Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

"We're also investing a lot of time into auxiliary components that require a lot of care and attention to detail.

These include Audio, UI Artwork, Documentation, Mission & Campaign building, Training packages, music and Web/PR.

Usually these are done in the final stages of development; where the aircraft approaches a feature complete status."

If that's not a huge hint I do not know what it is. Could we be getting a module by the end of 2015? :santa:

Kind regards,

Quentin.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic105862_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

The line says "Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)".

So yes, the CRT screens are already there (MiG-21 radar display) and they (LNS) are improving their tools to make them better (Custom shaders).

However I can't tell if those custom shaders will be used for MiG-21 or only for new developments.

Scanlines? Scanlines. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

my lord... the Intruder would be the single greatest module ever... soooo much going for that airframe and it spans a huge timeframe.

I agree! I didn't know much about the A6 before this post, but after seeing the capabilities, this would be a great aircraft! it's lika a two pilot warthog that launches from the carrier. It's everything I love about combat aviation rolled into one slick package!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Somebody knows something regarding the pilot model in cockpit view ? I remember they talk about it a long time ago, but as far as I know never touch that topic again.. And from my point of view it adds a lot immersion to the sim..

PS = Cobra, be brave and reveal at least one of the incoming planes today :megalol:

Somebody knows something regarding the pilot model in cockpit view ? I remember they talk about it a long time ago, but as far as I know never touch that topic again.. And from my point of view it adds a lot immersion to the sim..

PS = Cobra, be brave and reveal at least one of the incoming planes today :megalol:

Are you talking about the MiG-21 or the F-14? I guess MiG-21, but in case of F-14: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2459254&postcount=8

I haven't heard anything about it in the MiG-21.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

I'd be very much appreciated if LNS could stop torturing us!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Scanlines? Scanlines. :D

Scanline (and other CRT emulation) shaders are quite common with the arcade game emulation sector.

However, isn't the old radars based on vector displays (like oscilloscopes)? If so there shouldn't be any scanlines.

The Shkval monitor in the SU-25 is a raster monitor though and would benefit from a good scanline shader.

Scanline (and other CRT emulation) shaders are quite common with the arcade game emulation sector.

However, isn't the old radars based on vector displays (like oscilloscopes)? If so there shouldn't be any scanlines.

The Shkval monitor in the SU-25 is a raster monitor though and would benefit from a good scanline shader.

Don't know about MiG-21 (I mean whether it's radar scope is a CRT or not), but some early types of Viggen apparently had 2 CRT displays in their cockpits, if I recall correctly one was for map display and other was radar.

Also, if they do something like A-6, I also think it fed FLIR image through a CRT display.

I'd be very much appreciated if LNS could stop torturing us!

On this, we agree :D

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I... actually have no idea, but you're absolutely right, they wouldn't have scanlines, they'd have other artifacts related to the refresh rate and flickering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

I... actually have no idea, but you're absolutely right, they wouldn't have scanlines, they'd have other artifacts related to the refresh rate and flickering.

Exactly. And the lovely phosphor glow and highlighted corners of geometrical shapes etc., that can't ever be simulated in a good way.

Anyone that played Asteroids on an original arcade machine knows what I'm talking about :D

(or spent hours in an electronics shop using a good old oscilloscope)

(or used to be a pilot back then when these radars or displays where common)

It is a little concerning that after announcing the F-14, they then put it on the back burner and focus on other projects.

Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to a possible Viggen, but not if it means I'll have to wait even longer for the Tomcat.

Their website stills says they hope to have the F-14 in beta around the first half of 2016. If they are trying to knock out these other two projects I doubt they'll stick to that calendar.

It is a little concerning that after announcing the F-14, they then put it on the back burner and focus on other projects.

They are a lot more employees now than back when they made the MiG-21bis. With the right workflow and enough people, they can make several modules at the same time without putting anything "on the back burner".

Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to a possible Viggen, but not if it means I'll have to wait even longer for the Tomcat.

Their website stills says they hope to have the F-14 in beta around the first half of 2016. If they are trying to knock out these other two projects I doubt they'll stick to that calendar.

Just on the bolded part, LN never said anything to imply that. Right back in the Jan update they said they were working on 3 modules, before they announced the F14. The Feb/March update (a few days before F14) confirms that. They have never said it was their next module, they've actually said they hope to get another module out in 2015 and that the F14 is aiming for a 2016 release.

Here, even a quote back from July confirms it: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2433003&postcount=2

Edited by Buzzles

just pay patient, last year ed said they will release dcs1.3 as wll known as dcs2 for now at Q4 2014.

they delay it for a whole year.

they always said everything is subject to change, so the calander is just a alphabet for them, for us? just wait. wait wait and until the day, they post the announcement for the new one, if they don't finish the project, whatever you tpye the words on the forum is totally useless, just let them done it.

we just need wait the announcement and prepare the money, and also need a little more patient.

Just on the bolded part, LN never said anything to imply that. Right back in the Jan update they said they were working on 3 modules, before they announced the F14. The Feb/March update (a few days before F14) confirms that. They have never said it was their next module, they've actually said they hope to get another module out in 2015 and that the F14 is aiming for a 2016 release.

Here, even a quote back from July confirms it: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2433003&postcount=2

Exactly this. From the get go they have stated that they are aiming for a 2016 release for the F14, and that the two unannounced projects are much further along in development and slated for a late 2015 release. (If everything goes to plan).

The reason for the big F14 announcement is actually quite obvious. It's one of the most desirable aircraft in the sim world, and probably much more so than either of their other projects. A good many people will wait patiently for the F14 and a good number of others will happily buy any other module in development by Leatherneck, just to support a F14 release. IMO it's a pretty good plan.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Exactly this. From the get go they have stated that they are aiming for a 2016 release for the F14, and that the two unannounced projects are much further along in development and slated for a late 2015 release. (If everything goes to plan).

The reason for the big F14 announcement is actually quite obvious. It's one of the most desirable aircraft in the sim world, and probably much more so than either of their other projects. A good many people will wait patiently for the F14 and a good number of others will happily buy any other module in development by Leatherneck, just to support a F14 release. IMO it's a pretty good plan.

It's an effective strategy! I wouldn't have started with DCS except for the Tomcat announcement. I was also compelled to buy the MiG-21 to support LNS, but now that I have the MiG-21 - I'm totally hooked and not just thinking about the Tomcat (though it is the thing I'm most looking forward to).

Their announcement and MiG-21 are like a gateway drug....well played LNS. :)

-Nick

I can't wait for the next announcement. I just really really hope its a modern American Airframe. Still hoping they drop a shocker like the F-16 on us!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Well I'd be excited for the Intruder too! Grew up reading Flight of the Intruder:)

But I really just want a multirole fighter! So tired of the A-10. The Intruder would certainly be an improvement since it's not so damn slow but I really want a capable fighter that can do both!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord