CPU upgrade and now cant play LO:FC

sup,

ok well i upgraded to an AMD X2 4200 -939 from a AMD xp3500 -939.

the upgrade went fine and it plays all my other game just fine. But im having troubles with LO:FC.

when trying to play - it runs thur the starforce crap... checks my cd to about only 30%. and then hangs... now on a few tries i was able to get it to read my disk fine and play but now not....

NOW I WANT TO SAY - THIS CD WORKED FINE BEFORE THE UPGRADE. as i was playing the night before.

i have sent a email to lockon support and starforce but is their anything that i can do on my side????

to those of you that have the ENG_CD of FC and have a X2 cpu - how did you get around it????

thanks

BloodyStub.

It may be because you upgraded your system. Starforce checks your PC specs all the time and if it has changed a lot you need to get a new CD key from ED.

But this should not happen from just a CPU upgrade. Did you change or upgrade anything else since you got FC, eg graphics card, RAM etc.

Thats my theory.

The licence let´s you make 3 upgrades of hardware before thinking the sim is trying to be installed in onother user machine.

Did you made any hardware change before you CPU upgrade? If yes, this upgrade would be the 2º hardware chage, and ig you did something alse before all that, then you could have reached the 3 hardwares ID change that the licence let you have.

Stupid protection don´t you think? Not only we can have a decent tech support, but also we can change our own machine without haveing to pay them for another licence.

You have to update your StarForce driver using this:

http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip

This is official SF update tool.

There's an .exe in this ZIP. Remove CDs from your drive. You run SF update tool once and then it asks for reboot -> do it.

After that try to run game CD again.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I will (one day) update to dual core as well. So please, keep us updated.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well, now my pc is worthy of lomac, I play on medium-low settings.

My rig:

AMD Athlon 64, 3700+ San Diego @ 2.35 Ghz

2x 1GB DDR nanya ram

Asus A8V mobo

Radeon 9800XT.

Now, when flying the su-25T, and having a few crashed planes (around 20 wrecks), the fps suddenly drops to 12 at ground level (while it stays above 40 without wrecks, and 27 with 3-4 wrecks). I checked my memory timings, seem ok, swap file on windows HD is set to 4mb, on other partition at 1.5gb. It's frustrating to get such low fps.

I also noticed the same slideshow in the 3rd Flaming Cliffs campaign mission (where you sink that cargo ship), when I approach the western SA-10/Shilkas my fps drops to 10-12 and it becomes unplayable. This low fps is only when I'm facing the SAMs, and the airfield that is behind them, when I look forward, towards the tanker everything is fine.

Anyone kows a solution to this (removing some shaders ?), or is it an fps fluke everybody gets?

I also get direct3d stepping errors in the error log (loaded step 2, should be step 1, or something).

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

ok,

for those wanting to know.. i email support @ LO:FC and was asked to reinstall the 1.12a patch even though i had already installed it.

i did so; thinking that it would not work.. but to my suprise it worked!!!

yea...

thanks all;

bloodystub