DCS : Su-27S

ekg

• 2 weeks later...
when they made the 3d cockpits for the su-25a, su27 and mig29, they must of put in the "skeletons" or like the absolute basics or whatever the programming/animation talk is to one day make the switches working for a future clickable cockpit, at least i would hope

If you look at the cockpit in the model viewer, there are arguments and animation for many of the switches etc.

Cheers.

If you look at the cockpit in the model viewer, there are arguments and animation for many of the switches etc.

only f-15c has, others do not

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Is there any info if the Russian MoD can give the Su-27S a green light?

dont think ED ( or rather Matt) would have posted this when retracting their intial statement about making a su27SM, if they didnt feel confident that Su27S would be possible.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

dont think ED ( or rather Matt) would have posted this when retracting their intial statement about making a su27SM, if they didnt feel confident that Su27S would be possible.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

Look at the date. It's 2013. Almost four years ago. In the meantime several new laws were enacted in Russia, which I can't go into more detail here on the forum, so as not to break any forum rules. Suffice to say that it is almost impossible for Eagle Dynamics to now develop and publish any new module of a jet that is still in service with the Russian airforce. Even if it does get permission from the MoD.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

only f-15c has, others do not

I just checked.

If you load the release version of the Su-27 cockpit in the model viewer & select play animations, pretty much everything moves.

The Su-25 doesn't, but the Su-27 does, and it's the Su-27 we're talking here...

• Like 1

Cheers.

Look at the date. It's 2013. Almost four years ago. In the meantime several new laws were enacted in Russia, which I can't go into more detail here on the forum, so as not to break any forum rules. Suffice to say that it is almost impossible for Eagle Dynamics to now develop and publish any new module of a jet that is still in service with the Russian airforce. Even if it does get permission from the MoD.

or maybe because ED has ther priorites, and they cant do everything at once.. you realize that since then both DCS 2.0, straight of hormuz and even the F/A18C were in development righ? as well as planned 2.5 integration,? They are obviously busy and have to with these and other things, and need to get them out of the way. I would not expect any news of a next fully fledged module ( be it Su27S or even something else) from ED until F/A18C is not just released, but entirely out of early access.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I just checked.

If you load the release version of the Su-27 cockpit in the model viewer & select play animations, pretty much everything moves.

The Su-25 doesn't, but the Su-27 does, and it's the Su-27 we're talking here...

Yep even the EKRAN has some life.

Su-33 is the same story - is also being replaced currently by new MiG-29K so perhaps there's hope there?

MiG-29 cockpit isn't fully animated despite being one of the newer ones.

or maybe because ED has ther priorites, and they cant do everything at once.. you realize that since then both DCS 2.0, straight of hormuz and even the F/A18C were in development righ? as well as planned 2.5 integration,? They are obviously busy and have to with these and other things, and need to get them out of the way. I would not expect any news of a next fully fledged module ( be it Su27S or even something else) from ED until F/A18C is not just released, but entirely out of early access.

Im sure that ED is working on something. We are not going to hear what exactly until it is close to release. To avoid the F18 situation. However I think that "something" is not a Russian active service jet.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Im sure that ED is working on something. We are not going to hear what exactly until it is close to release. To avoid the F18 situation. However I think that "something" is not a Russian active service jet.

yes you can think? but untill ED annouces what that next module and/ or states they will cancel plans for su27s or a Mig29A/G I would not discount them being developed by ED or a potential 3rd party.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• 2 weeks later...
Based on what I read on wikipedia it seems that the Su-27S is still in active service? Can anyone confirm? If so then this project won't come to fruition for who knows how many years...

Not sure if Su-27 in the list means the S variant. They specify SM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Air_Force#Organisation

The SM is a drasticially modernized Varaint of the Su27S, which was undertaken in the 2000s.

Su27S what we have in DCS is in essense of 1980s cold war vintage. pre russian federation.

the Su27SM Has R77 capability, and much modernized avionics. It has a fully glass pit ( colour Multi function displays) , proper RWR ( comparable to western ones unlike the bad Joke that are the SPO10 and even the SPO 15 are) multirole role capability with precision guided munitions, and others stuff. making it look comparable to american 4th gen fighters after thier early 2000s Mid life updates. There have also been updates to the Su27SM like SM1,SM3 etc since then.

IMG_2744_sm.jpg

397997.jpg

Compared to Original Su27S as we know from FC3

Xvsqq7b.jpg

SM wont happen but it wouldn't Discount cold war Soviet era 4th gen like the mig29A or the Su27S.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Based on what I read on wikipedia it seems that the Su-27S is still in active service? Can anyone confirm? If so then this project won't come to fruition for who knows how many years...

Not sure if Su-27 in the list means the S variant. They specify SM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Air_Force#Organisation

SU-27P/S is still used, Krymsk airbase houses a squadron of SU-27S alongside SM3. If you remember a few days ago SU-27S "RED 94" intercepted US bombers in the Baltic.

Suffice to say that it is almost impossible for Eagle Dynamics to now develop and publish any new module of a jet that is still in service with the Russian airforce. Even if it does get permission from the MoD.

Something like the SU-27M may be a away around it since it never entered service. And a lot of the SM's improvements were taken from the SU-27M anyway

The SM is a drasticially modernized Varaint of the Su27S, which was undertaken in the 2000s.

Su27S what we have in DCS is in essense of 1980s cold war vintage. pre russian federation.

the Su27SM Has R77 capability, and much modernized avionics. It has a fully glass pit ( colour Multi function displays) , proper RWR ( comparable to western ones unlike the bad Joke that are the SPO10 and even the SPO 15 are) multirole role capability with precision guided munitions, and others stuff. making it look comparable to american 4th gen fighters after thier early 2000s Mid life updates. There have also been updates to the Su27SM like SM1,SM3 etc since then.

IMG_2744_sm.jpg

397997.jpg

Compared to Original Su27S as we know from FC3

Xvsqq7b.jpg

SM wont happen but it wouldn't Discount cold war Soviet era 4th gen like the mig29A or the Su27S.

Wow, that cockpit is so darn cool. DCS Su-27S or SM would make DCS great again :D

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze