Part Time server

Johnny Dioxin

I'll be putting my 2nd PC back to use as DCS World server again weekdays, from Monday.

Initially, I'll be running STP Dragon's packs - training to start with (especially JTAC) and then the mission pack. So for these it's Ka-50 and A-10C.

I'll also be including odd days with my own missions, which are nothing special, and also aimed mostly at practice with different airframes.

A Teamspeak 3 server will be available.

The server will be up in the evenings, UK time, and if it actually gets used, daytime running isn't out of the question.

Initially public and see how it goes.

Hope to see some of you on the server. I ran it earlier in the year for 4 players and it ran very smoothly. Since upgraded the hardware, so I'll be upping the count to 8 clients to start with and see how that goes (if that many come on :) )

Server name will be just my callsign.

Latest release DCS World, switching to 1.5 as soon as it is stable. :pilotfly:

Online campaigns will hopefully follow

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

The TS server is up - details in server description or pm me if you want it in advance.

I'm fine with people just joining to spectate - as long as there are no more than 5 pilots on.

Also, joining TS is not a requirement when I'm running training missions, but will be required for combat missions and campaigns.

First week will be training, second week ops. Any changes will be posted here.

Tally ho.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi Brixmis,

Im pretty new here, and now I feel I have finally got the hang of the A-10c, im thinking about trying my hand online, as you are UK based (actually quite near to me here in Norwich) would you mind a newbie hopping on your server?

Hello Bob - of course not, newer pilots are especially welcome - that's the aim of running training missions first.

The missions I'll be running the second week are also not very difficult and aimed more at newer pilots, even though they are not strictly training missions.

If you have Teamspeak you are welcome to ask any questions and I'll help where I can. I've had the A-10C for a few years, but am by no means an expert by any stretch.

The training missions are fun and useful for learners, too, so you can get to know JTAC procedures by day and night, as well as the actual weapon deployment :) (that's if you haven't already... otherwise it's just extra practice).

We can fly as a flight together if you like (best using TS for that), but if you want to find your own way, that's fine too.

Look forward to seeing you.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Server goes live tomorrow evening - all is ready.

If anyone has a problem joining, please let me know so that I can recheck the firewall/router settings, thanx!

Kneeboard Guides

Thanks!

Ill try to jump on tonight, I have teamspeak as im part of an Arma3 Clan, Do in need plugins etc?

No - just standard TS3, no pw.

The server is on from around 17:00 to 21:30 GMT (so 6pm until 10.30pm BST) Monday to Thursday and Sundays.

If you can't get on the server, give me a shout on TS - the IP is 85.236.100.35:11867

I usually have the mic muted if I'm alone on TS, so give me a second to get the headset on and reply :)

PS - I'm also now running SLMod. That's not something clients have to worry about, unless they misbehave!

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Apologies to Bob for the issues with the server - it's all sorted now and I hope some other pilots will come along for some fun.

Thanks to pilot "Khaos" for confirming the server works, hope to see you on again soon :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

The training week is over. Only one person flew on the server in the week, which is okay - not everyone is interested in flying training missions.

Next week (starting after the F1 on Sunday, through to Thursday, evenings from approx 18:00 to 22:30z) I'll be hosting missions for various airframes.

The following week, I'll be trying out running 1.5 OB on the server and see how it goes.

If attendance remains at the same level, it'll then close to the public.

Kneeboard Guides

Hi Rob - yes, I think I closed it a little early on Thursday as no-one had been on for 2 days and I wanted to do some Elite Dangerous.

Hope to see you next week.

Kneeboard Guides

No worries, Cibit, and thanks. The only reason I didn't run 1.5 from the start was because people were reporting problems with it in multiplayer.

I've only had graphics flickering and activation glitches with 1.5, so that should hopefully go well.

Kneeboard Guides

Okay - about to put the server on, but only for about 2-3 hours, with 1.5 OB.

Finding appropriate co-op missions is a challenge, so hopefully from tomorrow it will be my own missions, which will be fairly simple, but nevertheless, something to do :)

Kneeboard Guides

The "Norfolk N-Way" mission was fun on the server yesterday, even if I did crash and burn a couple of times (that pesky AA!). Congrats to the other pilots on their kills.

However, from today I am reverting to 1.2.16 for the server, as I'm fed up of having to mess about fixing the GUI aspect ratio bug on my client every time I start the sim.

It'll still be the same mission, and there's still plenty to do - it'll just be on 1.2.16 until the bug is fixed.

Kneeboard Guides

Okay, this project is now finished.

Thanks to Krash, Dmitriy and Bob for coming on and having a go.

Was planning a 7/24 server if the need was there, but obviously it isn't.

Kneeboard Guides