Thrustmaster Flight HOTAS X problem

Hey guys, got problem with my stick. Im not sure if it collides with released update, but after few days of using it without problem. I started to experience strange behavior. My stick works fine when i jump into already started Hip, but when i begin mission with cold chopper, jouystick controls became dead. All collective, cyclic and pedals does not respond to any axe input. I tried fresh instal, joystick reinstal, nothing helps. Does anyone experieced this or do you guys have some suggestion? :helpsmilie: Game version is latest DCS 1.5beta patch

Mi8 pilot of [VODKA] squadron

Ok, when first engine begins to pressurize hydraulic systems it starts to respond. sorry for forum spamming, it just did not came to my mind, because even in cold heli it should be possible to still move stick around, right? :D thank you for help :)

Mi8 pilot of [VODKA] squadron

• 3 months later...

I've got the same problem. Cyclic, rudder and collective are not moving until the first engine is started. Neither by joystick nor keyboard input. Just checked that this is the case in DCS 1.5 and 2.0.

Of course, with systems off the input should have no effect. But at least they should move around (like in all other aircrafts).

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I've got the same problem. Cyclic, rudder and collective are not moving until the first engine is started. Neither by joystick nor keyboard input. Just checked that this is the case in DCS 1.5 and 2.0.

Of course, with systems off the input should have no effect. But at least they should move around (like in all other aircrafts).

No pressure in hydraulic system -> no movement.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

No pressure in hydraulic system -> no movement.

Curious as to why this should be... Is it physically impossible to move the controls? That would be quite special for the Mi-8 (e.g. for the Huey it is not true).

Also, in the manual it says that the very first step in the startup procedure is to ensure that the controls are properly set, e.g. cyclic center, collective down.

How would that even be possible if one cannot move the cyclic and collective? :joystick:

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Curious as to why this should be... Is it physically impossible to move the controls? That would be quite special for the Mi-8 (e.g. for the Huey it is not true).

Also, in the manual it says that the very first step in the startup procedure is to ensure that the controls are properly set, e.g. cyclic center, collective down.

How would that even be possible if one cannot move the cyclic and collective? :joystick:

) Well, I really can't imagine how one will check the controls, but, I had an opportunity to sit in real Mi-8's cockpit, and I can ensure you, that it is really impossible to move the controls if there is no pressure in main or emergency hydraulc systems. The reason is, both hydraulic systems have engine driven pumps, and so, if the engine(s) is(are) not running, the pumps are not running, and so there won't be any pressure in hydraulic system. So no pressure -> no movement. So that is the reason.

P.S. sorry for my english

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Thanks Askerov24!

I guess people (like me) get confused, if the controls are not moving and the first thought is, that the axes are not properly configured or it is some kind of bug.

But with your explanation it makes much more sense now.

Thanks Askerov24!

I guess people (like me) get confused, if the controls are not moving and the first thought is, that the axes are not properly configured or it is some kind of bug.

But with your explanation it makes much more sense now.

;) You are welcome, yeap, I also was confused at first time, but then I figured out everything :)