DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

Hi,

if i remember correctly, DCS 1.5 will be publiuc when DCS 2.0 / Nevada is released.

Is that right?

I did not have installed the 1.5 open beta, thats why i am asking.

Thanks

was for a while absent

The DCS 2.0 should be downloadable any minute now so we can test the NTTR map, but we're talking Open Alpha (basically a Beta test for the Beta test). As of now, the Caucasus map is NOT supported in DCS 2.0 (they are working on converting the Caucasus map to work in DCS 2.0).

So, if you want to have DX11 graphics and fly on the Caucasus map, you need Open Beta 1.5. If you want to fly on the NTTR map you need Open Alpha 2.0 (once it releases).

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have formatted my pc. i will install entire game. should i wait for 1.5 stable before installing anything or is it still far from it?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Nope, Wags mentioned you must have three versions if you want. 1.2.16, 1.5.1 open beta and tomorrow 2.0 alpha

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

i have formatted my pc. i will install entire game. should i wait for 1.5 stable before installing anything or is it still far from it?

There won't be a 1.5 release. As soon as the Caucasus map is converted to DCS 2.0 and they have verified it as OK I have a feeling they'll change the Open Beta to 2.0.

DCS 1.5 was always meant to be a stop-gap so that ED could get feedback on the new engine (EDGE). The NTTR and Caucasus maps are of different versions (Caucasus is T4 and NTTR is T5, and both versions can't be in the same client). Once the Caucaus map is updated to T5 there is no need for the 1.5 beta-branch.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, Wags mentioned you must have three versions if you want. 1.2.16, 1.5.1 open beta and tomorrow 2.0 alpha

He did indeed. ED is already taking 50Gb on my SSD, so with alpha 2.0 coming out as well it will probably hit the 75Gb mark. Already transferred some other stuff to the HDD.

There won't be a 1.5 release. As soon as the Caucasus map is converted to DCS 2.0 and they have verified it as OK I have a feeling they'll change the Open Beta to 2.0.

DCS 1.5 was always meant to be a stop-gap so that ED could get feedback on the new engine (EDGE). The NTTR and Caucasus maps are of different versions (Caucasus is T4 and NTTR is T5, and both versions can't be in the same client). Once the Caucaus map is updated to T5 there is no need for the 1.5 beta-branch.

They probably will skip 1.5 stable all together. Just to be nit picking, NTTR uses the T4 evolution of the terrain engine whereas the Caucasus map uses still the T3. This will be converted to T4 as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

Those were the generations I was thinking of. Thanks for correcting me. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need 1.2 to run 1.5.1 so I shouldn't think you'll need either older versions for Nevada or 2.0

I only have 1.5.1 installed by itself

they are all separate installations, the only thing you need 1.2 for is if you want to save downloading all the data, the installer will copy the needed files, if you don't have 1.2 it'll still run the installer just takes longer to download

Saying that, I'll run 1.5 & Nevada together so I can swap maps until everything gets merged in 2.0

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Yawn... Ok, I just had a wonderful restful sleep and am now ready to do a little gaming... You guys may now release 2.0, all set here! ������������������������ I have a strong need to do this:������������

������

EDIT: Oops, I forgot that this forum can't show Apple emoticons.... Sorry about that!

Edited by Justificus
Correction...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I think right around the time its ready to be released, maybe a minute after.

LOL. I take this Q is getting a bit old here in the Forums.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I know Dcs 2.0 features different than 1.5.1 because of new tech nevada map fidelity but I wonder if it has an effect on aircraft controls and flight dynamics?

In a word: No.

A quote from elsewhere:

DCS World 2

DCS World 2 is the next iteration of the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series that will include a new graphics engine (developed in our Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine development environment). It will be a FREE update and all of your DCS World module keys will work with it. In addition to the new graphics engine, DCS World 2 will also usher in the ability to have multiple maps integrated into DCS (both developed by Eagle Dynamics and our 3rd party partners). Maps currently in development include the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR), Strait of Hormuz, and Europe 1944. The Map SDK is available to qualified 3rd party development teams. Interested parties can PM me with detailed proposals.

Some features we plan to include in DCS World 2 include:

Direct X 11 support

Improved performance

Dynamic shadowing of the terrain and mountains

Improved weather

Improved lighting

Clipmap support for new maps

Higher object counts

Higher resolution ground terrain mesh and textures for new maps (between 1 and 64 meters per pixel depending on area of map and clipmap level)

More detailed tree models with collision for new maps

Better graphical effects

High resolution road textures for new maps

Ability for road signs and light signals for new maps

Additional ground clutter (rocks, cactuses, etc.) for new maps

Skeleton animation for infantry

Better use of multiple GPUs (CPU multi-threading is not being pursued as it will provide little if any gain)

Ability to create dedicated servers in the future

Unified front end and simulation .exe

Improved API sound support

Improved Oculus Rift support

Several of the features will probably not be available when the DCS World 2 is first launched as an open beta. This includes improved weather and dedicated server.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Sorry if this question has been dealt with but I'm getting back into DCS and if I remember correctly there was one time where new models for the Russian rocket pods were made where you could see the individual rocket models in them.

However now that seems to have been done away with. Am I right and if so why did the change it?

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so any chance we can get an update that doesn't require a command prompt? Pretty please ED! :) :)

Edited by nigelmcelwee

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog