command, I get "Timed out was reached". Any ideas?

That's the log:

INFO : Got reply from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Conection to server 'srv2.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Timeout was reached

ERROR: srv2.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com replied HTTP -1

ERROR: Timeout was reached

Same for me. Server is probably more than busy...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

I think we have a server overload. i cannot get connection with update servers and loggin in anymore. :)

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Am I the only one getting "ERROR: Unknown module NEVADA_terrain" ?

=== Log opened UTC 2015-11-30 16:28:06

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.4.30 (Windows NT 6.2.9200; Win64; en-US)

INFO : cmdline: "C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" --apply install NEVADA

INFO : basedir: C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\

INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openbeta

INFO : DCS/1.5.1.47285.107 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,KA-50,FC3,MIG-15BIS,A-10C,UH-1H,MI-8MTV2,P-51D,F-86F,CA,MIG-21BIS,SU27-ULTIMATE_campaign,VEAO_HAWK,L-39,FC3_video_EN)

INFO : branch: openbeta

INFO : Got reply from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

INFO : Got reply from srv3.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Unknown module NEVADA

Looks like you're trying to use the comm line in the Beta not 2.0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

I think their update servers are currently unable to respond to all download requests for the module and so on. That's why so many people can't login or have a TimeOut error from the update server when they try to DL the modules.

Yeah but what realy pisses off is that i downloaded everything than updater will install a small update file and this is now broken because of everybody want to install now.

go back to justcause 3

SFMBE

Dang I was an early one to start the download this morning too, all went well with that just after installation now no modules available or terrain.

Is there some way to get that prompt to come up in module manager showing the purchased modules available to install? Had not problem at all with 1.5 in doing this.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index|

Is there a command that does install all modules at once? I don't want to start DCS thousands of times now until everything is installed one by one...

bin\DCS_updater.exe install update_id_1 update_id_2 ...

like in

bin\DCS_updater.exe install A-10C NEVADA_terrain

It is not very optimized atm, it will install modules one by one. Will be better to DL and install all at once, at least with torrents, but it's handy nonetheless.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

I'm still getting 1MB/s, from 26 gigs...thats roughly 26,000 seconds...about 7 hours from now...

And then:pilotfly:

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.