Graphics Help

Hi, can someone tell me if there is a way to increase the range to load high textures?

The problem I see is when for example in low altitude or even landing, gound textures still blurried. I also dont know if this is normal behaviour.:cry:

I'm also getting same exactly problem with FSX:SE, high textures only get loaded when getting near the ground or montain for example.

I have a I7, GTX 970, 16GB DDR4, settings:

6.png

7.png

I'm getting:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

The screenshots look normal to me.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Take a look at this very thorough test to get the most FPS and Quality out of DCS.

I have all set to High with no FPS glitches and FXAA set to on with less of a system than yours. I would get rid of the overclock too, it does little in the way of increased gaming. Unless 2to4 frames are what you where looking to do for some reason.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Maybe you can change the sight distance or such scroll at ingame setting manu, it doesn't need to set at max.

and I set all of texture, or such thing on high level and 4x anti-aliasing. My gpu is only 650, it could run well, ( however except landing on runway).

the nv control panel and that software which called experience(or expxxxxx, I can't remember it) is terrible, I never use them. :(

or you can upload the screen shoots of your ingame setting menu. that will be more helpful.

Hi guys, thanks for reply.

Take a look at this very thorough test to get the most FPS and Quality out of DCS.

I have all set to High with no FPS glitches and FXAA set to on with less of a system than yours. I would get rid of the overclock too, it does little in the way of increased gaming. Unless 2to4 frames are what you where looking to do for some reason.

I saw, video ground texture is awesome but this guy is using ATI which make comparison with my graphics card impossible.

Maybe you can change the sight distance or such scroll at ingame setting manu, it doesn't need to set at max.

and I set all of texture, or such thing on high level and 4x anti-aliasing. My gpu is only 650, it could run well, ( however except landing on runway).

the nv control panel and that software which called experience(or expxxxxx, I can't remember it) is terrible, I never use them. :(

or you can upload the screen shoots of your ingame setting menu. that will be more helpful.

I tried, no results, new images bellow.

Set ingame options VISIB RANGE to HIGH and compare results.

Tried all possible options, no change related to ground texture, they still low quality.

Heres some new images, these images are using settings at maximum, also nvidia is set to not touch game settings. Look ground texture at aircraft light, low resolution with just some meters ahead from aircraft. Ground texture bellow aircraft when landing are good but the ground textures ahead.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

You might want to try editing your High.lua a little, look in Config\terrain folder open the lua with Notepad++

line 48: Height = 300.0;

try raising this to around 500 or more and you'll see more of the detailed terrain noise texture at a further distance.

Edited by Mustang

You might want to try editing your High.lua a little, look in Config\terrain folder open the lua with Notepad++

line 48: Height = 300.0;

try raising this to around 500 or more and you'll see more of the detailed terrain noise texture at a further distance.

OMG!!!! HAHAHHAHAHHHHAHA, :megalol: :lol: THANK YOU!!!

Thanks everybody, but the trick is that HEIGHT config at terrain config files. I'm currently using 1500.00. Awesome, sadly needed to force disable anisotropic filtering at nvidia inspector to avoid black points shacking at ground texture but it didn't made bad results.

Screens bellow, awesome, thank you again, I think configs like that should be public at some place, probably this config is one of others which can improve game graphics at high end computers.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

inspector1.png

dcsconfig.png