Cruising is painful..

• ED Team
True :(.

Back on topic, anybody noticed now cruising isn't any more painful? I can hands off quite easily now.

S!

How so, to be honest I spend most of my time in the test version so maybe there was a tweak I missed, do you not need so much trim to level out at for cruise? I know I can trim with just a little over 1 notch.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so, to be honest I spend most of my time in the test version so maybe there was a tweak I missed, do you not need so much trim to level out at for cruise? I know I can trim with just a little over 1 notch.
I guess mate, I don't envy you. In 1.2.6 the only real trouble for hands off cruising was aileron trim, but now you can set your trim tabs to that speed so you choose how fast you want to cruise and set it (well ailerons after centring the ball also with trim tab). No more cruising problems at all so pitch trim was already fine, just some guys still have to understand 1.42 ATA isn't cruise :lol:. Now 109 is quite a pleasant aircraft to fly, may be even too much.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
I guess mate, I don't envy you. In 1.2.6 the only real trouble for hands off cruising was aileron trim, but now you can set your trim tabs to that speed so you choose how fast you want to cruise and set it (well ailerons after centring the ball also with trim tab). No more cruising problems at all so pitch trim was already fine, just some guys still have to understand 1.42 ATA isn't cruise :lol:. Now 109 is quite a pleasant aircraft to fly, may be even too much.

S!

Ah, ok, I havent tried those options for trim, glad to hear they work good, I know Yo-Yo is still tweaking to make sure they work reasonable realistic, so not sure if they will hurt performance one day by over adjusting. Thanks for the feedback.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Now the question is, will the Fw-190 also get adjustable trim tabs?

As for the BF109, I am mostly looking forward to trimming the rudder, since my stick has no centering force so I hardly trim aileron and elevator in any aircraft anyway - it's the pedals that get annoying, keeping that ball centered is hard work. Any setting for cruise speed?

Callsign "Lion"

• ED Team

As for the BF109, I am mostly looking forward to trimming the rudder, since my stick has no centering force so I hardly trim aileron and elevator in any aircraft anyway - it's the pedals that get annoying, keeping that ball centered is hard work. Any setting for cruise speed?

I believe the 109 is the test bed for them, if they are well received I believe all the WWII birds will get them.

64Sig.png

I believe the 109 is the test bed for them, if they are well received I believe all the WWII birds will get them.

One question:

Will the '0' setting for trim tabs mean that the trim tabs are set to zero/neutral?

Or does '0' mean set to optimal trim according to ED/research?

The reason I ask is that I am quite happy with Dora's trim as it is now, so would like to be able to "find back to it" again.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Gee, I hope this will be "well received" then and there will not be too many complaints from people who find being able to trim troublesome!:megalol:

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

Gee, I hope this will be "well received" then and there will not be too many complaints from people who find being able to trim troublesome!:megalol:

For me it is a very welcomed and long time expected feature.

When I used the trim tabs editing in the Fw190 to fine tune the rolling moment in cruise, I was satisfied with that possibility, but editing a config file for a module is not the best solution...

I have long been willing to fine tune the 109 K4 aileron trim tabs - now it will be possible :)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I'm using -4 ailerons and +10 rudder, nice for roughly 400Km/H 1.0 - 1.2 ATA cruising. Keep in mind that's not magical, setting for 400Km/H will keep you pulling the stick the opposite direction at lower speeds, not to mention higher, but not only speed using higher ATA will keep you pulling the stick higher or lower speeds. I still have to decide I like that indeed. Landing controls gets a bit more tricky.

...and 1.3 ATA is cruise? :music_whistling:
No, it's not. But it's you who claims cruising to be a magical state of the 109 where no trim, no torque, no stick forces and play station FM exists :lol:.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

...and 1.3 ATA is cruise? :music_whistling:

No, it's not. ....

trim-effectiveness_zpsemfcefuc.png.

Yo-Yo Do you copy?

..Manowar is saying, that I´m right, your VVS test performed at 1.3 ATA and 2600RPM is not performed in cruise, and it is NOT valid, for cruise position of the controls surfaces as you like.

Manowar changes his opinion like we changes underpants.:lol:

I always said from the beginning, that 1.3ATA, is not cruise power, and the torque force, aerodynamics center, and drag force, is different from cruise power and cruise speed.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_+

Yo-Yo Do you copy?

..Manowar is saying, that I´m right, your VVS test performed at 1.3 ATA and 2600RPM is not performed in cruise, and it is NOT valid, for cruise position of the controls surfaces as you like.

Manowar changes his opinion like we changes underpants.:lol:

I always said from the beginning, that 1.3ATA, is not cruise power, and the torque force, aerodynamics center, and drag force, is different from cruise power and cruise speed.

Really mate, again??... :doh: What YOU have to learn is it doesn't matters, graph shows indicated speed, do you know what that means? It doesn't matters climbing, diving, cruising, whatever, it's INDICATED AIRSPEED. I haven't change a thing, I've told you how it works I don't know how many times before, I've try to explain but you still don't listen... Your pigheadedness and impermeability to basic flight principles isn't my fault mate, it's not :bomb:. I say again what you didn't read,

"It is YOU who claims cruising to be a magical state of the 109 where no trim, no torque, no stick forces and play station FM exists".

Luckily in real World Newton basic physics principles still works the same...

S!

Really mate, again??... :doh: What YOU have to learn is it doesn't matters, graph shows indicated speed, do you know what that means? It doesn't matters climbing, diving, cruising, whatever, it's INDICATED AIRSPEED. I haven't change a thing, I've told you how it works I don't know how many times before, I've try to explain but you still don't listen... Your pigheadedness and impermeability to basic flight principles isn't my fault mate, it's not :bomb:. I say again what you didn't read,

"It is YOU who claims cruising to be a magical state of the 109 where no trim, no torque, no stick forces and play station FM exists".

Luckily in real World Newton basic physics principles still works the same...

S!

Explain your crazy idea, :huh: .. why the russian test is valid for modeling the elevator trim of Bf-109 in cruise when Test of VVS was performed at 1.3ATA,2300RPM??

and previously you are saying that 1.3ATA is not cruise.

Max. continous cruise is 1.35 ata / 2400 rpm (Höchtszulaessige Dauerleistung)

economic cruise is 1.15 ata / 2000 rpm (Sparleistung)

on the K-4 with DB 605DB/DC we have in the sim. See:

DB605DB_limits_dec44Motorenkarte.jpg

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Explain your crazy idea, :huh: .. why the russian test is valid for modeling the elevator trim of Bf-109 in cruise when Test of VVS was performed at 1.3ATA,2300RPM??

and previously you are saying that 1.3ATA is not cruise.

Crazy idea??? The crazy idea is modelling a hardcore module with your supposed "proves", sentences cherrypicked here and there from one or another pilot. Yeah, that substitutes perfectly engineering data in hardcore simulators :smilewink:.

I give up on explaining again after half a million attempts what is indicated airspeed and why it doesn't matters altitude, attitude or engine setting.

Max. continous cruise is 1.35 ata / 2400 rpm (Höchtszulaessige Dauerleistung)

economic cruise is 1.15 ata / 2000 rpm (Sparleistung)

Thanks Kurfurst :smilewink:. Of course I mean 1.15 ATA cruise, but here our friend wants to fly continuous 1.4 ATA without consequences on torque, trim or anything.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

G940 with 20cm enlarged stick here. The plane feels very good.

The new trim tab adjust feature is good for a little adjust of ailerons, add to the other planes too please and keep the good work Yo-Yo.

Why would they add it to other planes? It's either there or not. May as well in cockpit aileron and rudder trim to the 109. :P

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

It's either there or not

Would it be the case that all aircraft without cockpit trim controls need to be set up on the ground? If so, trim tab settings are 'there' rather than 'not there'.

I assume every squadron would have it's aircraft rigged to cruise at similar speeds, with the idea of easier formation flying

Please Please Please ED, ensure no adjusted or default pre tab setting is maximal fighter performance setting in this and all future WWII war birds!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Crazy idea??? The crazy idea is modelling a hardcore module with your supposed "proves", sentences cherrypicked here and there from one or another pilot. Yeah, that substitutes perfectly engineering data in hardcore simulators :smilewink:.

I give up on explaining again after half a million attempts what is indicated airspeed and why it doesn't matters altitude, attitude or engine setting.

Thanks Kurfurst :smilewink:. Of course I mean 1.15 ATA cruise, but here our friend wants to fly continuous 1.4 ATA without consequences on torque, trim or anything.

S!

So it's right if I say:

1.15 ATA is not cruise it's it's a step under cruise (Sparleistung or save gas mode).

Cruise itself starts above 1.15 ATA up to max 1.35 ATA. So at least is 1.35 ATA cruise power (Dauerleistung).

Is that right?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.