DCS : Su-27S

ekg

I'd like to open a thread for a DCS Level Su-27. First, to see what sort of demand this project would have and second, whether ED can implement it (assuming manpower not being an issue since they are busy now :) ).

From what I've read it seems that getting a more modern version of the Su-27 the SM variant is not possible because there is not enough information available for a full fidelity model. Given this reality I think many of us would, for lack of a better word, settle for a DCS Level Su-27S. I'm hoping this is a feasible project since a PFM already exists and basic systems are implemented in the FC3 version. I think that it would be fair to have this as a stand alone module priced similarly to the A-10C and Ka-50 modules.

After having gotten into some of the DCS level modules I can say that I likely won't be playing any of the FC level planes much more. However the Su-27 is one of my favourite planes and I would really want to see it modelled to full fidelity.

I'd like to hear from ED what there thoughts are on this as well as the community. Hopefully this is possible. In addition if we can show that there is enough demand for such that it is a worthwhile investment for ED then we might actually see this happen.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU WANT THIS MODULE OR ARE ON THE ED TEAM. IF YOU WANT TO DEBATE THAT MODERN CLASSIFIED PLANES ARE THE ONLY THING WORTH YOUR MONEY THEN MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD OR GO TO THIS RELATED TOPIC: SU-27S Or SM

Edited by ekg
  • Like 1

HELL YES!!!!

I'll pay any price. No, seriously, any price.

More sensible answer: 100% agree that this would be a great module to have. It's where everything started after all.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Here's a poll that was started not too long ago ...

http://forums.eagle.ru/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1074

I missed that thread. In any case I think this one is still valid since I think Su-27S is the only realistic DCS level module we can expect any time soon. And by soon I mean 2-3 years but hopefully faster if there is enough demand. I think more modern variants like Su-27SM or Su-35 would certainly be better but are unfortunately pipe dreams given the reality when it comes to making a publicly available simulator.

I WANT THIS MODULE

a more modern version of the Su-27 the SM variant is not possible because there is not enough information available for a full fidelity model.

I always wonder where these statements are coming, and whether they are true. Seems like the community takes them as "gospel", but how did this come to be?

Even with the A-10's systems and sensors, ED is emulating, rather than simulating, classified aspects. The same can be done by ED with an Russian jet.

What's important to me is to gradually upgrade existing FC3 and other modules as they are in real life, considering the constraints mentioned above.

I mentioned that before, but sadly when you buy an ED module, you're getting a snapshot of that plane in a particular time frame, and a particular variant, that doesn't change at all. Frozen in time - forever (not talking about bug fixes and AFM/PFM/EFM, but sensors, systems, in-cockpit stuff). I would love to throw more money at ED (and 3rd party devs) if they could keep their variants a little bit more up-to-date.

A modular approach comes to mind, where ED could "plug in" additional sensors and systems, and - again - I would gladly pay for those modular upgrades of existing variants.

Recent footage from Russian planes in Syria show how our beloved Su-25s and other planes have come in terms of systems and sensors, and we're still lagging wayyyy behind in that regard.

Again, if classified info isn't available, "emulate, don't simulate". :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Maybe put a question mark in the title for now to save people getting to excited ;) I'm sure mos of us would love to see one however.

Done... Well not really only changed OP icon :)

Edited by ekg

Yes yes yes yes yes! I want a high fidelity Flanker!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

yes would be nice in a long run its just as shame russia seems to be much more restrictive about tech information. Meanhwile you can find most of necessary info on jets like the F16C block 50 and the F15E on the net.

ED at one point wanted to do a more modernized version of the su27/ mig29, but the gov didnt approve.

this was improtant for the SU27 to get a version that actually fired R77s.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I welcome all western jets especially looking forward to the european ones. Meanwhile dcs runs the risk of loosing imersion if Ed or 3rd part dont create more eastern jets. Personally I enjoy both east and Western jets/helicopters. So I want the best from both worlds.

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I've played with the Su-27 recently again. Nice updates by ED! But this really needs a clickable cockpit. Badly.

While flying it is fun and the FM is high fidelity it just lacks that precision that I get to experience in modules like the M-2000C or the MiG-21bis.

I really hope that ED will start work on this after the F-18 is out.

I would definitely buy a free standing Su-27 module with clickable cockpit and all the features. Something on the level of the A-10C would be nice.

I would also buy a MiG-29 free standing module. And I wouldn't mind the Su-24M, either.

If they turned some of the AI helicopters into modules I wouldn't mind either.

But yeah, a full treatment Su-27 would be great!

:thumbup:

This would be a day 1 buy for me. If you think about it, the PFM is completed, the model is completed, and the cockpit is completed minus the screens. Although it's a lot of work including all the switches, I believe that it would be an excellent opponent for all the complex Western fighters in the works at the moment.

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia

This would be a day 1 buy for me. If you think about it, the PFM is completed, the model is completed, and the cockpit is completed minus the screens. Although it's a lot of work including all the switches, I believe that it would be an excellent opponent for all the complex Western fighters in the works at the moment.

when they made the 3d cockpits for the su-25a, su27 and mig29, they must of put in the "skeletons" or like the absolute basics or whatever the programming/animation talk is to one day make the switches working for a future clickable cockpit, at least i would hope

a asm Su-27S this would pretty much be *the* dcs plane i would fly... pls ed

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

I would love to see a ASM PFM DCS Su-27S made by ED and introduced with a map covering aerial operations in the Second Congo War or the Eritrean–Ethiopian War. I would be really interested in a fictional or semi-historic mercinary campaign, also. :thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

• 1 year later...

I'd like to bump this again. The Su-27 is one of my favourite aircraft, and as others have stated before: it would be good for DCS to have more full-fidelity Russian planes.

It would be an instant-buy for me! :D

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

instant buy for everyone :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hopefully ED considers making this after the F/A-18. Does anyone know if there is enough information on the S variant of the Su-27 to make this possible? We can't have this module without it. It's somewhat ambiguous as to whether this can actually be done or not counting the manpower required for it. Would be nice to know.