Level turn tutorial

SPEKTRE76

So I turn the Hog to 040@070 and 280KTS. I begin and end three complete level turns only deviating +5KTS and about 50 ft. How many turns am I supposed to make? I am not a robot and I cannot maintain a perfect dead nuts on turn.

How many turns am I supposed to make? :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEED DESIGN PROJECTS FOR YOUR CAMPAIGNS? PM ME.

So I turn the Hog to 040@070 and 280KTS. I begin and end three complete level turns only deviating +5KTS and about 50 ft. How many turns am I supposed to make?

I'd like to repeat DirtyFret's question: Which mission are you even talking about?

In any case, I would basically assume that "turn to 040 at 070 and 280 kts" means something like:

"Turn to heading 040 at Flight Level 70 at 280 knots Indicated Air Speed".

(Especially the 070 part I'm not sure about, might mean something else entirely, like bank angle - which is why some kind of reference would work wonders to debug this thing).

Anyways, assuming you're supposed to turn to heading 040, why, just turn there. What makes you think you're supposed to fly circles?

Also, what version of DCS are you currently flying? Can you post a track?

My guess would be it's at the end of the default Take Off and Basic Flight Maneuvers training mission, where you set up the jet at 040, FL 70, and 280 kts, then do a 360 level turn.

Not sure why the completion isn't triggering, but try rolling back out at 040 once you've completed the first (only) 360 turn? I believe he awards you the mission once you've started to roll back level at 040...

But no promises! ;)

My guess would be it's at the end of the default Take Off and Basic Flight Maneuvers training mission, where you set up the jet at 040, FL 70, and 280 kts, then do a 360 level turn.

Sounds plausible. I seem to remember there were some problems with some of the training missions ages ago, but I thought they'd long been fixed. Hopefully OP can shed some light on things. :thumbup:

I have flown this training mission almost once per night the last week as training... I have had no issues with the triggers, i either have the well done complete, or try again or RTB and try again tomorrow message... in all my attempts.

I fly from the A-10C training mission and not from the mission editor, if this could be a reason...

You have to fly the heading 040 at 280 kts at 7000 feet, left turn not a right turn and then the Instructor will tell you to start when these are criteria are in place... After you have flown the full 360 degrees circle you will be told if you had deviated too much and have a second try when the criteria again are in place...

Edited by Bedouin
  • Like 1

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

I know the triggers in the training missions can get messed up when you press space bar when you aren't supposed to. Just something to consider.

Yeah I bet that was it. I did push it before he was done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEED DESIGN PROJECTS FOR YOUR CAMPAIGNS? PM ME.