Any Freetrack user out there ?

Hello

Could you be more specific about the issues?

I'm also using OT and a 3 point emitter with DCSW 2.0 and I'm happy with the result.

Did you tweak the Accela filter settings? (it can improve your experience)

The settings really depend on the user installation but here's what I have :

Smoothing: 5ms

Rotation sensitivity: 1.24°

Rotation deadzone: 0.5°

Translation sensitivity: 1mm

Translation deadzone: 0.2mm

The tiny deadzones combined with the sensitivity improves the view steadiness in my case. The smoothness is kept low to avoid a laggy response.

I use this settings for the fighters (dynamic, but smooth and stable to take a peek at the instruments or static targets).

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Hello Bourrinopathe. Thanks for the reply.

Regarding OT. I didn't change any of the filters. To be honest I was quickly (lazily) looking for some documentation but didn't find anything.

The issue I had was that the movement in DCS lagged behind. When I moved my head all the way to one side, from what I could understand is that is sensed that I was turning my head greater than 180 degrees, but it would not return back to the same position when I turned back to the center.

Another issue I noticed is that in when I had the OT window open, the imaged showed 2 green (+) crosses and one red cross. I wasn't sure what this mean. However when I turned my head sometimes the red cross would go green but but another cross would go red. For example

+(green)

+(green) +(red)

I would turn my head to the left 90 degrees

+(green)

+(red) +(green)

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

number3. First of all you should made corect input of your position clip to camera. Then calibrate it.

Other you can't expect will work outside of camera FOV. Also check that your LED is not overlapping and cancel it or is just need better threshold tune.

That is thing you have to adapt and get use to it.

When I start to use headtracking I was as well having to fast movement and constantly getting out of FOV and lose tracking.

In the beginning you will feel little stiffen but will get use to it soon.

Thanks everyone for replying. I will give OT a more thorough try. Hopefully I can get it working just right.

If anyone has any FreeTrack tips for getting it to work with 2.0 I'm all ears ;)

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

There's a small wiki with few info. It might be useful too.

Calibration and the Accela filter are quickly explained.

Also, you should have three green crosses and one red cross. The green crosses are the tracked points (IR LEDs). The red cross is the reference rotation point and it should roughly be centered behind your eyes.

Another important thing is to set the points extraction min/max size to avoid loosing your green dots (PointTracker Settings -> Camera tab -> Point extraction).

And don't forget to carefully configure your response curves ;)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I got OT working to a decent state. I ran into a couple of issues that I'm not sure how to resolve.

1) I have a ceiling light in this room. In Freetrack when I change the Color space / Compression to I420 it doesn't pick up the extra light. However I'm unable to find a similar setting in OT any ideas? Other than playing in the dark.

2) When I turn my head left or right, the camers seems to zoom out ever so slightly. I'm wondering if anyone else had that issue and how you went about solving it?

Thanks for the tips everyone.

1) I have a ceiling light in this room. In Freetrack when I change the Color space / Compression to I420 it doesn't pick up the extra light. However I'm unable to find a similar setting in OT any ideas? Other than playing in the dark.

2) When I turn my head left or right, the camers seems to zoom out ever so slightly. I'm wondering if anyone else had that issue and how you went about solving it?

1- are you using IR led's or regular? My setup uses IR and I play with the room light on all the time. What camera are you using?

2- Probably stray movement on the Z axis. In the mapping window try setting a larger dead zone for the Z axis, or disable it if you do not want to use it. OT can be finicky to get set up but once done to your liking you'll be happy. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have about OT.

Edited by Len62

1- are you using IR led's or regular? My setup uses IR and I play with the room light on all the time. What camera are you using?

2- Probably stray movement on the Z axis. In the mapping window try setting a larger dead zone for the Z axis, or disable it if you do not want to use it. OT can be finicky to get set up but once done to your liking you'll be happy. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have about OT.

Yes, I'm using IR LEDs I have a Microsoft Lifecam (can't remember the model number off hand). I followed the instructions in the FreeTrack documentation and removed the camera filter as specified and I have a floppy disk film over top of the lens.

Did you change any settings in OT to have your camera only pickup the IR spectrum?

Regarding the Z axis, it just seems odd that the closer to 90 degree rotation on the x-axis the further it zooms out on the z-axis.

I will keep messing around though to see if I can get it just right.

Did you change any settings in OT to have your camera only pickup the IR spectrum?

Regarding the Z axis, it just seems odd that the closer to 90 degree rotation on the x-axis the further it zooms out on the z-axis.

I will keep messing around though to see if I can get it just right.

In your camera software settings you want to adjust the exposure so just the leds show, or as close as you can get.

If you are using the Acela filter in OT you can adjust the sensitivity for the rotation/translation settings. That one requires some testing but this is what I use:

2015-12-20%2015_39_36-Accela%20filter%20settings.png?dl=1

You should also set the Threshold value (slider) in the camera tab to filter your IR LEDs signal.

...2) When I turn my head left or right, the camers seems to zoom out ever so slightly. I'm wondering if anyone else had that issue and how you went about solving it?
If I get your issue correct, I used to experience this problem 1) if there's something wrong with distance values and real distance between LEDs, 2) wrong adjustment about where exact headtrack position over your head.

I used to have problem with Free Track. When I realized there was a function on FaceTrackNoIR to calibrate all of these things, I switched to FTNoIR and have no any problem about slightly zooming or unzooming when turning my head to the right or left...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068