DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just getting back into DCS after a long hiatus.

I have 1.5 installed (looking good by the way).

I just bought the NTTR map.

I was curious if there is anything I need to know before installing 2.0 alpha as a separate install from 1.5?

Do any of the settings/control profiles/etc conflict or work across both versions? Are dual installs of modules required for each version of dcs, or will my already installed modules work automatically in 2.0? (If not, will it require a re-download, or just a simple copy/paste?)

Thanks for your time.

Welcome back to DCS, Ramjet ;)

The modules should be downloaded from the module manager. The updater should import the valid content from your current 1.5 version to the 2.0 alpha. Just expect some download as there are several quick action missions available for the modules (they are Nevada-specific).

Copying the controls profiles from 1.5 to 2.0 should be safe enough but ED advised against copying them over for the betas (but this may be specific). As the core engine is the same, everything should be fine, though.

Performance wise, you might want to try the Nevada terrain with the Flat Shadows setting ON.

Have fun!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks very much for the info. And, especially for the tip about Flat Shadows on the Nevada map. I had been enjoying excellent performance since coming back, and on a 6700k, and I was having flashbacks after loading up NTTR for the first time :) Now running mostly 60 fps on Nevada with everything maxed (except aa off, civ traffic on low) and flat shadows on. (admittedly haven't gotten into any action yet).

For an "alpha" as long as things continue to improve, it looks like NTTR is going to be my new playground in the Huey for a while :)

It seems DCS has made some genuine strides in a few areas. I'm pleased with that.

Welcome back to DCS, Ramjet ;)

The modules should be downloaded from the module manager. The updater should import the valid content from your current 1.5 version to the 2.0 alpha. Just expect some download as there are several quick action missions available for the modules (they are Nevada-specific).

Copying the controls profiles from 1.5 to 2.0 should be safe enough but ED advised against copying them over for the betas (but this may be specific). As the core engine is the same, everything should be fine, though.

Performance wise, you might want to try the Nevada terrain with the Flat Shadows setting ON.

Have fun!

Mission Editor Map DCS World 2 NTTR

Hi All

Ive been looking through the various posts, so apologies if I missed a posting answering my question which is this.

Regarding the Mission editor in the NTTR when the Map level view is selected it shows the maps of the area as would be available to real life pilots (just shows how accurate the NTTR Map is) my question is, are these maps available for viewing outside of the sim and if so where would I find these files and what would be needed to view them.

Thanks in advance.

Crowman.

PS keep up the good work and looking forward to the next update.

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

How can I convert my DCS 1.5 Open Beta for stable, definitive, 1.5 version?

I updated 1.5 version, but the folder that DCS is installed remains the same: Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta.

The .exe file still the same too: DCS World OpenBeta.exe

My DCS version is 1.5.2.49392.141

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

You have installed the Open beta version, you can not convert the beta to Release version (but actually, beta and release version has the same version number 1.5.2.49392.141).

You can download the release version here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

you can maintain the beta version for testing, and with the 2.0 coming to beta, the 1.5 beta convert them on 2.0 beta version.

Wow! That Kuznetsov looks wonderful! Thanks for the info Silver_Dragon!

At last, we'll be able to crash-land on the personnel.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ok everything resolved, a new question, Why we have to press alt enter to full screen in the stable release, has it not been solved yet?

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I gave the World 2.0 a shot today and I was really impressed. Those graphics are very suitable and the performance was buttery smooth on my old CPU.

I´m pretty much teased to reenter the cockpit for a deeper study of the mi8.

Good work ED, even if it took a little longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Confused about versions 1.5, 1.5 beta, 2.0 alpha

After a long time, I had a look in the download section on the DCS website.

There are currently three versions of DCS World:

- 2.0 alpha

- 1.5 beta

Is version 1.5 the final version and if yes, why is there an 1.5 beta?

If it is not final, why offering an 1.5 version if it is still in beta phase?

What about 2.0 alpha. Are there any advantages compared to 1.5 beside the NTTR map? Can I use 2.0 alpha only with the A10C module?

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

OK, at the moment, 1.5 and 1.5 Beta are exactly the same, just separate installs needed if you want to participate in Beta testing - and of course get all the updates on day 1.

2.0.1 Alpha is currently the only version that can work with the Nevada Test and Training Range map (which is a paid for add on).

So really, you need just 1 version (1.5.3) if you want to run the completed updates on the Caucasus map, and another one (2.0.1)(until the two versions are merged) to run the NTTR map.

1.5 is stable. this version should have little to no bugs and not crash.

1.5 beta has all the new stuff being made, possible bugs and crashes. frequent updates.

2.0 alpha has all the new stuff plus acces to Nevada. At some point in time the alpha and beta will merge into a single client from where you can select on wich terrain you would like to fly. You can fly all planes you own in the Nevada terrain. There's even a purchasable F15 campaign in the store, specifically for Nevada.

Check my F-15C guide

2.0 has actually use to test NTTR theatre and new T-4 theatre engine. You can use all helo, aircraft and CA modules on 2.0.

1.5 Beta has used to test and bug testing on new patch, before can be release on the 1.5 final version.

1.5 version will be convert on the 2.0 on the future when alpha turn on a beta and release version. In that moment, 1.5 disappear.