Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mirk, seems like people are having problems with the F10 option not visible in how it seems non-flaming cliffs aircraft. Just completely gone. Also, i bet some lucky people wanna have spitfire slots... :helpsmilie:

As usual if there is a new version of dcs that has been released, please wait for the server to be updated to this version ;)

I will try to update it tonight and post here when done

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Recently started flying A-10C on OC again, gotta say Mirk this server feels better every time I join! :)

I saw a vid by ralfidude the other day where he is giving you a shoutout too, congrats, you deserve it! :D

(Someone needs to give this man a professional server system, we need more slots!!)

I donated before but right now I'm considering it again :noexpression:

EDIT: Just checked and donated the last change I had on my account, I'm broke... :lol: Not much but it's something :smilewink:

Edited by Anna

Recently started flying A-10C on OC again, gotta say Mirk this server feels better every time I join! :)

Thanks, glad you like it.

I am testing something right now that could make OC even greater!

Someone needs to give this man a professional server system, we need more slots!!

I already asked ED and my current company for support lol

I donated before but I right now I'm considering it again :noexpression:

Listen to Shia Labeouff: "Do it now!" :)

Every bits count!

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Server Updated to DCS/1.5.5.60338

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.5.3

Spitfire

• Added in Database
  • Same cargo capacity as other WWII planes
    • 1 document slot
    • 1 cargo slot
    • Can carry explosive pack

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.3.7

Free some slots

• All P51 @ GEL are now "On Ground" but still on the airport
  • Krymsk now have 2 slots of each WWII planes instead of 3
  • The advanced launching grounds [ALG] still have slots of each
  • Some UH1 @ GEL are now "On Ground" but still on the airport

New Spifire slot

• At Gelendzhik, Krymsk for blue airports
  • At Sochi for red airports
  • At Blue and Red ALG
    • Not sure if they can cold start without ground power
    • Please tell me if they require HOT slots there like the Bf109

[*]Radio ButtonA is setup on AWACS Freq 124

I don't own the Spitfire / I couldn't test any of this / Please report bugs

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Spitfires do not need hot starts! It appears as if the ground spawns work fine.

Edited by PilotRyan
Tested ground spawns (they work)

Win10 Pro | i7 7920hq | ASUS ROG Strix RTX2080 | Thrustmaster FCS (Thanks Dojo & The 476th Podcast!)

I'm a low flyer :helpsmilie:

IFF appears to be faulty on your server / in the current version of DCS:

I just took a Su-27 for a spin from Gudauta (red team!). Two enemy aircraft showed up on my display (arrow with open end, as usual), I shot both down. Two teamkills. Also, default radio was English with altitude readings in feet, as it usually is with the blue team on your server.

Best regards,

Brett

Redfor AWACS talking english is a feature, not a bug. Never had any issues with IFF before, are you sure it wasn't your fault?

Yea su27 will say enemy if you are seeing an aircraft thru IRST and the AWACS DL doesn't see it.

You have to switch your radar on to do a proper off request

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Just trim it out NASA

Screen_161217_155248.thumb.jpg.ea484d770549bbf1016d59e3fc43d5d6.jpg

Screen_161217_155241.thumb.jpg.5e64bda6edb3bf7a3197fe3d072440ea.jpg

Screen_161217_155232.thumb.jpg.2ad599d767e63c660ae3b862fdca6662.jpg

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

This might be a possible explanation. Thank you!

I never encountered it before, however.

On the datalink screen, you can differentiate targets detected by your own instruments from the targets given by the AWACS.

If you only know a target from your instruments and you don't have the radar turned on, don't trust IFF because you are not interrogating the target and the AWACS is not doing it for you.

This case happens more in OC because the AWACS coverage is, by design, not that great.

From the manual, here is what it looks like:

AWACS.jpg.1b5da976a40664fe4726175690536cd7.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

What's next in Open Conflict?

Hello guys,

A lot of the past discussion have been centered about policing the server or removing the irritants that can happen on the server and that's ok.

However, I would like to start compiling some new ideas for Open Conflict.

Skynet masterscript might "soon" get a major overall and before considering this massive work, I would like to gather a bunch of ideas to add more gameplay.

So what new activities would you like to play in Open Conflict?

Of the top of my request list, here is some examples:

• Capture enemy bases and even better enemy airports
  • Implement a warning system that will tell you when your bases are under attack
  • Transport actual troops that will attack stuff
  • Retrieve sensitive cargo / secret documents on enemy aircraft/objective wrecks (like the rescue but with cargo)
  • Defuse explosive packs put by saboteur on your objective /convoy path (inverse of planting bombs)

Of course, a lot of my limitation comes from DCS but still, let's make it first a brainstorm and then see what we can do :lol:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Is it possible to have ground elements engaging each other for AtoG and CAS to fly missions for? I mean actually have some blue troops and units engaging red troops and units that we can support?

^^^^this!!!! +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

[*]Transport actual troops that will attack stuff

+:thumbup: for this, but can you do it in a different way than Blue Flag, so :

-if you can make the troops count limited, that means lets say blue Farp has 3/3 troops and every transport helo can take one but these troops are gone from the farp and are now trackable so if one helo carrying troops crash land another helo has to go and pick up the troop from the crashed site.

ofcourse if a helo carrying troops get shot down we have to bring new troops from Krasnodar airfield.

so it would be, if pilot survives troop do too and if dies troops are gone.

-these troops are trackable with the F10 menu, so we drop them in a city we give them CAS and if we capture that city we have to land and transport them again to the next objective.

this would give teamwork alot more sense like protecting the helos carrying those troops because we know if one get shot down bringing new troops from krasnodar is a pain in the ass and take alot more time. (it is not just well respawn load troops and try again).

+:thumbup: for this, but can you do it in a different way than Blue Flag, so :

-if you can make the troops count limited, that means lets say blue Farp has 3/3 troops and every transport helo can take one but these troops are gone from the farp and are now trackable so if one helo carrying troops crash land another helo has to go and pick up the troop from the crashed site.

ofcourse if a helo carrying troops get shot down we have to bring new troops from Krasnodar airfield.

so it would be, if pilot survives troop do too and if dies troops are gone.

-these troops are trackable with the F10 menu, so we drop them in a city we give them CAS and if we capture that city we have to land and transport them again to the next objective.

this would give teamwork alot more sense like protecting the helos carrying those troops because we know if one get shot down bringing new troops from krasnodar is a pain in the ass and take alot more time. (it is not just well respawn load troops and try again).

+100!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

As an A10 junkie, I've always wondered if there could be more use for the predator drone that used to be in the game along with the AI Tu22.

The TAD, the A10s moving map system can see the predator along with F16 and hopefully player F18 in the future and share information.

I've always dreamed about a Predator drone that's still an enemy A-A target, but with a bit more use for the team it's on.

It would be seriously awesome to have a drone move around the conflict zone, targeting objectives and moving on once it's target is destroyed. A SPI could be supplied for A10's, and a laser would benefit everything able to carry GBU12s.

Seconding the CAS idea, maybe have a BTR along with soldiers move in on every 5th crashed pilot for example, with about 10mins of room.