Getting back my purchases from DCS

KnightRaider

Hello Pilots,

I have been away for fours years from DCS and I want to comeback to it. But the problem is I don't see any of my purchases on DCS website. I only see BUY. I have bought a couple of games from them: Black Shark 2, A-10C Warthog and some more. Maybe I don'y look at the proper place, so if you have any suggestion for me, let's hear it, pilots. :huh: SORRY guy's I have finally found my purchases.

I have a question for you guy's, been away at least four years so am a little bit rusted here. Here are the games that I have bought but do I need to reload all of them and if so in which priorities?

My games:

LOCK ON 1.1b: Flaming Cliffs, LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2, DCS: Black Shark, DCS: Black Shark (DVD box)

DCS: Black Shark Flight Manual (extended), DCS: A-10C Warthog,

DCS: Black Shark 2, and finaly: DCS: Combined Arms

Thank you

KnightRaider

Edited by KnightRaider

KnightRaider

Processor: Intel i7 4790S 3.20GHz OC at 4.04GHz

Monitor: BenQ XR3501 35inches

Graphic Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 - Twin Frozr V - OC Edition - 4G GDDR5

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA

Memory: Kingston 32G DDR3 2400Mhz Hyper X Beast

HDD: WD 2x500G, WD Velociraptor 300G, SSD Kingston 150G

Joystick: Trusmaster Warthog Hotas,

TrackIR5 Pro

Do you remember the email address that they were ordered under? Everything should be there, though I am not sure about the physical items.

Btw, it's only been three years if you own Combined Arms. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just install DCS world. Then in DCS world use the module manager to download all your modules "inside" DCS World. This saves tremendous bandwith.

Thanks Kingpinda btw I have a I have a Thrustmaster A-10 Warthog joystick, but with no pedals. I was wondering if that joystick was also suitable for Blackshark 2?

Thank you

KnightRaider

KnightRaider

TrackIR5 Pro

Do you remember the email address that they were ordered under? Everything should be there, though I am not sure about the physical items.

Btw, it's only been three years if you own Combined Arms. ;)

Sorry three years then my mistake. :music_whistling: Well I have found all my games finally, thanks anyway.

KnightRaider :thumbup:

KnightRaider

TrackIR5 Pro

Thanks Kingpinda btw I have a I have a Thrustmaster A-10 Warthog joystick, but with no pedals. I was wondering if that joystick was also suitable for Blackshark 2?

Thank you

KnightRaider

I too have the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. But I don't use the stick for Ka-50. I use my Force Feedback G940 joystick for that. I haven't tried using the thrustmaster stick for the helo's simply because FFB is more intuitive.

Some people think its fine, some think it lacks accuracy. With a non forcefeedback stick you need to center the stick after trimming before the trim sets in. Some people extend their joystick so the stick is more accurate. You have a longer range that way. All in all you should be able to fly the Ka-50 with the warthog stick if it doesn't suffer from sticktion (ie stickyness)

Rudder pedals are highly recommended flying helo's I wouldnt be able to fly one anymore without them. In planes you can get by without them.

Rudder pedals are highly recommended flying helo's I wouldnt be able to fly one anymore without them. In planes you can get by without them.

Good luck trying to fly the P-51D, ME109, and FW-190 without rudder pedals. I assume you mean the jets.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I too have the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. But I don't use the stick for Ka-50. I use my Force Feedback G940 joystick for that. I haven't tried using the thrustmaster stick for the helo's simply because FFB is more intuitive.

Some people think its fine, some think it lacks accuracy. With a non forcefeedback stick you need to center the stick after trimming before the trim sets in. Some people extend their joystick so the stick is more accurate. You have a longer range that way. All in all you should be able to fly the Ka-50 with the warthog stick if it doesn't suffer from sticktion (ie stickyness)

Thanks again and btw what kinda of pedals are using for DCS Blackshark 2 and are they the best on the market?

KnightRaider

TrackIR5 Pro

Thanks again and btw what kinda of pedals are using for DCS Blackshark 2 and are they the best on the market?

Well I went through 3 different sets of pedals.

ages ago I got the saitek pedals for 70 bucks. But this lacked accuracy and has a large center spring and deadzone.

Then I got the Logitech G940 hotas plus rudder because of the force feedback on the joystick. Eventually I removed the big ass spring from the pedal unit. The pedals are a bit more spaced but I found that still they lack accuracy and have a hardware center deadzone like the saitek. (I only now use the Joystick because the throttle broke down after several years of hard use :)

Then I searched and searched... I ended up with the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals for 300 euros including shipping in europe. America will cost more i think. I included a set of spacers to increase the foot spacing and opted for the most realistic CAM 5 profile. (you get 2 profiles with it. CAM 4 and CAM 6)

This thing is freaking awsome! For WWII crates the accuracy is unbelievable. everything from spring strength to pedal angle is adjustable. and the cam system is truly very innovative. You can opt for a noticable center or no center at all. For helo i just detach the spring and for planes I reattach the spring. just remember to untick the return rudder to center or rudder trim option in the miscelanous options for each helicopter.

There are even more expensive pedals but they are primarily made for helo's and lack toe brakes. They also look like a few pieces of metal and rubber slapped together and will cost you about between 700 and 3000 euros.

For me the MFG Crosswind is perfect and the quality is very very good! For most though its a bit expensive for a device with only 3 axes. best bang for buck in my book though.

Well I went through 3 different sets of pedals.

ages ago I got the saitek pedals for 70 bucks. But this lacked accuracy and has a large center spring and deadzone.

Then I got the Logitech G940 hotas plus rudder because of the force feedback on the joystick. Eventually I removed the big ass spring from the pedal unit. The pedals are a bit more spaced but I found that still they lack accuracy and have a hardware center deadzone like the saitek. (I only now use the Joystick because the throttle broke down after several years of hard use :)

Then I searched and searched... I ended up with the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals for 300 euros including shipping in europe. America will cost more i think. I included a set of spacers to increase the foot spacing and opted for the most realistic CAM 5 profile. (you get 2 profiles with it. CAM 4 and CAM 6)

This thing is freaking awsome! For WWII crates the accuracy is unbelievable. everything from spring strength to pedal angle is adjustable. and the cam system is truly very innovative. You can opt for a noticable center or no center at all. For helo i just detach the spring and for planes I reattach the spring. just remember to untick the return rudder to center or rudder trim option in the miscelanous options for each helicopter.

There are even more expensive pedals but they are primarily made for helo's and lack toe brakes. They also look like a few pieces of metal and rubber slapped together and will cost you about between 700 and 3000 euros.

For me the MFG Crosswind is perfect and the quality is very very good! For most though its a bit expensive for a device with only 3 axes. best bang for buck in my book though.

HI Kingpinda,

Thanks for the info about the pedals I went on the website and I have to say WOW. They look awesome. I'll wait for a while about the buy, but thx again for this valuable info.

I went yesterday to install DCS World and all other modules until I get to DCS Blackshark 2. I had a installation problem doing it. When I try to install upgrade, I get a message to install DCS Blackshark 1 first then the upgrade. I have tried twice and still couldn't get the DCS Blackshark 2 upgrade to work. Has for the rest of my modules everything went perfect.

I get all sort of error messages that there are missing files when I click DCS BS 2 icon on my desktop. And also I couldn't launch DCS World after the fail installation of the upgrade. So if you know what am I doing wrong or in which folder I have to install DCS Blackshark 1, well am all ears. I have the box edition for BS 1 and also the downloadable version. Has for the downloadable version the license is still active but I have a disable activation automatically.

Thanks

KnightRaider :cry:

KnightRaider

TrackIR5 Pro

Hmm can't help you with the upgrade. I remember buying black shark 1 through direct2drive ages ago. I think I even have the upgrade. But for some reason I just bought Black Shark 2 at discount from ED. Maybe because I couldn't get the install to work or maybe because I simply forgotten I had the upgrade.

Maybe open a new thread for that one. or file a ticket with customer service. hope you will be rocking the Black Shark soon! Still my most favorite module!

Hmm can't help you with the upgrade. I remember buying black shark 1 through direct2drive ages ago. I think I even have the upgrade. But for some reason I just bought Black Shark 2 at discount from ED. Maybe because I couldn't get the install to work or maybe because I simply forgotten I had the upgrade.

Maybe open a new thread for that one. or file a ticket with customer service. hope you will be rocking the Black Shark soon! Still my most favorite module!

Hey again :)

Well DCS BS2 is also my favorite option to fly. So I should be back in no sweat. Looking maybe at buying the pedals you told me about. But unless the price is much to high in CDN dollars well I will delay my purchase until maybe the price goes down. Well I will issue a ticket concerning my little installation problem.

Thanks and fly safe :thumbup:

KnightRaider

KnightRaider

TrackIR5 Pro

I know the US dollar is very strong at the moment and thus its cheaper for the Americans to buy the unit right now. I don't know if the Canadian Dollars are just as strong.

Be forewarned though that it can take a while before your unit is sent. Milan has hired additional staff to manufacture the pedals in their carpenters plant but there still is a backlog. I had to wait 4 months but production has increased so you would be looking at 1 month maybe 2 months untill it arrives.

I know the US dollar is very strong at the moment and thus its cheaper for the Americans to buy the unit right now. I don't know if the Canadian Dollars are just as strong.

Be forewarned though that it can take a while before your unit is sent. Milan has hired additional staff to manufacture the pedals in their carpenters plant but there still is a backlog. I had to wait 4 months but production has increased so you would be looking at 1 month maybe 2 months untill it arrives.

No Canadian dollars is at like 65 cents or close to 70 cents. So it's not that good.

Thx bro

KnightRaider

TrackIR5 Pro

Good luck trying to fly the P-51D, ME109, and FW-190 without rudder pedals. I assume you mean the jets.

I do it all the time. Just takes some mastering. Taking off in the P-51 w/o pedals is very difficult just to warn you Knight. Too me 37 tries the first time. The Focke-Wulf is even harder.

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEED DESIGN PROJECTS FOR YOUR CAMPAIGNS? PM ME.

No Canadian dollars is at like 65 cents or close to 70 cents. So it's not that good.

Thx bro

Actually, 0.75 at the moment, but still not good.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I do it all the time. Just takes some mastering. Taking off in the P-51 w/o pedals is very difficult just to warn you Knight. Too me 37 tries the first time. The Focke-Wulf is even harder.

:joystick:

Hi,

Actually I plan to fly with BCS 2 when my problem is resolve, still can't get it working. :(

KnightRaider

TrackIR5 Pro

Hey Knightrider, I did some checking. Are you using the STEAM DCS World or Standalone DCS world?

apparently the black shark 2 upgrade does not function with STEAM DCS World. Only with the standalone version.

See this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124991

So if that's the case, simply download DCS World from ED and ignore the steam version. All Steam serials are interchangeable with the standalone version. You need to bind it to your account under your profile.

Serials from the DCS website are NOT interchangeable with steam.