• Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight
    • SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

I give up, the only thing I can seem to get working is the correct radio setup,

No static, no beeps, no comms. I get in the pit, try and talk to the tower to request startup and find myself out of the aircraft on the tarmac staring at my a10c, very strange.

Hey Shane,

I think we both run into the same problem...

As described in my posts above, I had to switch my German WIN10 to Englisch (US) in order to get VA understanding my commands.

After the tip of Hollywood, I switched back to German WIN10 and changed the setting of VA to my then available English speech engine.

But running a German WIN10 with the Englisch speech engine resulted also in external views after saying a command (e.g. "attack utility" ended up in the F5-external view, since the last command "attack utility" in the comm-menu is F5).

I solved the problem by keeping the German WIN10 with the English speech enginge, but switching to the US-keyboard. Maybe, that solves also your problem.

If anyone has a clue, how to keep the German keyboard, please let us know...

Cheers, MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up, the only thing I can seem to get working is the correct radio setup,

No static, no beeps, no comms. I get in the pit, try and talk to the tower to request startup and find myself out of the aircraft on the tarmac staring at my a10c, very strange.

I feel your pain....with limited time it really hurts to spend it all day trying to make things work.

Since I do not have the same issue ...sorry I am not of any help.

But this forums is a great resource to have and I am sure someone can help.

Glad you got it sorted Unpilot,

I'm losing the will to live trying to get this to work, :(

Can someone have a look at these and tell me if they loook like they should look, still can't get static and the beeps when transmitting, and of course absolutley diddly shit whilst in game.

cheers ta thanks

From your first screen print, it looks like you have only amended the PTT commands that register you pressing the button down. Each PTT button, on your joystick/keyboard, has two VA commands that need to be amended. One for pressing the button down, which you appear to have done, and the other for when you let the button back up again. You allocate a key/button in exactly the same way, but the dialog that lets you select a key/button needs to have the "shortcut is invoked when all keys are released" checkbox ticked. (That checkbox should be clear for the ON versions)

Whether that is the only thing stopping it working or not, it still looks like it is worth doing.

Edit: Actually, from the VA log that i can see on your other screenprint, it looks like it is recognising the "JTAC" command ("J Tack" is a valid alternative btw), but cannot find the sound file for the radio noise, for some reason. Check to see if that sound file is in the folder specified in the log, as if it isn't it looks like VAICOM hasn't been installed properly.

Edited by Greyman

Viacom Voice attack probs

Cheers Greyman,

Just sorted the press and release issue, went in the pit / air start and tried to chat to Kutaisi , no answer, but also lost all control of the a/c . ie no input from the stick, acted like it was on autopilot,

I've just checked the Viacom folder, in the sub folder I have Docs, Profiles, Sounds, Tools, and Utilities,

In the sounds folder I have Chatter and UI, within UI is a series of sound files, Blip's abd they all work, I take it those are the ones that I should be hearing when transmitting, ie the static on Press and release and the beeps to ackn that the call has been passed,

Nothing in my headset though,

Well at least I'm a little further ahead than I was yesterday :)

many thanks

Viacom Voice attack probs

Just a quick one, should there be sound files in the VA Sounds folder ?

Also whilst pressing either of the radio buttons , as soon as i press to speak it's released and I get what you can see in the VA Log and the headset icon shows Not listening.

1000388154_VALog.thumb.jpg.9b4c75f2e5129e3560514f18db200970.jpg

I might be mistaken, but the file paths in you VA log look a little odd. I don't remember seeing those %20 in the paths that I have in my logs.

As you say you have the .wav files in the path that VA should find them in, maybe the path and those %20s is where the problem lies. I'm not at my PC atm so can't check, but maybe somebody else could let you know exactly how the path should be specified in that VAICOM set defaults command. It may be that you have it right, but it does look like a possible cause of your issue.

I've tried to find that sound profile but to no avail, the sound files themselves are uneditable as such, I've downloaded Viacom from Hollywood's User Files 6 times and they are all the same, so something is happening when the Viacom is being unzipped.

Can you confirm that the VA download goes into Program files x86, having said that I have put them into program files and I still get the same result.

should there be sound files in the VA Sounds folder ?

cheers Greyman

I've tried to find that sound profile but to no avail, the sound files themselves are uneditable as such, I've downloaded Viacom from Hollywood's User Files 6 times and they are all the same, so something is happening when the Viacom is being unzipped.

Can you confirm that the VA download goes into Program files x86, having said that I have put them into program files and I still get the same result.

should there be sound files in the VA Sounds folder ?

cheers Greyman

The sound files you appear to be missing, for me are located in the folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\ VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Sounds\UI, which is where, IIRC, your VA log appears to be looking for them.

They are also definitely in the ZIP file that VAICOM 2.0 came in, so it would appear that they are just being copied across and not being created by any form of installation program.

Edit: please check whether the files are in that folder and if they aren't see if you can recopy them from the installation ZIP file. If that fails, at least you should be given a clue as to why.

Edited by Greyman

The %20 is the hexadecimal ASCII code for a space and it is sometimes displayed in file paths/URLs and sometimes not. What i am wondering is if somehow that path is not working the way it should and VA is actually looking for a file with several "%20" in the path, rather than interpreting those as spaces and looking for a file of the correct name. The fact that it isn't finding the files and that you can see that those files are actually there would tend to point at the former.

Why it is doing that is where i am getting a bit stuck. I'll see if i can find anything on the Interweb :)

Edit: Just out of interest, do you have an "N" version of Windows?

Edited by Greyman

This looks like a case of the "visually impaired leading the visually impaired", i am afraid.

If you have followed the installation instructions to the letter and are still getting issues, i don't know what else might be causing your problems.

Do the Num0, Num1, Num2 and/or Num3 keys not yield the same error when you use them as PTT, rather than the joystick buttons?

I have followed it to the letter GM, the Num 0, num 1 etc all pull up the same error,

I've just gone on the VA website and it says on there that these sound files should be in .wav format, I've just picked a randon sound file in the chatter folder and it says it's an .aac file, are your sound files .acc or .wav ??

Thanks for all your help buddy

I have followed it to the letter GM, the Num 0, num 1 etc all pull up the same error,

I've just gone on the VA website and it says on there that these sound files should be in .wav format, I've just picked a randon sound file in the chatter folder and it says it's an .aac file, are your sound files .acc or .wav ??

Thanks for all your help buddy

Cancel my last, they are .wav files, it says so in the VA Log , duh!

Losing it, how does this , C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM 2.0 package\VAICOM.

Become this , 22:01:05 - Error accessing sound file - C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VoiceAttack/Apps/VAICOM/Sounds/UI/Radio_Noise.wav

Answers on a postcard please :)

Hollywood, you sir are on my xmas card list,

I deleted the Viacom package from VA program, opened up the Viacom package folder and just took the Viacom folder and placed it inside the VA / Apps folder, and hey freakin presto,

Thank you

and thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Much appreciated

I have been testing VAICOM 2.0 and VA. I was wondering if you can use VA to enable views - chase, weapon to target, target to your jet, etc?

I assume I would need to set up a hotkey in the VA and then use hotkey to bind it to a button on my HOTAS.

Thanks,

Blain

You should be able to do it. Just pick a word or even multiple different words to act as the trigger and then make the VA command "press" the right button.

For example, to select the external view, F2, you could use "external", "external view", "outside view","Foxtrot 2" and/or any other combinations of words to trigger the command. Then edit the command to press and release the F2 key and bob's your uncle.

Rinse and repeat for any other views you wish to voice activate.

BTW you might want to have a "cockpit view" and/or other words/phrases to get you back inside, with the F1 key.

You can enable the notification sounds in the VA settings, so that it will let you know when listening is activated/deactivated.

As for your issues with commands, you really need to check the Voice Attack log. Open up VA, so that you can see it on the screen and when you say a command, the log will contain details of what exactly it thought you had said. You will need to confirm, but my guess is that it isn't quite understanding you.

It might be worth getting into the Windows speech recognition engine and adding amending words that you are likely to use a lot within DCS World. For example, i added the names of all of the airfields and recorded how i would normally say them. That way, you can be more certain that it will understand you properly.

Either way, voice recognition will be better if you say the words clearly and experiment with the delays between the words, until it starts to understand you better.

Good luck