New to FC2

cve92

Welcome to IL2 Modern Battles!

To me IL2 and FC/Lockon/DCS have the same feel. And they are all great.

IL2 is more about engine management and FC2 more about system management, because of difference in era (1940s vs 1980ish).

But that is an oversimplification. Your IL2 skills will come in handy.

Fixed wing aircraft will be easier to fly in most respects. But combat is more lethal and it is harder to run from a fight. But now there is missile tactics also.

You can run yourself out of fuel more easily as well.

But I am rambling. Hope you have a great time.

Thanks for the replies. Let me first say I do have some flying experience but nothing military. My first question is the brakes. Coming from toe brakes I see you need to press the w key to brake. Does this put brakes full on, do you press w key off and on to modulate braking? in preparing to take off, how do you hold the aircraft while running up to mill power. I've tried searching the sight, utube, and net but can't find an answer. All I can find is about mapping the brake key. If someone could point me in the right direction. Again, thanks for the replies:)

When you press W, braking force will gradually (in maybe 1-2 sec) rise from 0 to 100% and vice versa. You control braking force pressing w key off and on.

For take off, you can press and hold W while you're adding the power.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

You have not discovered the "Axis" selection in the options for each aircraft! Go in to options, select the assignments list and on the top you will find the drop down box, click it! Then select AXIS, there you will find the assignments for Wheel brake left, right and both.

there you will find the assignments for Wheel brake left, right and both.

No. We're talking FC2 here.

Even in DCS, it totally depends on the aircraft considered: Some have 3 brake axis (L/R/Both). Some have one (as IRL). Some have none (not implemented).

But in FC2, no wheel brake axis.

spacer.png