Rebuilding a Gametrix 908 seat...

I just got me a Gametrix 908 vibrator seat. Very cool gadget! However, it didn't fit my home made simpit especially well. In fact, it was quite uncomfortable. What do you do? You rebuild it to fit your needs! Do this on your own risk! Be careful! Don't blame me if you fail, should you want to try this..!

The patient, ready for surgery.

PB215035_zpsywtsjrjt.jpg

This clip must be removed

PB215036_zps8qlhgrad.jpg

This is what a Gametrix seat looks like on the inside. Viewed from the back.

Do NOT forget to mark the vibrators for correct positioning! You don't want to swap sides! I numbered mine, and made a simple drawing of their position. Also keep in mind if you're working on the seat from the backside or the front.

PB215037_zpsgz6rt3my.jpg

This is what a vibrator motor looks like

PB215039_zpsltbf9cqh.jpg

The vibrators and controller board removed from the seat cushion.PB215040_zpsfpiozcmk.jpg

I made a new seat cushion from 12mm foam and cut holes for the vibrators and controller board. I then glued 6mm foam to its back.

PB215042_zpsa9tw2koe.jpg

Here's the new seat cushion with the electronics. This time seen from the front.

I taped everything to the foam using ductape.

PB215043_zpsmvjjsi4b.jpg

Next step was to glue a 20mm softfoam board over the electronics. I used a kind of self adhesive sound proofing foam that's available in most car supply stores. It has adhesive on one side, and aluminium foil on the other.

I also made a lumbar support cushion.

You can just barely make out the "lumps" from the vibrators in the picture.

PB225044_zpsbseghkh8.jpg

Lastly I glued another 6mm foam on top of the aluminum foil of the soft foam.

PB225045_zpswdoyfwcv.jpg

Here's a closeup of the whole "sandwich" :)

PB225046_zps0gr411fp.jpg

I have ordered faux alcantara on ebay. The same stuff I used for my home made simpit seat. I will make a "pouch" for the new seatcushion.

I have tested the new seat cushion, and some of you may have observed that I moved the vibrators somewhat. This is because of how my simpit seat is designed. With this arrangement I won't sit directly on a vibrator, but still feel the vibration... I think it's better this way.

Edited by Goblin
  • Like 1

Super project!

I really like it. :)

And it looks good too. :)

Look forward to hear your experience with it, how the vibration levels are etc.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• 1 year later...
nice work!

Thsi got me thinking - could you make a custom seat out of 2 gametrix seats for a total of 16 motors? Would the simshaker software know how to handle 2 seats connected into one pc? (not even sure it's necessary just curious.

I am wondering the same.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Nice Job, well done.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Wow very impressive!! My "Rebuild" was a mess of paracord attaching the jetseat to my chair.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Sorry for necroing, but I got a second-hand 901 in addition to my 908 and I am going to test the dual-setup today :-)

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat