Mirage 2000 EFM flight model upon release of Open Beta?

Wepar

Please forgive me for posting this as a new topic, but I'm simply having a hard time searching the forums for a concrete answer to my question for developers:

Will there be EFM included in the M2000 module upon the Open Beta release or not?

I saw videos with EFM implemented but I can't find the answer in the forums will it be included or not...

Please find few seconds to answer my question. I like Mirage very much and will probably pre-order it. If there is already a precise answer to this question somewhere on the forums, please direct me to it.

Thank you! :thumbup:

They mentioned that they hope to have it ready by the time it will be in open beta. From the last news we can asume that it will be available.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Please forgive me for posting this as a new topic, but I'm simply having a hard time searching the forums for a concrete answer to my question for developers:

Will there be EFM included in the M2000 module upon the Open Beta release or not?

I saw videos with EFM implemented but I can't find the answer in the forums will it be included or not...

Please find few seconds to answer my question. I like Mirage very much and will probably pre-order it. If there is already a precise answer to this question somewhere on the forums, please direct me to it.

Thank you! :thumbup:

SFM during beta, EFM at the end of the project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SFM during beta, EFM at the end of the project.

The latest dev comments sound more like we will get the EFM from the beginning of the beta.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As far as Wags said in his post about product Terms, EFM uses only parts of the criteria necessarry to declare the FM as an PFM. Whats left would be up to the 3rd party Developers. Anyone know if the EFM is compareable to a ED PFM?

This terms are driving me crazy, don't understand what im saying by myself ^^

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An EFM can be compareable to ED PFM, but it doesn't has to. It depends on how well it's made. There are no specifications.

As far as I know it can be certified as PFM by ED if it's really well done and meets these high standards

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

An EFM can be compareable to ED PFM, but it doesn't has to. It depends on how well it's made. There are no specifications.

As far as I know it can be certified as PFM by ED if it's really well done and meets these high standards

That, in other words, is the same i said befor isnt it? :smilewink: My Question was if anyone has Information about the Level of FM we will get from RAZBAM and if it is comparable to the level we got used to by ED. We will see when its ready, but maybe someone has seen something that was droped and i just missed it u know?! :)

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Take a look at the Mirage video clips. The EFM will be in place on release, and from the looks of the clips, it will not disappoint.

I expect it will be very close to PFM if not equally as good. Only time will tell though, naturally.

I asume pretty much the same :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as Wags said in his post about product Terms, EFM uses only parts of the criteria necessarry to declare the FM as an PFM. Whats left would be up to the 3rd party Developers. Anyone know if the EFM is compareable to a ED PFM?

This terms are driving me crazy, don't understand what im saying by myself ^^

If I go by just this official post and not other things I've heard around the forums, the terms AFM and PFM refer specifically to proprietary flight model code used by ED. The product terms were not intended to be a level of certification for anyone, but more of a marketing tool for ED products. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

When it says that the EFM uses part of the PFM, it literally means that all EFMs use the same code for collision handling as PFMs. That is still not a certification of quality because it says nothing about the quality of the 3D collision model which is up to the third party dev to create.

An EFM can be as simple as an SFM, or as advanced as a PFM. If I wanted to, I could create an EFM that reads a SFM configuration file to use as the only parameters for the flight model. Similarly, I could hook my EFM up with the most advanced CFD techniques, but then I would have more than a hard time getting it to run in real-time. An EFM is a blank slate that allows the third party to do practically anything they can imagine, but it will never be a "PFM" regardless of how good it is because it does not use the propriety code that ED uses. In the end, how good it is matters more than what you call it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I go by just this official post and not other things I've heard around the forums, the terms AFM and PFM refer specifically to proprietary flight model code used by ED. The product terms were not intended to be a level of certification for anyone, but more of a marketing tool for ED products. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

When it says that the EFM uses part of the PFM, it literally means that all EFMs use the same code for collision handling as PFMs. That is still not a certification of quality because it says nothing about the quality of the 3D collision model which is up to the third party dev to create.

An EFM can be as simple as an SFM, or as advanced as a PFM. If I wanted to, I could create an EFM that reads a SFM configuration file to use as the only parameters for the flight model. Similarly, I could hook my EFM up with the most advanced CFD techniques, but then I would have more than a hard time getting it to run in real-time. An EFM is a blank slate that allows the third party to do practically anything they can imagine, but it will never be a "PFM" regardless of how good it is because it does not use the propriety code that ED uses. In the end, how good it is matters more than what you call it.

Agreed with everything.

For the rest of you guys, thank you very much for answering, but your information is not accurate. We are all assuming something, and none of us knows the right answer. I was trying to get a precise answer from developers or from someone who has read official post from developers about it, if such thing even exists.

Regarding the complexity of the story about FMs, I would not like this thread to go off-topic and discuss something that has been discussed over and over again.

Again, let me say thanks for your answers one more time!

I still don't know 100% sure will Mirage 2000 have EFM from vimeo and youtube videos upon release or not, so please, only answer if you have a reliable source of knowlege. Thanks for understanding. :thumbup:

As sombody says there should be a some sort of certificate from ED at some point of 3rd party module development, saying: That module reached realistic flight model same as our PFM.

Sombody should make a poll where the community will decide whether they want it or not.

I'm saying that becouse Mig-21 should have realistic flight model but now its totaly broken and have more to do with word "simple" than professional.

Allow me to say that the aircraft will come in open beta with an EFM. We stopped using the SFM nearly 4 weeks ago. There is no reason for us to release an open beta with a SFM when we are already using, and fine tuning, the EFM.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Allow me to say that the aircraft will come in open beta with an EFM. We stopped using the SFM nearly 4 weeks ago. There is no reason for us to release an open beta with a SFM when we are already using, and fine tuning, the EFM.

:thumbup:

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Excellent news. Even so, after the fiasco with C-101 and Hawk flight model delay, this time I will wait till is released and reviewed before buying.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

i will never understand those terms :P also knowing if a flight model is realistic involve ""comparision" against real world flight testing.

Well, yes, but that testing is available to us non-pilots in the form of pilot and historical reports, videos, data, etc.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

The Hawk and the CB101 were released with the unfamous SFM I have them but I wont fly them ( many are in the same dilemma ).. I have my hand to press on the buy button at the Eshop for the Mirage but waiting for the confirmation if it does come out Beta with the SFM or EFM ?

Fly it like you stole it..

Originally Posted by Zeus67 View Post

Ok I just saw the post above.. Thanks I just got the Mirage :)

Fly it like you stole it..