**New Movie** - Hot Zone

As always - a ... G R E A T ... A M R A A M ... movie !

I am always interested in some tech info.

How did you record? With FRAPS or ingame? What settings did you use?

Did you record with half speed and speed up within editing?

Please share some tech infos!

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
As always - a ... G R E A T ... A M R A A M ... movie !

I am always interested in some tech info.

How did you record? With FRAPS or ingame? What settings did you use?

Did you record with half speed and speed up within editing?

Please share some tech infos!

These kind of info will be posted at my site later, but heck, here is some info again;

Yes i recorded with fraps. Recorded at half speed, 25 fps, half screen, 1280x1024 resolution in-game. Then speed up the clips in Vegas.

...Recorded at half speed, 25 fps, half screen, 1280x1024 resolution in-game...

I think from here you get those black bars in the movie. 1280X1024 is a 5/4 aspect image. your project output is 800X600 which is 4/3 aspect. Your movie gets scaled down in a 800X600 frame at 750X600, that lives 25 black pixels to each side. Even if you record halfsize the proportions will be the same.

I actualy prefer those bars than making a movie in a 5/4 aspect that will look stretched on a 4/3 monitor :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think from here you get those black bars in the movie. 1280X1024 is a 5/4 aspect image. your project output is 800X600 which is 4/3 aspect. Your movie gets scaled down in a 800X600 frame at 750X600, that lives 25 black pixels to each side. Even if you record halfsize the proportions will be the same.

I actualy prefer those bars than making a movie in a 5/4 aspect that will look stretched on a 4/3 monitor :).

That might be it! If it is so, that means the cure for it is to record footage at 1280x960 which is proper 4:3 aspect, or fix from 5:4 to 4:3 during movie editing.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Nice presentation, on a slightly related note, what do you use for camera control?

Various shots you make, i.e. rocket release and bomb release, the camera starts from the mig and follows the weapons, what do you do to control the camera? Is this built into lockon, or are you just highly skilled with the "chase" cam?

• ED Team

I control the camera using the mouse. The "rocket scene" and release of the "bomb scene" were both created in F2 view, while using the "free local control" view (SHIFT-ESC while in F2 view).

I just followed the rockets and bombs with the mouse.

Great job GA!!! :thumbup: Liked the taxi shots and afterburner shot in particular! :)

Let us know when your site is up!

LD

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I control the camera using the mouse. The "rocket scene" and release of the "bomb scene" were both created in F2 view, while using the "free local control" view (SHIFT-ESC while in F2 view).

I just followed the rockets and bombs with the mouse.

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of the "Free local Control" view. Learn something everyday. Cheers, keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...