Request to ED: Also beneficial to Lock on

This may sound kinda lame but I personally feel that intro movies get you into the game. The intro movie is an amazing way to draw a newcomer's attention. Lets face it ...Lomac has no intro movie and a boring menu music that gets annoying. I am actually trying to make a movie BASED or exactly as of the amazing LOMAC E3 movie in 2002. I still believe it to be the best lomac movie ever. No editing...amazing music....That movie would definately qualify as an amazing intro for lomac. Its all ingame except the sounds.

I would ask if ED can implement this as an intro movie to Black shark...well...obviously also add in footage of the tankovy and black shark in there.

I am now trying to make a good logo screen for ED and fighter collection so that it can be in a game intro.

Would ED be interested if we do this??? give us a little EXE fix for 1.12A so that we can use these intro movies for the game??

btw....those who missed the E3 movie. Here it is

at LockonFiles.com in the videos folder in downloads.

Lock On 2002 E3 Promo Video

popular.gif

lockonpromo.jpg

A beautiful short video made at the 2002 E3.

Admin Note: If you have any problems playing this video, you may be missing a Codec for it. Video Codec info site link

Hope I accidentally didn;t hotlink it. Thanx for hosting it thomas. :D :pilotfly: :thumbup:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

damn,,.,,if you notice at the start of the video...the flankers are soo close to one another. I try using the ME to fill up the 2 fields on the airfield with planes and the flanker spawns on the grass. I cannot keep static flankers anywhere THAT close near my spawn point or my plane spawns on the grass. anyone knows how to make the planes start that close to each other...with only one being a controllable plane??

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I remember the janes IAF intro as well. It was pretty good too.

Guest IguanaKing

Do any of you guys remember how completely unbelievable the intro video was for Birds of Prey on the old Amiga 500? Granted, we'd probably scoff at it today, but it was pretty impressive. Two Vipers and two fulcrums in a furball near some canyons, with much of the fight down in the canyons. Good s**t!!!:D

do you have a link to that one? i havnt seen it. :P

I don't ...but u know what...I have the game. I can probably send it to thomas and he can host it. Well...wouldn;t be much of a prob as janes is abandonware. :music_whistling:

Yes, an Intro video would be cool, :thumbup:

about the sounds, Maybe you could try replacing the main ogg with the success ogg, The LO FC Interface sounds better in that although the looping feel is the like in those Ragnarok Online games. Not a solution, just a way to make it a little better.

I also liked that JF-18 Intro Video & the campaign movies.:joystick:

The most stupid member in the forum

To all movie makers out there: CAN you please REMAKE this movie with the exact camera angles, style and music + a little footage in similar style of an Su-25T and Su-25 in a higher res and quality?

I can make the logo screens for the movie. We can then send it to ED and they can probably add a line in the exe to play these movies at the start of the game?

GA? Locsta? anyone?

• ED Team

I'm guessing you're talking about the logo at the beginning of my movies? :P I didn't make that one, those thanks goes to VVanks for making that one ;)

That includes my sig as well.

Anyway, about the intro movie stuff....I've always wanted to create an intro movie for lockon, just never got around to making one (last time i tried making one, i ended up with "superior fighters" :P )

Btw, where is the link for that E3 movie you're talking about? I know i've seen it before but that's a loooooooong time ago. I'm curious to see as to why you think this movie would fit as an intro.

Do any of you guys remember how completely unbelievable the intro video was for Birds of Prey on the old Amiga 500? Granted, we'd probably scoff at it today, but it was pretty impressive. Two Vipers and two fulcrums in a furball near some canyons, with much of the fight down in the canyons. Good s**t!!!:D

I also remember two great intros on Falcon 3.0 and 4.

I also agree with Witchking, some early promo movies for LockOn were great, and one of them made me buy this game.

Amraam...check my post in page 1. The movie is on lockonfiles. It is called Lock on E3 2002 video. A killer video I tell ya. :)

Its perfect....minimal editing....we just need a good high quality remake + screentime for Su 25T and Su 25 with the same music and its good to go.

I can make good Eagle Dynamics and Fighter collection logo screens + a new one for FC.

Guys!! DO anyone have an idea of how to get the A 10 cannon sound used in this clip. It sounds great. I mean...I can strip it from the clip here but there is also music which we cannot use in game.

Greetings all, sorry for going semi-off-topic, but since you were talking about Jane's intros, after searching in a few forums and all, I uploaded Jane's F/A-18's intro in youtube. ;)

Enjoy. :)

• Like 1

"Where you will be reunited with an old friend...the thrill of battle." - Admiral Tolwyn, Wing Commander IV

Yeah Gost, now thats what I call an intro....

It brings back memories of my younger years (LOL)..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Wow, they shured pumped me in the heart, i remenber being 8 years old and trying to understand the english and what that guy wanted... i still remenber him sayin : You call this flyin low ???, i need my oxigen mask to fly here.

i still got the manual right here :)

[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Janes F/A 18 was my favorite game,

I used (and still) fly with 169th Panthers during F/A 18 times,

there are very few Janes Veteran members that are still active as of today :)

Cheer

Max

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

yeah dude...I still have the bik file on my HDD somewhere. If anyone wants I can decode it to simple avi and upload it...If ED doesn't mind. :)

Wow, they shured pumped me in the heart, i remenber being 8 years old and trying to understand the english and what that guy wanted... i still remenber him sayin : You call this flyin low ???, i need my oxigen mask to fly here.

i still got the manual right here :)

LMAO I hated when he said that! that was a fun game to fly.

yeah dude...I still have the bik file on my HDD somewhere. If anyone wants I can decode it to simple avi and upload it...If ED doesn't mind. :)

Yeah, I still have it too. Great movie, I remember when I first got 2.5 that movie got into it and I couldn't wait to start flying. That's why Lock On needs a movie, so it can bring people into the game more. :joystick:

Windows XP Home, 768 MB RAM, Pentium 4 @1.5 GHz, Nvidia GeForce 2