New Installer painfully slow

Thank you for the reports, guys.

We have to do some changes to the torrents, because it seems like only update downloads tend to stall. Installing full modules works blazingly fast.

I've temporarily disabled the torrents until we rework things a bit.

1035 MB downloaded.

20 peers, 0.0 KB/s up, 0.0 KB/s down

It has taken me over 24 hrs just to get that far.. So now I will have to kill it and start again??? another 24hrs?? or will you open it back up soon.

What do the guys do that were 1/2 through that pain when you disabled the torrennt?

Please advice.

Thanks

O_Smiladon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Do yourselves a favour, CANCEL the download and you will be offered an alternative download via FTP... :)

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I wonder how long it's going to take to download NTTR lol

Well as c0ff said, there seems to be a problem with the update-Torrents. I guess once that problem's fixed, it'll be a lot faster than HTTP, because this really is a showcase example for BitTorrent use. :thumbup:

• ED Team
What do the guys do that were 1/2 through that pain when you disabled the torrennt?

I disabled the torrents as the default route of the updater. Our seeds keep working as usual.

You may cancel the update and it will ask you to use HTTP.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

The new installer released today uses bittorrent to download the patch, however It is painfully slow, No doubt it will improve as more people download the update and seed, currently at 60 peers and 0.5kB/s . Seems like a step backwards at the moment.

I realize the topic is about speed, but my MalwareBytes Anti_Malware repeatedly flagged the download as being malicious. I cancelled the installation and opted instead to download via http://

The offending IP# was 195.2.253.172 , location was Moscow.

It took 10 minutes to download using Time-Warner cable internet. I have the fastest download speed they offer in my area.

At least keep the alternate installation process as an option.

I do not download anything using bit torrent. You guys are going to lose a fan! I truly love the sim, but I don't love it that much.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

how do u use ip address instead of http url, and which file should be editor ?

thanks

my speed just 25kb/s...already 20 hours...:cry:

I realize the topic is about speed, but my MalwareBytes Anti_Malware repeatedly flagged the download as being malicious. I cancelled the installation and opted instead to download via http://

The offending IP# was 195.2.253.172 , location was Moscow.

It took 10 minutes to download using Time-Warner cable internet. I have the fastest download speed they offer.

At least keep the alternate installation process as an option.

I do not download anything using bit torrent. You guys are going to lose a fan! I truly love the sim, but I don't love it that much.

Yup. Malwarebytes pro user here, and every connection comes up as suspect and blocked.

If I turn it off, the speed is as low as 4kB/s and would take days for the 2.4GB to download.

Switching back to HTTP and the update took a couple of hours, at 1,3MB/s. These days (since the 1.5OB was first released) all my updates have been 1.3MB/s over HTTP.

Before it I used to get 9.1MB/s and the updates took no more than a few minutes. I'm on FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) at 75MB/s.

The new system is badly flawed, but the 'old' one has got very much worse, too. My Google and Cloud downloads are still at top speed, so it isn't a problem this end.

I am really dreading the 20+GB NTTR download. (for comparison, the complete P3Dv2/3 downloads take 35 minutes in total)

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I have install the World 1.5 from the Download Page today, but the Updater started by installing the Moduls?!

DCS Updater 2.6.4.30 => very poor data transfer!

Peers: 19

Up: 190 KB/s

Down: 0.0 KB/s

what's going on there?

m2b1, In case you didn't know, "DCS Updater" is the "DCS_Updater.exe" not the DCS update itself. The updater has seen a few updates recently, I think the last one was to improve the updating method largely being discussed here.

As for the slow Update download, I thought that had been fixed but as many posts above have said, if you see the update being d/loaded using 'Peer's, Cancel it and say yes to the nest message "shall we use http method instead?" or words to that effect.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

After 4 hours, download I canceled the transfer.

I switched tp HTTP downloding. After 2 hours, the update was complete. Now running DCS 1.5 again. The modules now I could also install again.

Just funny because I had just downloaded the installation files from the website.

OMG it is all still painfully slow.

The Torrent download is barely over 100 KB/s and even HTML (or whatever it is) is only 36 KB/s.

I'm thinking the full release will be available by the time I have the Alpha and Mods installed !!

Good thing I'm retired ! ;)

SnowTiger:joystick:

Well, I was racing through the download @ between 4-8MB/s until it got to 1124.0 of 1124.6MBytes, then, apparently, my download was deemed finished, because the down-rate went to 0.0KB/s and has stayed there the last half hour.

Well, as soon as I had written this paragraph, it's now up to 5.0KB/s (Whooooooooooooohoo, I'm THERE! .... erhm. Not).

What's up with that?

Was downloading NTTR... Suddenly it stopped with an error. And it wouldn' t restart the download. Had to uninstall 2.0 and restart download from scratch.

Nice update ED. Sad we can not test it...

I7 4790k, Asus Z97 Deluxe, 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 2x SDDs Samsung 850 pro & Sandisk Extreme Pro, 1 HDD Samsung, Hotas Warthog with Sahaj' s 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Track IR 5, Wheelstand Pro, CH MFP, Logitech G13.

Was downloading NTTR... Suddenly it stopped with an error. And it wouldn' t restart the download. Had to uninstall 2.0 and restart download from scratch.

Nice update ED. Sad we can not test it...

Hey, there are many reasons why you're experiencing what you're experiencing, and many of them have nothing to do with ED. You'll have it soon enough, just add a little more patience and you'll be good to go. ;)

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Well, it seems I am not the only one. Providing a way to download update without trouble is up to ED. Would you disagree?

EDIT: Downloaded 2.0, now I can't connect to server to get NTTR...NICE!!

Edited by ElGringo

I7 4790k, Asus Z97 Deluxe, 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 2x SDDs Samsung 850 pro & Sandisk Extreme Pro, 1 HDD Samsung, Hotas Warthog with Sahaj' s 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Track IR 5, Wheelstand Pro, CH MFP, Logitech G13.

Well, I was racing through the download @ between 4-8MB/s until it got to 1124.0 of 1124.6MBytes, then, apparently, my download was deemed finished, because the down-rate went to 0.0KB/s and has stayed there the last half hour.

Well, as soon as I had written this paragraph, it's now up to 5.0KB/s (Whooooooooooooohoo, I'm THERE! .... erhm. Not).

What's up with that?

Same here, apparently the last 500 kB are the hardest.:doh: