Ka-50 technology videos, 29 June 2006

• ED Team
oh it will be really looong procedure to take off

There is an option for a "hot start", as well as "cold start" for those averse to pressing buttons!

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching that weapons system demo I'm kinda affraid that missions in Ka-50 will be just extremaly boring. Notice how ground units don't react to anything. One of them was just blown up, and the rest just sits there and waits to be killed, instead of moving for better cover, drop smoke or whatever... change its location, and also localize where the threat is comming from and fire whatever they got in that direction.

they are "switched off" in that demonstration.

don't worry, ground units will keep you busy all the time ;)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

OMG after fliping all those switches to crash at take off would be a realy shame wouldn't be? We will do it gladly! :megalol:

And this picture on battlesim is interesting a10n.jpg :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wow. Really awsome. I really like how the AP rounds bounce off the APC, really cool.

One think is bothering me though. At some point in the demo the user set the cannon rounds to AP (I suppose the other option is HE). How is this done in the real Ka-50? If the MG is belt fed then does it unload the HE belt to load the AP one? or are rounds individually dropped or something into the gun so that you just change the type of round to drop?

This has nothing to do with the demo (which is awsome) just want to know how it is in the real thing.

• ED Team

You are right. There are two type of ammo - HE and AP.

The 2A42 cannon have a two belt feed.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Wow. Really awsome. I really like how the AP rounds bounce off the APC, really cool.

One think is bothering me though. At some point in the demo the user set the cannon rounds to AP (I suppose the other option is HE). How is this done in the real Ka-50? If the MG is belt fed then does it unload the HE belt to load the AP one? or are rounds individually dropped or something into the gun so that you just change the type of round to drop?

This has nothing to do with the demo (which is awsome) just want to know how it is in the real thing.

2A42 autocannon loaded with two belts, AP and HE. Pilot just switching the feeding mechanics. M242 Bushmaster has similar two-belts loading system.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

OMG after fliping all those switches to crash at take off would be a realy shame wouldn't be? We will do it gladly! :megalol:

And this picture on battlesim is interesting a10n.jpg :joystick:

A10 gets an upgrade:sorcerer: hopefully a clickable mfd!

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Hummm.... A-10C cockpit. Could it be??? Bigger question - Will it and LGB's make it into LOBS?

Answer to your question: No. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

After watching that weapons system demo I'm kinda affraid that missions in Ka-50 will be just extremaly boring. Notice how ground units don't react to anything. One of them was just blown up, and the rest just sits there and waits to be killed, instead of moving for better cover, drop smoke or whatever... change its location, and also localize where the threat is comming from and fire whatever they got in that direction.

they are "switched off" in that demonstration.

don't worry, ground units will keep you busy all the time ;)

Thank you for this reply, Dmut. That's sounds tempting. I nail you down to your promise :thumbup:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Anyone else find it amusing that the ABRIS system has more functionality than the current ME?? Stuff like naming individual waypoints, drawing FLOT lines, etc . . . these are things that would be really nice to have in the ME. So it looks like the more advanced mission design will need to be done while airborne--but only if you happen to be flying in the Ka-50 . . .

ED is sooo weird!! They can make such an unbelievably advanced FM and now avionics, yet things like a logical GUI and Mission Editor that every $5 game has they can barely manage . . . :cry:

Sorry about the negativity, just been a bit frustrated with Lock-on lately . . .

• Like 1

Anyone else find it amusing that the ABRIS system has more functionality than the current ME?? Stuff like naming individual waypoints, drawing FLOT lines, etc . . . these are things that would be really nice to have in the ME. So it looks like the more advanced mission design will need to be done while airborne--but only if you happen to be flying in the Ka-50 . . .

ED is sooo weird!! They can make such an unbelievably advanced FM and now avionics, yet things like a logical GUI and Mission Editor that every $5 game has they can barely manage . . . :cry:

Sad but kind of true...

Regarding the vids: Holy Sh*t !

yeah.....I totally understand this issue with the ME. It is soo annoying to place objects in the map. If only we can get a 3d ME. We can know how the objects placed on the maps show up.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

What a very poorly designed cockpit, in my opinion...

And before you all start shouting at me, I mean the real thing, not the implementation :)

Might just be me, be I thought the Russian designers might have put a little more thought into the cockpit, for example the light switches... they were hidden around everywhere, I expected them to the clustered in a "lights section", like they are on Boeings etc, not slapped around randomly on different panels.

But I guess Russian pits arn't know for their pilot friendly status. There were a few other switches plastered around which I thought.. hmm that is very very close to the unrelated and dangerous switch to the side of of, could be nasty hitting that in a combat situation.

Still very very good implementation by ED... only problem is, I want it more... Good work.

Yep, the cockpit ergonomics aren't that good ... you might want to look around - this sort of things has been downing planes and killing crews since WW2, when for example, flap and gear levers on bombers were right next to each other ... might see a bomber on aproach suddenly retract gear or flaps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What three switches are there for the ejection system? I think one is for the blade jettison, other for the top hatch, and last one is for the rocket on the seat. Or maybe there are some control systems.

Remember, this is a military chopper, lights are not really a priority, but such things as the gun rate and ammo type switches are a bit, strange, but remember, in lockon you have 1 eye, in real life probably 2, so you can look past the stick. The HUD looks superb, like a real HUD unit, where you don't have to focus your eyes on the info displayed. Will the right hatch be jettisonable as well? (saw the handle). And will it be possible to just run the engines (I know it has an APU) without powering the rotors?

I want to jetison the right window to be able to see, and hear the autocannon firing. Minimum burst length is 10 rounds, right?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: