weapons training...

Blindeye_03

Seems like there are a lot of issues with this but they are all different.

So in a single mission I found that I couldnt fire rockets.. I decided that since I might not be setting it up correctly that I should run the training again to be sure I had the switches correct.

I did..

I armed the system, selected rockets and had them set to both with a single rocket set. I could fire rockets, but only the left side would fire. The same thing happened with the minigun. I set it to right side, and neither would fire. I set the switch to left and both fired on the left side and on both only the left side would still fire.

The training also had me jump to a door gunner position except I didnt have door gunners... ???

My game is fully up to date and I am using windows 10. I am planning to do the training again tomorrow to see if the same bugs pop up. I dont ever remember having problems with this but it looks like I may need to abandon this title until the NEW bugs are worked out. The flight model also seems extremely twitchy even after smoothing out the controls (even compared to KA-50 and MI-8. I have real world helicopter time and this thing does not feel anywhere near remotely real. Granted I never flew a UH-1, I am not used to having controls act immediate and with such minute inputs.

Seems like there are a lot of issues with this but they are all different.

So in a single mission I found that I couldnt fire rockets.. I decided that since I might not be setting it up correctly that I should run the training again to be sure I had the switches correct.

I did..

I armed the system, selected rockets and had them set to both with a single rocket set. I could fire rockets, but only the left side would fire. The same thing happened with the minigun. I set it to right side, and neither would fire. I set the switch to left and both fired on the left side and on both only the left side would still fire.

The training also had me jump to a door gunner position except I didnt have door gunners... ???

My game is fully up to date and I am using windows 10. I am planning to do the training again tomorrow to see if the same bugs pop up. I dont ever remember having problems with this but it looks like I may need to abandon this title until the NEW bugs are worked out. The flight model also seems extremely twitchy even after smoothing out the controls (even compared to KA-50 and MI-8. I have real world helicopter time and this thing does not feel anywhere near remotely real. Granted I never flew a UH-1, I am not used to having controls act immediate and with such minute inputs.

You have to add them in the mission planner under the aircrafts payloads

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

the selector for right/left/both works for gatling only not rockets. rocket pair number selector is your best friend with rockets.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Yeah there is no way to do that.. When you go to training and click on the training mission then you click start and then the training loads and all you can do is hit fly.

Furthermore all I have available are left mounted weapons.

Again this is a NEW bug. I never had this problem in the past and selecting a loadout isnt an option since there is no way to do that.

Any other ideas? I think they should patch this up but maybe thats just me..?

Edited by Blindeye_03

the selector for right/left/both works for gatling only not rockets. rocket pair number selector is your best friend with rockets.

It doesnt matter for me at least, I only have my left minigun and left rocket pod for the training mission.

its probably just the training ... I have a little time left that I can try loading a single mission and see if I have the same issue as yesterday (now that I know how to use rockets at least).

open it in mission editor and add rockets to both sides. resave.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

After the those missions were first built they changed the weapon stations around. That change caused the weapons on 1 side thing, as I recall.

Are you running a current version or an older one?

Either way, the advise to open it in the ME, fix the weapon loadout, and save it, should fix it.