Hawk Radio Test - November 2015

Ells228

25-Nov-2015

Development of the radios and communications menu within DCS.

In this video I show talking to the ground crew, ATC and wingmen.

We are still having a few issues which we are working through but I thought it would be good to show we are working on it and it's mostly working.

Current issues are:

DCS recognising the RPM of the EFM engine - This is preventing the ATC thinking that we have spooled up so it won't grant "taxi-out" or "approach on landing" commands.

Constant static when the plane spawns when opening a second (or third, fourth, etc.) mission.

This is the first step and we will then tie it into the Hawk radio panels.

Of course it goes without saying that it's work-in-progress and as soon as it's working 100% we will get it to you.

Flight model is EFM and engine sounds are disabled in this video for my jet (development build).

Thanks,

Chris.

[ame]https://youtu.be/n3aaOyYTpEI[/ame]

Current issues are:

DCS recognising the RPM of the EFM engine - This is preventing the ATC thinking that we have spooled up so it won't grant "taxi-out" or "approach on landing" commands.

Isn't development fun? Little things like that that you wouldn't imagine causing a problem in a million years.:P

Great to see progress Chris, will you be able to radio in our Nandos order? :)

Sorry, it's only tuned to Starbucks ;)

Isn't development fun? Little things like that that you wouldn't imagine causing a problem in a million years.:P

Yup, welcome to my daily life lol