• MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance to optimize the program a bit more? For me is no joy as it is. Voice Attack works quite OK for me (english is not my native language) but VAICOM just has a laugh at me.

What I would like more from it is more simple usage. As it is now is just as the original menu based radio but with difficulty moved mostly into installation configuration. I think most of the people that tried it died half way of installing it.

I don't get it what is with 3 or 4 radio keys? I have Voice Attack configured with just one. I understand A10C has multiple mic buttons but the rest of the modules don't have. Then what is with pressed and released? Now there are 8 buttons just for radio? ...I don't see how is this "easier? Then... it auto switches from easy radio to complex... what is this? The easy radio from options (arcade radio) or the FC3 radio type that usually is mapped to "\" ?

I appreciate the effort and I realize it was a pain to do all this but I really can't understand how is this easier?

I think easier would be to have one single radio button that transmits as long as you keep it pressed... no press and release. For A-10C they can be 12 as far as I am concern. Then all we need is to bypass the work of pressing radio key then the function keys so why not have keyboard/joystick buttons assigned to the final commands? Like you want to say to wingman to attack some AAA with missiles... instead of having either to go through all the Function key presses or a VAC program to press them for you after a super complicated profile... just have a single button for that command. Then you map that button to that command in VAC profile and there will be no fuss about the menus auto moving etc.

What I think is needed is a by pass completely of the current radio system. Is true that it could be the case that ED should implement those keys and even offer the option to have the radio menus static if it would help.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hey bzhnono if you have AZERTY layout you may need to check the note on non-US International keyboards. PM me if you need more assistance. Cheers

Ok I will try this, thanks !

My radio menus are in french in DCS (the text displayed when I press '\'), will it mess up with your script ?

I think I will revert back to english version if I can find how to do that, it will be easier to get the command I must say ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance to optimize the program a bit more? For me is no joy as it is. Voice Attack works quite OK for me (english is not my native language) but VAICOM just has a laugh at me.

What I would like more from it is more simple usage. As it is now is just as the original menu based radio but with difficulty moved mostly into installation configuration. I think most of the people that tried it died half way of installing it.

I don't get it what is with 3 or 4 radio keys? I have Voice Attack configured with just one. I understand A10C has multiple mic buttons but the rest of the modules don't have. Then what is with pressed and released? Now there are 8 buttons just for radio? ...I don't see how is this "easier? Then... it auto switches from easy radio to complex... what is this? The easy radio from options (arcade radio) or the FC3 radio type that usually is mapped to "\" ?

I appreciate the effort and I realize it was a pain to do all this but I really can't understand how is this easier?

I think easier would be to have one single radio button that transmits as long as you keep it pressed... no press and release. For A-10C they can be 12 as far as I am concern. Then all we need is to bypass the work of pressing radio key then the function keys so why not have keyboard/joystick buttons assigned to the final commands? Like you want to say to wingman to attack some AAA with missiles... instead of having either to go through all the Function key presses or a VAC program to press them for you after a super complicated profile... just have a single button for that command. Then you map that button to that command in VAC profile and there will be no fuss about the menus auto moving etc.

What I think is needed is a by pass completely of the current radio system. Is true that it could be the case that ED should implement those keys and even offer the option to have the radio menus static if it would help.

There are not 8 buttons for radio.

you just have to choose between 2 options :

- Easy Radio : auto tune radio frequencies and use automatically the right transmitter (UHF, VHF AM, VHF FM)

-> just one button : Numpad0 by default I think, press the button to speak, depress the button at the end (after the bips), as in a normal aircraft radio PTT

- Realistic Radio : you have to tune frequencies on the 3 radios and choose the right radio to communicate (UHF for wingmen, VHF AM for ATC etc...) and so,

-> use the 3 buttons defined for the 3 radio (the 3 position mic switch on the Hotas of the A10C)

I don't see how you find it not easier to use than standard radio menu !

BTW : your idea of 1 button to make wingman attack with missile for example would be good but it needs to know where you are in the menus to work (it send a sequence of F1 F3 F2 FX ...) that is where VAICOM is powerful, it handles the state of the radio menu so that you just have to say the keywords to make it work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are not 8 buttons for radio.

you just have to choose between 2 options :

- Easy Radio : auto tune radio frequencies and use automatically the right transmitter (UHF, VHF AM, VHF FM)

-> just one button : Numpad0 by default I think, press the button to speak, depress the button at the end (after the bips), as in a normal aircraft radio PTT

Thanks... I'll have another look. I pressed the Num0 while in Su25 and it said wrong radio...

BTW : your idea of 1 button to make wingman attack with missile for example would be good but it needs to know where you are in the menus to work (it send a sequence of F1 F3 F2 FX ...) that is where VAICOM is powerful, it handles the state of the radio menu so that you just have to say the keywords to make it work

I think this is where I am always misunderstood... maybe is my English skill. What I say need no menus. Look in this picture:

YGL2eBe.png

If I want to say to my wingmen to complete mission and RTB... I need no radio menus no F keys nothing. Just press LWin+E and I transmit that message without any menus. I can map for that command just E or a joystick button or even a virtual joystick button...

I can have a virtual joystick with 100 buttons and all radio commands mapped to those buttons. Then Voice Attack would press those buttons when I give commands without any need for static menu mod or menus what so ever. Also... far less work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Ok I see what you mean.

But here you've got 10 or so commands, the complete radio menu is far more extensive (ATC for one part, commands to the tankers, specify the weapons and ingress bearing to your wingman etc...) Maybe you could map it to 100 buttons and tell voice attack to do that yes, but... Why ? VAICOM does all that for you !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys,

I am going to ask probably a dumb question here, and my apologies but I am new to voice recognition as I just yesterday received my first headset with mic, and being a single player guy I am very interested in using voice recognition for my AI commands.

So in my reading it would seem I need a program like Voice Attack, and I intend to go ahead and get it. I will of course need to read up on it and learn how to use it to convert my voice commands to my in game commands. Currently I am flying mainly the KA-50.

I have read through this thread and watched his video, but still a little unclear of this program - obviously it uses Voice Attack, does it mainly just enhance Voice Attack in some way? Should I first grab Voice Attack and learn the ins and outs of it before using this program?

Thanks for any tips,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi dburne,

Viacom is basically a script / profile that is utilised by Voice Attack.

You need know nothing about how voice attack works at all - just how to load a profile, set keys etc.

The Viacom download includes all you need (except Voice attack programme itself) to get up and running.

Just follow the viacom manual.

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Hi dburne,

Viacom is basically a script / profile that is utilised by Voice Attack.

You need know nothing about how voice attack works at all - just how to load a profile, set keys etc.

10/4 thanks Gary.

So then if I understand correctly, it is mainly for having a script profile for an individual module then? So if I am flying a module that does not have one, then probably no need for the program for it?

I need to go ahead and get Voice Attack I guess and at least get familiar with it's software...

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok I see what you mean.

But here you've got 10 or so commands, the complete radio menu is far more extensive (ATC for one part, commands to the tankers, specify the weapons and ingress bearing to your wingman etc...) Maybe you could map it to 100 buttons and tell voice attack to do that yes, but... Why ? VAICOM does all that for you !

VAICOM needed far more work I think :)

Anyway... here is what I am able to do till now. Confidence when using VAICOM is way way low and barely understands simple word like "start" in a sentence. Even if it recognize it, it say... wrong radio.

If I switch profile to mine... which is a plain simple one. confidence goes to 90+ rarely I am misunderstood. (sorry for the popping up of the browser over VA window it was doe to VA executing the key presses)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sometimes you just want to throw your computer out the window. Now may be the time for me to do it. I have followed the viacom instructions to the letter. The start mission command works nicely, but nothing else works. When I press a mic command on my TH WH, the screen shifts to different views or just does nothing even though VA recognizes the command. I cleared f11, f12 and any Hotas mic commands in the game menu. I use the following AutoHotkey file

; -- PTT buttons --

1Joy2::

Send {Numpad0 down}

KeyWait 1Joy2

Send {Numpad0 up}

return

1Joy4::

Send {Numpad1 down}

KeyWait 1Joy4

Send {Numpad1 up}

return

1Joy5::

Send {Numpad2 down}

KeyWait 1Joy5

Send {Numpad2 up}

return

1Joy6::

Send {Numpad3 down}

KeyWait 1Joy6

Send {Numpad3 up}

return

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hey Guys,

Here's some info on next steps. Of course the goal is clear: each DCS module must have its own VAICOM profile!

I think the poll is giving us some subtle clues on which modules should be up next ;-)

--- Work in progress: UH-1H and MIG-21bis ---

For the Huey I'll be working together with Chic and Davison. For the Fishbed I need two volunteers to step forward: If you're a MIG-21bis expert, you like VAICOM and are familiar with the experience from other modules, highly motivated to help get this profile out there for the community: make yourself known. Your job will involve answering stupid questions from Hollywood and testing the profile when it's ready. You like pizzas and believe sleep is overrated. Your marriage is robust against a short period of severe absent-mindedness.

-- TIP TIP TIP ---

Work on creating profiles for all DCS modules is underway. In the meantime, if the VAICOM profile for your favourite DCS module is not published, try this:

Press \ in game. If for this module the main menu starts with 'Flight': try flying with the VAICOM F-15C profile. If it starts with 'Wingman 2' try flying with the VAICOM A-10C profile.

No guarantees, and this will not work for all DCS modules, but for many you will find that in fact many, if not all, commands are working ;-)

Just a suggestion!

All the best,

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

If you need to teach your computer to understand your saying it could be good idea to download backup / restore tool for Speech Recognition Profile data from MS page

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=16296

I tested it on Windows 10..

You never know when your computer crash...and teaching your computer to understand your words could be time costing (like I have) so this tool could help you not ripping your hair off..:D

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

General tip on voice recognition: if you have trouble with getting particular words recognized you can add new words to the Speech Dictionary:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows7/add-or-edit-words-in-the-speech-dictionary

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Massive thanks to Hollywood for this. After having lots of issues getting my commands recognized, I have added lots of words manually to the speech dictionary and now voiceattack understands me 99.9% of the time.

I have found this to be really immersing and the scripts work very well.

Hollywood has been great assisting with tweaks and suggestions and very responsive.

Just having a slight issue with using my HOTAS buttons to trigger the PTT but Hollywood is on the case so hoping to get that working soon.

Thanks for all the hard work and look forward to future profiles

I feel like this will be a game-changing peripheral like track IR.

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

I still cannot get this mod to work. I am sure it is my fault, but for now, I will go back to VAC and periodically try this mod out. I feel bad as it does seem like a great mod, but between the num key issues and Helios, this will take some time to sort out.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

--- UPDATES AVAILABLE: A-10C + F-15C ---

--- UPDATES AVAILABLE: A-10C + F-15C ---

The A-10C and F-15C are now available as separate downloads.

These are the same as the original profiles included with the VAICOM 2.0 base install,

with some small fixes and improvements.

Profile A-10C: download here

Profile F-15C: download here

*) Corrected No Mark step for JTAC flow Type3 (A-10C).

*) Corrected Break Low command (A-10C).

*) Some commands tweaked for easier recognition.

*) Some unlisted (i.e. non-menu) commands added.

Enjoy

Hollywood

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Below is in the manual, but perhaps good to share it here also :joystick:

----

So I want to install the program but I have my num pad 0-3 mapped to the UFC so its easy to enter coordinates. Is it easy to remap the keyboard commands to other keys like maybe the 1, 2, 3, 4, keys on the main keyboard and not the num pad? Or any other key on the keyboard for that matter?

Sure, that's no problem. In VoiceAttack, you can edit the profile. Go to the category 'Push-To-Talk' and you see a number of commands there. By default these are bound to the NUM0-NUM3 keys. You can change that by doubleclicking each command and changing the keyboard key there. Press OK to store.

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: MIG-21bis ---

--- NEW MODULE AVAILABLE: MIG-21bis ---

I'm pleased to announce that the widely popular Fishbed has been added to the list of VAICOM supported modules!

You can now immerse yourself in flying complex missions with this iconic fighter.

Download the VAICOM 2.0 profile for MIG-21bis here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1550453/

Thanks all for contributing to the poll.

Next up is helo time: the UH-1H Huey.

Enjoy!

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

This looks brilliant, however, even though Voice Attack is recognising my commands every time, I keep getting the 'Invalid Radio' message.

I've tried changing the Easy Communications mode, the PTT button, and as I don't use a US keyboard, also changed the Menu Execute key.

I'm completely stumped at the minute, any help would be greatly appreciated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.