Campaign UNUSABLE - no waypoints or targets shown

Adamski

OpenBeta 1.50.45655

I'm starting the default campaign - but there are no waypoints or targets shown, either in the map view, mission briefing (or kneeboard).

Basically, this makes the campaign *totally unusable* as you can't see CAP waypoints or mission targets (anywhere).

How is one meant to proceed?

Waypoints in the mission planner worked fine for me, I just plotted the ranges and headings to each waypoint and used rsbn points for navigation. As far as the kneeboard goes here is a fix from a thread specifically about the kneeboard issue.

Originally Posted by Zebra288 View Post

Ok after stuffing around for an hour I believe I have a fix....looks like ED is preparing for NTTR and changed their own init.lua under /(dcs open beta install folder/scripts/aircrafts/common/cockpit/kneeboard/device

with references to if cacaurus us blah blah, if not use yada yada yada

What I did was copy the init.lua from the above location and added it too:

/mods/aircraft/mig21-bis/cockpit/kneeboard/device.

I renamed the original init.lua file (always have a back up!!!!)

And loaded the 1st mig21 campaign mission....and voila kneeboard map is back

Programming guys may be able to tell you which lines to add to the original mig21 init file...but I have nfi about it.......so I may have broken the entire game....so use at your own risk.

Thanks for the reply. Before I wreck my DCS install by playing with .lua files (LOL) ...

Do you see the waypoints when in the mission proper (ie. F10 from in-aircraft)? I don't.

I see them fine when creating/editing a mission, but can't see them anywhere else.

OK ... so how would you cope with mission2 in the campaign (a CAP mission) if you've no idea where the CAP is meant to be? Without *editing* the mission, that is.

EDIT: I swapped the two lua files over. I now get a kneeboard map (YAY!) - thanks - though it's quite zoomed in and doesn't show all the waypoints. However - still no route/waypoint layer showing in the F10 map.

EDIT2: After a bit of fancy stitching from both LUAs, I managed to sort out the zoom problem (slightly). The real fix should ideally come from Leatherneck. The F10 map view problem remains though.

Edited by Adamski

No I don't have the waypoints on the F-10 map. I just navigated by dead reckoning. The CAP mission I just followed basic landmarks until the AWACS started calling out the bogey, then I took off after him totally ignoring the waypoints.

No I don't have the waypoints on the F-10 map. I just navigated by dead reckoning. The CAP mission I just followed basic landmarks until the AWACS started calling out the bogey, then I took off after him totally ignoring the waypoints.

Aaah right ... thanks. I think I must be thinking back to old Falcon3 campaigns, where you'd fail the mission if you didn't spend enough time visiting the various CAP waypoints.