Adaptive sync not working

Brisse

Hello!

This isn't really a bug, but it is a small issue I have. In most games I use AMD Freesync (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSync) as a better alternative to good old v-sync. This works in any game that runs in exclusive full-screen mode and can make use of v-sync. It isn't working in DCS 1.5 however. Seems to me that 1.5 runs in border-less window mode, and if that is the case, then it's also the reason Freesync isn't working. Is it possible that we can have the option to run it in exclusive full-screen mode instead, so that we can make use of Freesync? A setting under the graphics menu would be very nice.

Edit: I just realized there is a "full screen" checkbox in the graphics menu, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I toggle it. The sim defaults to borderless window regardless of the setting.

Edited by Brisse

I am noticing a "tear" similar to v-synch OFF and the setting is ON. I wonder if this is related to your issue.

The "tear" is horizontal, about mid to upper third of the screen and noticeable inside the cockpits when moving your view.

Same here on NVidia card. No matter what V-Sync setting I try to use (either by setting it in game or by forcing it via driver ctrl panel) I always get the tearing, even though the stock in-game fps counter seems to indicate the V-sync is working (?).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ralt + enter put game in full screen mode guess it fixed the sli crossfire problems will probably fix Vsync stuff too

You are now my hero. This put the sim in fullscreen mode, and Freesync is now working. Ralt didn't work though, so I had to try Lalt, which worked. Maybe keybind is different depending on module or something?

Ralt + enter put game in full screen mode guess it fixed the sli crossfire problems will probably fix Vsync stuff too

Confirming that. Actually, on my end both RAlt +Enter and LAlt+Enter do fix the tearing.

Thank you!!

This fixes the ShadowPlay issue as well. Thanks!

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

I just realized there is a "full screen" checkbox in the graphics menu, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I toggle it. The sim defaults to borderless window regardless of the setting.

Good to know I gonna try that when I'm home.

I was about to say I AM in fullscreen mode but get tearing...but if the bug is that this check box doesn't put it in fullscreen mode that would explain it.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I just realized there is a "full screen" checkbox in the graphics menu, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I toggle it. The sim defaults to borderless window regardless of the setting.

Yup. Noticed that, too.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Do you have an option to enable FS also for windowed apps ?

Nviadia GS has this and I have it checked too, it never came to my attention

That it aint fullscreen cause my GS-led turned red either way, saying GS is ON

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

To add this, borderless window mode makes it far easier to switch back and forth and to tag other monitoring apps on top of dcs, cpu/gpu/net/etc tools

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I'm using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.

Also, I'm having considerable amount of horizontal tearing. I hope that Alt-Enter will fix the problem.

Does anybody with similar graphic card has some tips about graphic settings?

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

To add this, borderless window mode makes it far easier to switch back and forth and to tag other monitoring apps on top of dcs, cpu/gpu/net/etc tools

Agree. I suppose that developers leave this Full screen option disabled because it is easier for debugging. Probably after this beta testing they will set Full screen according option from graphic settings.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi